LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?

Hi everyone,
Will the diablo sport tuner work on the 07 impala SS? on the diablo sport website it only lists the tuner available for the 06 impala SS?
I know its been discussed before, but whats the final word on the topic?
thank you as always
Old 03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would call them to see, perhaps they havent updated their website in a little while?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No, there is no Predator or support for the '07 Impala/Monte SS's at this point - due to the computers being different from the 06's.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 03-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used this for their Imp/MC yet?

If so, please post your thoughts on if you were really able to tell a difference.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
No, there is no Predator or support for the '07 Impala/Monte SS's at this point - due to the computers being different from the 06's.
x2 - I just read an article in GMHTP this past weekend confirming new ECM
Old 03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by The_Glaive
Has anyone used this for their Imp/MC yet?

If so, please post your thoughts on if you were really able to tell a difference.
yes, and hell yes

quicker throttle response, faster acceleration, better mileage, no more 4 cyl mode - always runnin' on all 8 now

and it will get even better once they have the tranny support finished up - then we get to adjust the tranny parameters such as TM, shift points, firmness, how quick it shifts, etc etc...

again though, this is for the 06's.... there is nothing out yet for the 07's...

Diablosport does say though that they are planning on coming out with one for the 2007's...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-16-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Well, it's nice to hear good reviews on this unit...seeing as how a few of us should be receiving one over the next few days.

06MonteSS...have you tweaked anything beyond installing the Hi-Po, non-DoD, tune? Have you tried to get your FT's in line with where they should be?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yes sir... I installed the Diablo Tune No Dod performance tune - which is made for 93 octane fuel.

I was better than stock just by itself, then after a while I started playing around with logging the real time data, reading up a lot on a bunch of forums, and got comfortable enough to try playing around with some parameters.

Come to find out, after installing the CAI, I was running lean - getting about +6 - +7 ltft. So, I modified the No DOD tune and set the injector slope to -5%, and the PE (WOT) ranges I set to +3%. It's even better than the canned tune settings now with these changes, since the fuel trims are all in line. And with the PE ranges set to +3%, my O2 voltage is at .88xx - which is safe until I can get on a dyno or at least buy a wideband to accurately check the WOT AFR.

Now she runs like a beast!!

Let me know if you have any questions when you get yours, I'll be more than happy to help ya out.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-16-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am sure I will need some help when mine arrives. I just got the 160* thermo in today and in a few days the tuner should be here. Tomorrow I am doing front rotors and ceramic pads.

-Mike
Old 03-05-2007, 02:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

no problem - I'll be happy to help when/where I can.

you can also register for Diablosport.com's support forums if there's something I can't help with: http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=pnphpbb2

Old 03-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Teching In

yes sir... I installed the Diablo Tune No Dod performance tune - which is made for 93 octane fuel.

I was better than stock just by itself, then after a while I started playing around with logging the real time data, reading up a lot on a bunch of forums, and got comfortable enough to try playing around with some parameters.

Come to find out, after installing the CAI, I was running lean - getting about +6 - +7 ltft. So, I modified the No DOD tune and set the injector slope to -5%, and the PE (WOT) ranges I set to +3%. It's even better than the canned tune settings now with these changes, since the fuel trims are all in line. And with the PE ranges set to +3%, my O2 voltage is at .88xx - which is safe until I can get on a dyno or at least buy a wideband to accurately check the WOT AFR.

Let me know if you have any questions when you get yours, I'll be more than happy to help ya out.
Ok.... the only acronym I understood in all of that is CAI.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LOL - sorry...

LTFT - long term fuel trim -- the ECM adjusts these to keep the cruising AFR stoich at about 14.75.

AFR - Air/Fuel Ratio

ECM - Engine Control Module

PE - Power Enrichment - a table the ECM uses for fueling / amount of fuel to pump when you're at WOT

WOT - Wide Open Throttle

O2 - aka NBO2 - the narrow-band oxygen sensors

also, once you guys start logging, you'll notice that we don't have a "Bank 2" - since our stuff all comes together into 1 (no true duals here). so, your ltft bank 2 readings will always be -100, O2 readings for bank 2 will always be 0, etc etc - it's normal, don't be alarmed like I was at first! LOL until I found this info out myself... and you only want to log the O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 - not sensor 2... sensor 1 is the one before the cat and sensor 2 os after cat. Sensor 1 is the one we want to use to get us close at WOT by reading the millivolts it's putting out.

and you don't have to log EVERYTHING - if you do, you'll only get a log of about 6 minutes - and the sampling rate is GREATLY reduced.

anyway, I'm getting carried away - LOL... Once you get into it, I can letcha know what to log and look for, adjust, etc etc.

