LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ok screw the bolt on's im picking up the cc306 today

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 281 Likes on 214 Posts

Cobra's are Dyno Queens just like the Supra's..it's been proven many times.

The Cobra's have a nice Engine setup from the Factory, but then again I would hope so considering the price you pay for one.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv

The Cobra's have a nice Engine setup from the Factory, but then again I would hope so considering the price you pay for one.
:O
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly.... how do you consider a cobra a dyno queen?

Take smackeds cobra, the guy talking in this thread.

His car is heavy... it weighs 3650 stock, without him in it. It went 11.7 @ 118 MPH , full weight, full street trim with nothing more than a pulley swap.

What all has to be done to an LT1 (lighter car I might add) to get it in the 118 mph range?

And before you say all cobras are dynoqueens, we have F8LSnake here in Georgia. With 512 RWHP , in full street trim his car went 10.3 @ 133 mph on the STOCK blower.
Dyno queen... my ***.

And the price... they are no more expensive than a decent used, c5 Vette at this point... and much faster to boot. We just had a thread on a local forum in which we watched a few nice, low mileage 03-04 Cobras sell for the 14-18k range. WELL worth it.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThoR294
:O

It's all good love.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ThoR294
I fail to see your point. how do you know whats in this car? did you wave your magic wand at it and figured out whats in it?

Like i said before. Mustangs went downhill when they ditched the 302. the new GTs are finally at the same level as a good running stock LT1. took them 10+ years
Somehow, I doubt straightline acceleration was the only thing on Fords to do list.

If you want to keep being ignorant... then have at it. You can be ignorant and slow as long as you like. Hell, it's a free country.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Here is my question for you Thacker..why are we comparing a general run-of-the-mill N/A car to a decently factory setup FI Car..ontop of that the LTX is a few years older than the Terminators.

The Cobras were built to run with the Corvettes, so they should be compared along them lines IMO..the Mach 1's are a drivers race with a LS1, and the GT's get spanked by the LT1's. The newer 3-Valve models are performing nicely for what they are, but the fact remains that they are all N/A..not FI like the Terminators.

The older Ford Push-Rod Engines were the ones that were worth a **** IMO.. these newer Modular ones need some kind of help(Blower, Turbo) to hang with the N/A LS1's.

Why dont you buy a Ford since you are hangin off of the nuts of them quite frequently..
Old 04-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Banned

Here is my question for you Thacker..why are we comparing a general run-of-the-mill N/A car to a decently factory setup FI Car..ontop of that the LTX is a few years older than the Terminators.

The Cobras were built to run with the Corvettes, so they should be compared along them lines IMO..the Mach 1's are a drivers race with a LS1, and the GT's get spanked by the LT1's. The newer 3-Valve models are performing nicely for what they are, but the fact remains that they are all N/A..not FI like the Terminators.
I am not the one comparing them. It's the LT1 guys in this forum that are gettin butthurt, and saying "take the blower off the car and see what happens" or "that car wouldn't run **** without the blower"

I never understood the chip on the shoulder NA guys mad at the Cobras because they performed well,and were so cheap and easy to mod.

Take for instance your built, stroker motor car. My cam only LS1 makes much less power, but would drag it all over the road. Does that make my car a much better car than yours? No, it just means in one particular category my car dominates yours. It happens. MY point is this... you say the Cobras were expensive... but you get Corvette performance, in a 4 seater car with literally unlimited potential for very little money. How you can't say an 03-04 Cobra is the VERY best bang for the buck in a used sports car... is beyond me.

I am not hanging off their nuts, but I am very experienced in the game and I am not too blind to see the value in the Cobras and why people love them. I looked at them heavily before I bought my 05 GTO to go along with my camaro, but the GTO was more refined, albeit slower... and I wanted something more comfortable for daily driving.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ThackerReturns
I am not the one comparing them. It's the LT1 guys in this forum that are gettin butthurt, and saying "take the blower off the car and see what happens" or "that car wouldn't run **** without the blower"

I never understood the chip on the shoulder NA guys mad at the Cobras because they performed well,and were so cheap and easy to mod.

Take for instance your built, stroker motor car. My cam only LS1 makes much less power, but would drag it all over the road. Does that make my car a much better car than yours? No, it just means in one particular category my car dominates yours. It happens. MY point is this... you say the Cobras were expensive... but you get Corvette performance, in a 4 seater car with literally unlimited potential for very little money. How you can't say an 03-04 Cobra is the VERY best bang for the buck in a used sports car... is beyond me.

I am not hanging off their nuts, but I am very experienced in the game and I am not too blind to see the value in the Cobras and why people love them. I looked at them heavily before I bought my 05 GTO to go along with my camaro, but the GTO was more refined, albeit slower... and I wanted something more comfortable for daily driving.
WTF.... thats not fair.. comparing 1986 vettes to 03/04 cobras.....

