LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New personal best for my bolt on only LT1!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen you run that night gave me hope for my car. Hopefully soon after I get all my mods we can line em up LOL.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Ok so i tried out the 28x10.50 and they ended up lettin me run it out to the 1/4 and then a decent amount after, but even though i got to run it out i slowed down 2tenths. So i will keep the 26" M/T radials and go with the 1.7's and hopefully that will net me the rpm's i need. But i have been thinkin about giving up on the record though... I dont feel that ill be able to achieve it with only 1.7rr's, EWP, and tune as the only things left i can do. Ive got about another 100-120lbs or so to take out but even with that dont see it happenin. Also can get rid of my khumo front runners and step up to Morosos... Im buying a set of LE1's and should have em by not this friday but the next and lookin for a used CC306 or similar to put on my spare motor. So guess i really need some opinions of what i should do and if you think it will be possible to beat the 11.48, cause if not im just gonna finish up my spare and throw it in...

Originally Posted by rusty2198
I seen you run that night gave me hope for my car. Hopefully soon after I get all my mods we can line em up LOL.
what you got rusty? update your sig so we can see!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not stop you may get that number you need,i also noticed your sig,still on stock tune hmmmmm.......
Springs
1.6 or 1.7 rr
tune
more weight reduction
more suspension mods
go for it dude!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

updated sig. I just got this car a few months ago and the best it could do was a 14.5 with zero traction problems. With the converter, LT's, and catback I can't stop the tires from blowing loose ( DR'S and Gears going in soon) I was just happy as hell with the traction problems I still hit 13's hoping for 12's with the DR's and gears.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Well cant do any more suspension mods cause i dont have traction issues. So basically im gonna have to drop 5 tenths by 1.7s, tune, Ewp, 100lbs weight reduction, and another 20lbs with the morosos??? according to tom cowle the EWP is worth about .08 - .09, .05 - .06 w/1.6's so what .09 - .1 w/ 1.7's?, .08 - .09 for 100lb weight reduction, .03 for moroso FR's?, and maybe .05 to run it out the whole way. So lookin at .33 - .36 which would have to put a tune at droppin me another .17-.14 at a bare minumum. So would need the tune to drop me about 2 tenths to beat it... ???
Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

i was thinkin lighterweight
tubular k member
tubular arms
manual rack
pass. airbag
heat shields

Just because you have no apparent traction issues does not mean you will not benefit from more suspension mods
at any rate good luck, kick some more butt.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:13 AM
TECH Resident

Great times!! love to see an LT1 kick this much ***!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 95z28camaro
But i have been thinkin about giving up on the record though... I dont feel that ill be able to achieve it with only 1.7rr's, EWP, and tune as the only things left i can do. Ive got about another 100-120lbs or so to take out but even with that dont see it happenin. Also can get rid of my khumo front runners and step up to Morosos...
Dude, keep going! There are tons of things left that you can do. Get another tune, de-sensitize the knock sensor, run 93 octane. Ditch those fog lights! Gut that pig! You say you have 120lbs or so to go...I call BS, I could look at your car and see 250+ left to lose, Taubr could look at it and find 350+,lol. Run 2 mufflers right off of the collectors (it usually saves 20-25lbs),

!airbags
!door bars
!speakers (i keep the fronts-gotta have SOME tunes)
!carpet, replace with ozite (dirt cheap mod)
!brace above panhard bar
!seats
!seatbelts
!rear seat brackets
!matt under dash
!PS (loop the lines)
!A/C
!bumper supports
!extra fender material
!ABS
!cruise control module

beg borrow or steal a kirkey or a plastic seat (20lb savings)
get a lightweight battery (20lb savings)

How much do you weigh? I'm assuming your car is easy to drive being an auto. Maybe, just maybe let one of your lighter buddies (one that can drive) take it for a spin.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by joelster
Dude, keep going! There are tons of things left that you can do. Get another tune, de-sensitize the knock sensor, run 93 octane. Ditch those fog lights! Gut that pig! You say you have 120lbs or so to go...I call BS, I could look at your car and see 250+ left to lose, Taubr could look at it and find 350+,lol. Run 2 mufflers right off of the collectors (it usually saves 20-25lbs),

