LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

SS remote srart.. grumbles..

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where do you look up the TSBs...the few places I have found don't have anything on the FOB problems....and i've been dealing with this one from day one...and they told me that after they replaced it...since there was a new part coming out...they weren't going to program my tire pressure monitor....so for the last 3 months I have to measure them manually...what a pain...when it's a feature I specifically paid for....just to clear up that I'm not lazy
Old 01-25-2007, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would tell you but I would have to kill you.
Sounds like the typical bs you get from those damn dealerships. They probably didn't reprogram the tire pressure moniter system because it probably wouldn't help. Don't worry though, there should be a new antenna out if Feb.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kissmyss03
yes it is a bad ground causing it. the ground is held in by a plastic christmas tree, when u go to dealer they will put a self tapping screw in place of the plastic tree and problem solved

can you get some pics and instructions???
Old 01-25-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

It's not just the grounding...you need the techII to reprogram the system as well.

THat fix didn't work for everyone so for some they're regrounding a new module...which is what we're waiting for parts for.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

and there's supposed to be a new coax cable they're using and putting in as well...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 01-25-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

They told me two new transmitters and new antenna maybe coax too. I've been too lazy to call to see if they got the parts in. They usually have the TSB's at the NHTSA website, I didn't see any for this problem though.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/proble...ame=#TECHNICAL)
Old 01-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

I called the dealer today and complained about the range for the remote start and they said I needed a new antenna and they ordered it. They didn't even want me to take the car in to check it out... they must be getting a lot of complaints.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

IIRC, the problem is throughout the entire '06 line of vehicles. Very common issue. I know at the minimum it affects the Imp, MC and Lucerne...and i KNOW there were more GM vehicles listed on the service bulletin.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

my 07 is also on the list as well. i am waiting for the "new" parts to be in.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nikon02
my 07 is also on the list as well. i am waiting for the "new" parts to be in.
Mine is the 07 as well. I just got three peices for the remote start. I think they replaced the wholoe system. There were three things they replaced including the key fabs. It didn't make my remotes work any better or worse. I work here at the dealership and three of us have 06-07 impalas and all of us did the fix. It only helped one of us. There are a lot of people coming in for this problem. Some people have to almost be on top of there car for it to work. I am going to see if they fixed the christmas tree thing but from there I'll have to see.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by manoloffogg
Mine is the 07 as well. I just got three peices for the remote start. I think they replaced the wholoe system. There were three things they replaced including the key fabs. It didn't make my remotes work any better or worse. I work here at the dealership and three of us have 06-07 impalas and all of us did the fix. It only helped one of us. There are a lot of people coming in for this problem. Some people have to almost be on top of there car for it to work. I am going to see if they fixed the christmas tree thing but from there I'll have to see.

Let us know.

My Service Manager is going to call me when the new parts come in.

Why dont we hear about the Grand Prixs having this issue?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Teching In

yea i just took my car in to the dealer a day or 2 ago with the same issue, and i was told by a tech that they arnt allowed to even touch it on the monte's. the imps they have a fix for. But a bullitin came out on the 17th telling techs not to perfom any troubleshooting for the mc untill further notice and they told me to come back in a few months for an update. I think i got fed a line of bullshit since its the same exact system. anybody else get told this?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

I'm one of those that need to be on top of their car for it to work. Sucks, man...
Old 01-29-2007, 07:10 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
I'm one of those that need to be on top of their car for it to work. Sucks, man...
yup, me too...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 01-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Haven't you tried the christmas tree thing?
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nikon02
Let us know.

My Service Manager is going to call me when the new parts come in.

Why dont we hear about the Grand Prixs having this issue?
As soon as a fix is out for my car(at this dealership) the service manager lets me know. I don't get to hear much about the gxp's cause this is a chevy/caddy dealer. The Cadillac's don't have any problem that I have heard of yet(with remote start).
Old 01-29-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by manoloffogg
Haven't you tried the christmas tree thing?
No, it's easier to b!tch about it

Seriously, i don't want to do that on my own and have it not completely fix the problem, then have the dealer say what i did screwed something up.

Also, this isn't just a remote start issue. The problem causes Tire Pressure Monitoring errors as well. On any given morning, i'll get a Low-Pressure warning stating that one of my tires is flat...and they'll all be fine. I'd much rather complain and wait for the right fix than do it half-assed. The module that controls the Remote Start also received the signals from the wheel monitors.

Ultimately, since i've owned her, i haven't been in a position where remotely-starting my vehicle from 100' away would have drastically altered my day May have been nice to sit from my desk and hear it rumble to life, but walking the 30' through the office to the front window isn't all that hard either.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Hmmm, I have not seen much of a problem with mine yet. How far is it supposed to be able to work from?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nighthand
Hmmm, I have not seen much of a problem with mine yet. How far is it supposed to be able to work from?
I have been asked that question being I am a salesman here. They don't give us an exact distance. I would assume they do that for a reason
Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

specs say it works from up to 200 feet... and mine used to...

"Monte Carlo LT and SS models feature a standard, factory-installed remote vehicle starter system, which operates from up to 200 feet away."

it's right on the chevrolet.com site as well as in the brochure... Am I the only one that reads the brochures??

I also have an extra one that I keep with all my paperwork, original window sticker, build sheet, etc etc...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 01-29-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Quick Reply: SS remote srart.. grumbles..