Have fun!!

-Lew

p.s. - also keep in mind that we don't have any support to be able to modify anything as far as the tranny goes yet, but they are working on it and we will have it as a free downloadable update in the near future.

Here's some general info on the adjustable parameters:

http://diablosport.com/index.php?mod...display&pid=98

Please note, not all parameters are available for all Predator models or vehicles...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-16-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the low down. This is going to date me, but the last engine i even messed with was a 'Reliant' style engine in my '90 Plymouth Laser.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuffaloSS
Well, it's nice to hear good reviews on this unit...seeing as how a few of us should be receiving one over the next few days.

06MonteSS...have you tweaked anything beyond installing the Hi-Po, non-DoD, tune? Have you tried to get your FT's in line with where they should be?
Ha, you must not know Lewis, he is the fuel trim master!

As stated here elsewhere, we do not support the 07s yet, but will be in the future.
06MonteSS is a great source of info as far as using/modifying the tune with the Predator, and he doesn't mind typing like I do, lol!

If any of you guys have any specific questions regarding the Predator or any of its features, let me or Lewis know, and we will get you squared away.

Thanks
Mike
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

I can guarantee i'm having an issue with the K&N, too...can't wait until the Diablo arrives just to be able to get the FT's straightened out.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:58 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

yup - we'll getcha there!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

yup - we'll getcha there!
What does your A/F from the logs show? I think its called equivalency when selecting from the list, but it shows the A/F. My stock had 12.19 as the lowest under WOT. The Diablo PT comes in at 12.39. I'm not sure which way to adjust it. I had the same + trims with my CAI box and have the trims close enough for me.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

correct... the AFR is in the log is shown as Equivalence Ratio / AFR. I like to save the logs out as the excel .csv files - makes it much easier to go through the numbers for everything. Mine generally show 12.36 - 12.54 at WOT with an O2 reading of .8811 to .8854.

Also, that AFR at WOT is really only an "inferred" AFR - meaning that it's what the ECM is expecting and commanding it to be - but it's not necessarily what it really is. The only way to know for sure what it actually is, is to use a wideband.

Since that logged AFR is just a guesstimate on the computers part, and if you don't have a wideband, we can generally go by the stock O2 sensor to get us in the safe ballpark.

You want to see the O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 voltage at WOT, and you want it between .88xx and .90xx - the higher it is, the richer it is - but if you don't have a wideband to dial it in properly, then this will keep it safe so you don't blow up the motor by being too lean when you go WOT.

Also, when you say you have the trims "close enough" - how close is that? Do they go down to and lock at 0 when you're WOT?? They should. If they're positive at WOT, then that means the ECM is adding that much more fuel on TOP of the fuel that the PE table is already dumping in.

If your ltft's ARE at 0 when you go WOT, and you're O2 voltage is not in the previously mentioned range - then you can add or subtract in the PE ranges to get it in there. But, you want to make sure your ltft's are in line during normal cruise and locking at 0 at WOT first, because if not - those will affect the WOT fueling and throw it off.

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-06-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Ha, you must not know Lewis, he is the fuel trim master!

As stated here elsewhere, we do not support the 07s yet, but will be in the future.
06MonteSS is a great source of info as far as using/modifying the tune with the Predator, and he doesn't mind typing like I do, lol!

If any of you guys have any specific questions regarding the Predator or any of its features, let me or Lewis know, and we will get you squared away.

Thanks
Mike
Any idea when the tranny side will be ready for us? I have a laptop and trying to decide between this and HPTuners. Pretty much the same price but with HPTuners you can adjust the tranny side of the house right now. I like your products but I can't justify getting it to wait another 6 months or more to be able to play with the tranny also. I will be getting one or the other in the next month maybe the end of april the latest. I know alot of GXPs on clubgp are about the same way. "Why not buy something thats good to go right now and proven instead of waiting for them to finish with theirs".
Tate
Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

there is currently no ETA on when the tranny support will be available for us to download the update, but I do know from talking with Mike that they ARE working on it right now and will begin testing soon.

Quick Reply: 07 impala SS with dioblo sport?