!airbags : gone(except for driver)

!door bars : i ordered lexan windows and on my passenger side cut 35lbs
out of the door and have the window just barely hanging there,
gonna get another 35 out of the driver then maybe 10 for both
lexan windows

!speakers (i keep the fronts-gotta have SOME tunes) : Whole system is gone

!carpet, replace with ozite (dirt cheap mod) : gone
!brace above panhard bar :

!seats : Just the manual driver seat

!seatbelts : driver only

!rear seat brackets : need to be pretty bored one day... lol

!matt under dash : Dash is gutted except for wiring

!PS (loop the lines) : done already

!A/C : Gone

!bumper supports : Gone

!extra fender material : workin on that (thats part of the 120lbs)

!ABS : dont have any extra cash for the delete kit(gonna get the roll control
and delete at the same time)

!cruise control module : gone

beg borrow or steal a kirkey or a plastic seat (20lb savings) : I have an
aluminum kirkey seat but thought you had to have it braced to a roll
cage on the back?)

get a lightweight battery (20lb savings) : dont got the extra cash yet

How much do you weigh? I'm assuming your car is easy to drive being an auto. Maybe, just maybe let one of your lighter buddies (one that can drive) take it for a spin.
Modified your qoute...
I weigh 180, but there isnt anybody really any lighter than me that would be worth it, plus i just really dont like lettin other people race my car... lol

!35lbs for driver door modification
!10lbs for both lexan door windows
!10lbs for t-top hatch area
!15lbs for the front side fender supports
!15lbs for the moroso front runners(not sure if im going to do those...)
!20lbs for cutting the inside of the hood, no hood shocks, and realese mechanisim
!5lbs for frame horns
!i know there was some other little thing just dont remember what...

not really much more can do except for the major metal work...
Old 01-28-2009, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Keep going man...The faster you go and the more people like you running those times the better your making "ancient" LT1's look! I would do what you got to do and see where you land, maybe if its not the record atleast you may be 2nd or 3rd, that would still be pretty cool.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:20 AM
10 Second Club

The ABS delete is like 25 bucks. You just need some specific fittings and some new lines.
The battery option is about 120-150. Those 2 things combined would be about 35-40lbs.

How is that converter you are running?

If you were closer i'd let you borrow both of mine. I have a 4000, and a loose as a goose 5200. I'd bet the 4000 would be worth a tenth easy. The 5200 might be too much, but it couldn't hurt to try.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95z28camaro
Well cant do any more suspension mods cause i dont have traction issues. So basically im gonna have to drop 5 tenths by 1.7s, tune, Ewp, 100lbs weight reduction, and another 20lbs with the morosos??? according to tom cowle the EWP is worth about .08 - .09, .05 - .06 w/1.6's so what .09 - .1 w/ 1.7's?, .08 - .09 for 100lb weight reduction, .03 for moroso FR's?, and maybe .05 to run it out the whole way. So lookin at .33 - .36 which would have to put a tune at droppin me another .17-.14 at a bare minumum. So would need the tune to drop me about 2 tenths to beat it... ???
A tune will let you run up the rpm! That's what you need!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

I have a 52mm t-body on my car I will let you borrow I see in your sig you have a airfoil (that gives me the feeling your running a 48mm) Maybe a little more air will help out. Let me know when your going back out and I can meet you there and we can swap them over I done the TB bypass so it will be a easy swap.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Also I just got a bottle and some 100 hp jets hey its just a bolt on should still be legal lol
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the offer joelster, ive already got the circle D 4000 stalll though so should be plenty for a stock motor like ya said. So... for 25bucks i may just go ahead and do the abs delete. know of any links to a write up on this by chance?

I need to do some work on the front brakes like tomcowle said, hopefully that will help out.

