Strange 12 Bolt 4.88 FULL Spool

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange 12 Bolt 4.88 FULL Spool

This is a Chevelle 12 Bolt, that has all STRANGE stuff! The drum brakes are GM.
T/A Girdle
Strange Full Spool
35 spline axles
Strange 4.88 gear set
Strange 3" lug studs

I picked this up for my Camaro, but I am not going to be using it now, and need it gone!
It is fresh. It has not been ran since it was built by Strange.
I prefer a money order or cashiers check, cause there are no fees.
I will take Paypal, but you have to add 3%.

It is located in Salt Lake City, Utah. I can help with delivery as much as possible. I will help with shipping as well. I will get it on a crate AFTER it is paid for. The buyer can then arrange the shipping, and I will drop it of at the local terminal, or they can pick it up from our shop.

Asking $1450 OBO. REDUCED TO $1350 OBO
Feel free to make offers. As far as trades are considered, I am looking for a FULLY built TH350 or TH400 with a Trans brake. I also need a Stall converter for it.

Thanks guys!

PICTURES:

Last edited by kc-unit; 11-09-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Teching In

It measured .5" SHORTER then a factory 10 bolt out of a 1996 Trans Am. Just so you guys know, the factory rims DO fit the car with this rear!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

will this work for a 98 ss?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firefighting1101
will this work for a 98 ss?
Yes it will. You will have to cut off your suspension mounting brackets, and weld them up to the 12 bolt. You will want to run everything adjustable though. You would want to run adjustable suspension no matter what rear end you have though.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Evening bump.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Teching In

Bump.
Come on, no questions, offers, anything?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

how do you expect to sell this rearend to anyone who owns a torque arm car, it wont work. it will not go into a ltx and lsx car.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ssfast99
how do you expect to sell this rearend to anyone who owns a torque arm car, it wont work. it will not go into a ltx and lsx car.
Wow. I am pretty sure I have seen people back half a 4th gen. Maybe not right?
Maybe someone who is into F-Bodies owns other cars as well? Doing a 4-link set up for their track car.
Come on man. There are a lot of reasons someone on an LS site would be interested in a VERY TOUGH rear end.

I am thinking maybe you need to get into a different hobby for even coming here with that lame *** statement. Sorry you need to have **** explained to you, and don't know anything about custom applications. When is the last time you have seen a Ford 9" in a 4th gen? All the time right? Well they are NOT made for LTx or LSx cars either. CUSTOM applications 4TW.
YOU FTL
Thanks for the bump though.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

wow, you just told a guy it would work in a 98 ss. what you didnt tell him is that he would have to change the whole back half of the car. i have no problem selling that to someone who has an application, but dont tell someone that it will work for his application when it wont. and yes i see 9 inch in 4th gen all the time, however the housing is designed for the 4th gen. it is not a custom setup. the housing is a direct bolt in.

as far as the rear for something like a unibody chevelle or nova, hell yah good deal, bump for that.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ssfast99
wow, you just told a guy it would work in a 98 ss. what you didnt tell him is that he would have to change the whole back half of the car. i have no problem selling that to someone who has an application, but dont tell someone that it will work for his application when it wont. and yes i see 9 inch in 4th gen all the time, however the housing is designed for the 4th gen. it is not a custom setup. the housing is a direct bolt in.

as far as the rear for something like a unibody chevelle or nova, hell yah good deal, bump for that.
Wow. You proved my point. You have never seen a custom rear end put into a car it was not designed for? Ok, then leave this thread.

Maybe you have trouble reading, or comprehending what you read. He asked if it will work in his car. I said yes, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO CUT OFF YOUR REAR SUSPENSION AND WELD IT UP TO THE 12 BOLT AND RUN ADJUSTABLE REAR SUSPENSION.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Bump. Make offers, ask questions.....
Old 11-11-2007, 03:09 AM
Teching In

Bump for the midnight crew
Old 11-11-2007, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kc-unit
Wow. You proved my point. You have never seen a custom rear end put into a car it was not designed for? Ok, then leave this thread.

Maybe you have trouble reading, or comprehending what you read. He asked if it will work in his car. I said yes, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO CUT OFF YOUR REAR SUSPENSION AND WELD IT UP TO THE 12 BOLT AND RUN ADJUSTABLE REAR SUSPENSION.
Fella, go try to scam someone else. its nice how to tried to rearrange what you said. what you actually said is this......