LMAO JK dnt get butt hurt... when ever yall are in waco i got a little LT1 that will give you a run for your money
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Actually, it would run like ****, I've seen it done and the car was a dog..I was pretty much like .
The N/A '99 Cobra that was at the shop with it was stock and out-ran it. When they took the Blower off that thing ran so bad it wasn't even funny, no other way to say it.

Take for instance your built, stroker motor car. My cam only LS1 makes much less power, but would drag it all over the road. Does that make my car a much better car than yours? No, it just means in one particular category my car dominates yours.
That category would be Traction..mine with the more power would blow the tires off..on the Track with my Radials would be a different story. Then again I could change out the Gears aswell. There are many different factors.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned

Actually, it would run like ****, I've seen it done and the car was a dog..I was pretty much like .
The N/A '99 Cobra that was at the shop with it was stock and out-ran it. When they took the Blower off that thing ran so bad it wasn't even funny, no other way to say it.

That category would be Traction..mine with the more power would blow the tires off..on the Track with my Radials would be a different story. Then again I could change out the Gears aswell. There are many different factors.
LOL. They took the blower off and left the stock tune? That makes a lot of sense right?

I mean... do you guys even think before you speak? Ofcourse a factory blown car is going to run like *** if you take thte blower off and stick some random intake and MAF setup on the car without a full retune.....
Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

No, it was tuned for a N/A setup.. I wouldn't have said anything if it wasn't tuned. It was an experiment that they were doing.

Do you think before you speak??? Apparently not.

Lets not let all this get out of hand and bring up some of them wonderful threads in the southern section from a few months ago where your mouth got your *** beat and you were humiliated cause of the things that you were called out on and you couldn't back up.

They were some great reads to kill some time in Iraq.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

Anyways..lets all mature up about this and get back on topic.

Originally Posted by 305 h.o.
I decided to just put a cam in the car so Im buying the cc306 cam today from summit. What hp gains should I see and also can I run stock valve springs with this cam? Some *** in a bolt on 04 cobra keeps talking junk and I saw him get owned by an F250 last week.
I think you are going to need more than that to mess with that Cobra..I would start with bolt-ons first, but that's just me. Without them you are choking the Cam. As far as the Cam goes, I would go bigger aswell.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

I vote to ban ThackerReturns 12 whole post of running his mouth about nothing.

Are you serious man, sure the cobras are a badass car, my buddy is getting 1 next year, but 700+rwhp on a stock bottom end is just asking for some trouble. Sure you can do it, but its probably not going to last long.

I'm not going to get into this big debate because it has nothing to really do with anything. A few guys arguing with eachother on the internet........wow I'm impressed
Old 04-14-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

So many more things to be looking at.. Full bolt-on's... Power is worthless without traction, so suspension and tires next... Suspension on a T-56 w/ ~350whp kills 10-bolts.. so rear-end... umm modding cars costs a lot of money if you want to do it right the first time

Hold off on the cam and do the ideal stuff first
Old 04-14-2009, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
I vote to ban ThackerReturns 12 whole post of running his mouth about nothing.

Are you serious man, sure the cobras are a badass car, my buddy is getting 1 next year, but 700+rwhp on a stock bottom end is just asking for some trouble. Sure you can do it, but its probably not going to last long.

I'm not going to get into this big debate because it has nothing to really do with anything. A few guys arguing with eachother on the internet........wow I'm impressed
all in favor say i.... "I"!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mj114679
LOL
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Lightbulb

O btw i fell outta my chair laughing when i saw the posts title.... thats like saying **** a drive shaft i am great at building things with tooth picks.... and maybe if i get enough glue on my "custom driveshaft" it will hold 2000 HP!!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mj114679
It wouldn't be the first time.. hence his screen name..lol
Old 04-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Banned

"Lets ban the man that realizes a Cobra is a far superior machine to a LT1"
Old 04-14-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Addict

"Lets ban the man that realizes a Cobra is a far superior machine to a LT1"
I don't believe I was arguing that point. I was just saying that theres no point in your arguement other than you like showing how big your ego is on the internet.

But if you wanna grow up and share some useful info I think it would be great, but if not I vote BAN!!!

O btw i fell outta my chair laughing when i saw the posts title.... thats like saying **** a drive shaft i am great at building things with tooth picks.... and maybe if i get enough glue on my "custom driveshaft" it will hold 2000 HP!!!!
HAHAHAHA well mabye not quite that bad, but close I think I might have to put that quote in my sig LOL

Quick Reply: Ok screw the bolt on's im picking up the cc306 today