LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Well Guy's...The GXP might be being sold.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Well Guy's...The GXP might be being sold.

I am really really thinking hard about the decision I am about to make.

I had a guy come up to me today and offer $10k on my GXP. I told him no at first and as I thought about it, I began contemplating it. I called the guy back and told him I would be looking around at other options before I sold the car.

I am looking at the one car I have said over and over again, would be the ONLY car I would get rid of my GXP for. A Infiniti G35 Coupe.

This one in particular: http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/2543636395.html

I would obviously be getting into a car with lower mileage however, I would have to buy tires up front and also my insurance would raise about $150 more for six months.

I truly love my GXP and do not want to be one of those people that are jumping the forums the second they get a hot deal. However, I really dont know if I will like this car more or not.

I've never really owned a foreign car and well....I dont know if I will have the same reliability. It's not that my GXP has been the best, but I have gone through it with a fine pick comb and trust it now.

Please dont flame or anything, just give me an honest opinion.
Do you think getting 10k out of a 2005 GXP with 140k miles on it is ideal? Whats your opinion on the G35?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that is pretty good for your car as mine is an 06' with less than 100k and would be lucky to get that.

G35: They are slower than the GXP (atleast the ones I've ran) But they do have a good motor, good aftermarket, pretty good interior, seen on the forums they aren't to bad maintenance wise, def get an 05' or newer cause the older ones had some issues with oil consumption among other things.

Best advice DO RESEARCH first
Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Choose wisely

Old 08-28-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im gonna ...................
Old 08-28-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
im gonna ...................
Why is that? Do you not like the G35? I am very serious in this post. I would like to know your guys opinions, good or bad! Therefore, I would like some reasoning behind the posts. Nothing going against you or calling you out here, im just wondering.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

G37 or bust.

G35s, while they look good, are overweight and terribly slow, compared to LS4s and 350Zs. G37s on the other hand, look SO much better, faster, sound better, did I mention look better?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

the reason i dont like the car you have chosen is i dont view it as an "upgrade" you have to put money in to it to make the car "quick" and i have been in one and my first impression is it was very cheap. the seats i could not stand the ones in the gxp/g8/gto are soooooo much nicer, but the whole car just gave me that cheap feel that there where corners cut. dont get me wrong every car has em but i just vividly remember this car being one of them

maybe its just me but i have never been struck with the thought that " man that is a bad *** infinity" or any import for that matter with the exception of a handful of audis
Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
im not a big import fan but the reason i dont like the car you have chosen is i dont view it as an "upgrade" you have to put money in to it to make the car "quick" and i have been in one and my first impression is it was very cheap. the seats i could not stand the ones in the gxp/g8/gto are soooooo much nicer, but the whole car just gave me that cheap feel that there where corners cut. dont get me wrong every car has em but i just vividly remember this car being one of them
Alright man. Thanks! Thats the stuff I WANT to hear in a way. I will be going through the car thoroughly, however I will take note of these things and make sure its not something thats going to annoy me.

I mean, I'm spending 3k on top of my gxp selling cost, which at this moment, doing great!
Old 08-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Banned

Your looking for a G35?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Fafonfoe
Your looking for a G35?
Im not technically looking for one, I found one here in Michigan that looks to be an ideal match, however I am going to check it out and see if its something I would be interested in.

Your in Louisiana, so that would be too long of a drive for me. Didnt you just have photos up of the LS2 swap?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Banned

Sure did. The G is a really nice vehicle.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree with brikki8109,and i also think those cars are not that great, if your looking for a sports car ,start looking c5zo6 you can find some killer deals on them, and they all ready have a ton of performance, but if your still in school keep the gxp , its paid off . but on the other hand do you think you will get another 10 grand offer? thats a toss up .
Old 08-29-2011, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brikki8109
I feel like your father! I would keep the GXP. You just paid it off, and your about to start your first or second year of college. Trust me, keeping your debt low will help you get through your student loans.

Again though, it is your money, and do with it what you like! I just wish more people had talked sense into me when I was going through this phase. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help! But now I will
I definitely understand where your coming from brikki. Im thinking the same thing to myself believe it or not. I have a 2005 GXP , thats paid off, and runs and drives great. Do I jump onto a band wagon that could really give me problems in the future or no.

The true pluses in the situation to me is
1. The offer on my car is almost $1200 above blue book and well, my gxp is not exactly mint. It's not rough by any means but its not mint.
2. This G35 is literally the one I have always wanted. Now, to refine on my response there. The keyword is WANTED. I technically do not need this car. That's why I am really going through the plus and minuses on the purchase.

I think I paid like $87 a month on my GXP, it wasnt bad at all. When I checked the loan prices on the G35, it would be like $101 a month or something. However, I do not have a payment so that is $101 a month that I would have never had in the first place because the GXP is paid off.

I really do appreciate your response and am definitely trying to look at all aspects of this purchase. If anything sells or is bought, it wont be until tues.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

$10k for your car is a great situation. I would go for it and if nothing else buy a different lower mileage GXP or other car. I say research your choices but you won't get an offer like this again.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MuscleCarNut711
...if nothing else buy a different lower mileage GXP...
I doubt he would want to again throw the dice on another stock 4T65-HD trans.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
I doubt he would want to again throw the dice on another stock 4T65-HD trans.
The thought of buying another, lower mileage GXP did go through my head. I actually even thought about Monte's!

However, as I though about it. I thought, yea I could buy a 06 instead of an 05. Then I could get the predator and have the nicer interior and even have lower miles.

But, I dont know the history on the car im buying. I might have to put a engine in that one too! I KNOW my car right now is good. I know what it has had replaced and what it hasnt. I honestly trust my car do Florida and back 10 times (Not including tires!).

Once I thought about all that, I decided if I was going to go that route, I would be almost hurting myself.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hazards280
The thought of buying another, lower mileage GXP did go through my head. I actually even thought about Monte's!

However, as I though about it. I thought, yea I could buy a 06 instead of an 05. Then I could get the predator and have the nicer interior and even have lower miles.

But, I dont know the history on the car im buying. I might have to put a engine in that one too! I KNOW my car right now is good. I know what it has had replaced and what it hasnt. I honestly trust my car do Florida and back 10 times (Not including tires!).

Once I thought about all that, I decided if I was going to go that route, I would be almost hurting myself.
If you want a Monte, I will sell you mine. It has been a great car! only 43,000 on it.

As far as the G35, I would do what ever made you happy and you could afford. You never know, that G could be a trouble free car or it could become a money pit. You know how it can be when buying a car. Roll of the dice, really.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

why not an F body?
Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MuscleCarNut711
$10k for your car is a great situation. I would go for it and if nothing else buy a different lower mileage GXP or other car. I say research your choices but you won't get an offer like this again.
what he said.....I would take the $10k and run....then let getting a new car be the "problem" ....
Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

why not an Fbody?

Quick Reply: Well Guy's...The GXP might be being sold.