And ya im still on the 48mm TB lol but thats gonna be one of the last things i do probably cause for a stock motor shouldnt make to much a difference(even if it does would rather put the money in other places first). But thank you for the offer rusty, just see how close i can get to it then decide on what to do next from that point... And haha no dont think they will let a nos shot pass as a bolt on... lol

I may be puttin my car on the dyno this sat. a local speed shop is havin a dyno day 2 passes for 50 bucks. so ill get a before and after for the EWP, 1.7rr's and tune.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

im happy ur still going for the record... the rumor is that jon "1slowformula" is taking his car in another direction.... so hes done going for the record... im still going for it but im far off and everyday i get closer to thinking its impossible to attain... but i still got a lot of work to do... i mean u hit the 11sec mark! thats cool lol... u must be in the top 5 or 6 fastest bolton LT1's ever... so thats cool too... goodluck with ur car i hope u do well! im hoping for a 11 sec pass within the next two years... what suspension mods do u have done? just lca's???
Old 01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Just so all of you "going for the record guys" know, noone has yet built an all-out racecar with an LT1 in it. There are several LS1's built like that and their records show. A different direction for your build would be to pick up a totally empty (and I mean totally!) shell, and simply put the absolute least amount of stuff into it to get it to move. Motor, tranny, wiring, 5 gal fuel cell, 1 seat.

Could you imagine starting with an empty shell, popping it on a rotisierre and blasting all of the undercoating and grime off of the bottom. Then just adding what you need, instead of starting with a full-weight car and trying to cut out little bits and pieces of it.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
im happy ur still going for the record... the rumor is that jon "1slowformula" is taking his car in another direction.... so hes done going for the record... im still going for it but im far off and everyday i get closer to thinking its impossible to attain... but i still got a lot of work to do... i mean u hit the 11sec mark! thats cool lol... u must be in the top 5 or 6 fastest bolton LT1's ever... so thats cool too... goodluck with ur car i hope u do well! im hoping for a 11 sec pass within the next two years... what suspension mods do u have done? just lca's???
Well thats nice to know! And trust me thats how i feel to, especially with my very very limited budget! Part time job, trying to go to college, and trying to have a full time devotion to racing dont go to well together! lol But yeah lca's and sfc's are it for now. Gonna get a panhard rod, lca relo bracket, then after i do all the the other work ive mentioned ill look in to some QA1's, and maybe the tunnel mount torque arm... Thanks, the more motivation yall give the better the record looks and makes me want it so bad!!! What all is done to yours? got a link to some pics and details of it?

Joelster:

You know whats so bad... i had an extra 94 camaro z28 that i had just sold off not to long ago, my plan was to sell my car and buy a little beater truck and do what you mentioned to the other 94 but when an 18 wheeler had a blow out right in front of me and messed up the front of my car i couldnt afford to get it fixed(custom paint and allmost all the lights) so just got rid of the other 94 and destroyed even more my what use to be imperfection free 95
But trust me there is lots of ideas runnin through my mind to cut up on this car but i want to wait till i get a cage cause im worried about structural stiffness. ive also got an idea planned out to convert to a tubular front end and still using stock body paneling. I also need a welder to do alot of this stuff also like coverin up the rear area when i do the complete trunk delete thing.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

umm i got no real link got a few pics here and there but none all together i should really get on that tho... mods run down like this...

moroso cai
1LE elbow
CPT Pro Race 4L60E
SS3600
prostars w/ 275/50/15 radials
pacesetter longtubes with x-pipe + Bullets dumped
!rear seats
!cruise
!swaybar
stripped trunk of carpet and panels (kept speaker)
madz28 tune
BONE STOCK SUSPENSION
STOCK REAR END (3.23's)

race weight came in right around 3360lbs

mods for next season are:

!front bumper support
!passenger seat
lightweight battery
VFN sunoco pin on hood
LCA's
relo brackets
SFC's
and at the end of the season ima try running her with open headers (weight reduction)

im hoping for a 12.2x, 1.65 60ft, 3200lbs raceweight by the end of next season

its got a long way to go... but for what it is it runs good... it looks like i should of went with a 4000 stall after all, its just my car is still a summer DD so i went with the more moderate 3600... looks like it works really good for u in ur 60ft tho

btw a race between us 2 at the shootout would be saweet! (if i can get my *** out there)
Old 01-30-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

You need to check fuel pressure and your pump/filter, injectors and have some dyno tuning b/c it looks like it's running out of fuel but just check the fuel system thouroughly. later

Quick Reply: New personal best for my bolt on only LT1!