Yes it will. You will have to cut off your suspension mounting brackets, and weld them up to the 12 bolt. You will want to run everything adjustable though. You would want to run adjustable suspension no matter what rear end you have though.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RiskyZ28
Fella, go try to scam someone else. its nice how to tried to rearrange what you said. what you actually said is this......

dont come into any fbody sites trying to sell your **** anymore. ill link this thread to every post you make showing wat a liar and scam you are. not to mention *******
Look F#$K BAG, if you don't like my FU%&ING thread,

I like how you made yourself look like a douche though. I mean you are calling me a liar, and then quote what I said. I said the same thing twice, and that makes me a liar. I posted what the item for sale is. What it is out of. and its actual condition. Where am I being a scam artist and liar?

F U C K you hater.

What the hell is with people on this site? Some of the most custom and bad *** cars I have ever seen are members on this site. And STILL the faggit members are not to sure what the F U C K a CUSTOM application is about?
Get F U C K I N real guys. I understand you are either too poor, or too stupid to build a NICE car with quality parts that will hold together and still put a lot of power to the wheels. Just because something is out of your skill level, and / or price range does not make it a scam, DOUCHE BAG.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

the fact that you told him it would bolt right in if he welded his tabs on there is the lie *******......
you said then after that he will WANT to run an adjustable suspention and then said that like it was no big deal that you should with any rear end.....

you didnt tell him that there is no torque arm provisions or that your rear has drum brakes or even the bigger fact of the person would then have to spend THOUSANDS to have there car fabbed to work with that junk you are trying to sell and spend thousands more buying a 4-link setup and having it installed....

cary your peice of **** *** back you your raggedy *** chevelle forums you lieing peice of ****
Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Teching In

the fact that you told him it would bolt right in if he welded his tabs on there is the lie *******......
Where in the below quote did I say that? If he welded up his own ADJUSTABLE suspension, the rear WILL work.

Yes it will. You will have to cut off your suspension mounting brackets, and weld them up to the 12 bolt.

you said then after that he will WANT to run an adjustable suspention and then said that like it was no big deal that you should with any rear end.....
you didnt tell him that there is no torque arm provisions
Why would you NOT want to run adjustable suspension components on a car that needs a bad *** rear like this one? There is no good way to mount a torque arm to a 12 bolt. It CAN be done, but it is easier (IMO) to run a basic ladder bar and coil over set up. You can run the CME SFCs that have a rear frame rail for coil overs built in for less then $400. That makes installing a custom coil over and ladder bar suspension a walk in the park.

or that your rear has drum brakes
uh, ya I did.
This is a Chevelle 12 Bolt, that has all STRANGE stuff! The drum brakes are GM.
or even the bigger fact of the person would then have to spend THOUSANDS to have there car fabbed to work with that junk you are trying to sell and spend thousands more buying a 4-link setup and having it installed....
I think you have never done this before. I see that you have spent around $25k on a high 11 second car. That tells me you are not very bright, and pay OUT THE *** for go fast goodies. So I can see why you would say THOUSANDS on fabrication work, and THOUSANDS more for a 4 link and installation.

Maybe you should do some research before you start being a douche on public forums. You have no clue what you are talking about.

cary your peice of **** *** back you your raggedy *** chevelle forums you lieing peice of ****
WOW. You are special, aren't you?
Maybe you should learn some spelling and grammar my man. You will be much more successful at being a hard *** if people can understand what you are typing. "back you your raggedy *** Chevelle forums" uh ya, what?
Just don't breed and infect the gene pool.

Maybe I am missing why people are thinking this rear end is the devil. I understand it was not made for a Camaro or a Trans Am. Does that make it a scam to sell it on an LS1 website? I see now that there is a section for LSx parts, and one for NON LSx parts. Maybe that is why everyone is seeing this as a "scam" or that this rear end is a Piece Of Junk?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Free bump for UMCA member!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kc-unit
Where in the below quote did I say that? If he welded up his own ADJUSTABLE suspension, the rear WILL work.

read post number 4 *******.....
and then re-read what you put in quotations in your last post....

as for your next lie of there being no good way to have provisions for a torque arm on a 12 bolt or 9 inch?

uhhhhhhhh you can buy them from strange and moser and several other companies just like you say they dont come.....

as for what i spent on my car? and the times it runs? 11.81 at 119 with 2.73 gears and a 28 inch tire on JUST MOTOR isnt to bad. expecially since the trex works best with 4.56 gears. good gears and spraying it with the 130 shot its tuned for will get it DEEP DEEP into the 10s. and the 25k is including what i paid for the car....

but if my turd is so slow tough guy, come on out and sit beside it for a grand.

if not, then STFU go back and get back under that rock you came from under

Last edited by RiskyZ28; 11-11-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Teching In

BUMP for a good deal on a tough rear end.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident