LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ASR off/ABS INOP lights stuck on after removing traction control.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ASR off/ABS INOP lights stuck on after removing traction control.

Well I removed my traction control and now the "ASR off" light and "ABS INOP" lights are both stuck on. I could see the ASR one sticking on but why would the ABS light come on? As far as I know I didn't screw with the ABS at all?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nighthawk15
Well I removed my traction control and now the "ASR off" light and "ABS INOP" lights are both stuck on. I could see the ASR one sticking on but why would the ABS light come on? As far as I know I didn't screw with the ABS at all?
My "abs INOP" light has been on ever since I changed my opti I don't know why it came on either. If I were you i'd just pull the bulbs.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Launching!

The traction control system works with the ABS, so if you loose traction it de-throttles the engine and can modulate brake pressure at the same time (in case you are sliding and the driver hits the brakes), so if you disable traction control it causes an ABS fault also.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Check the ground post on the passenger side. I did the same thing, deleted the TCS and used a regular cable, had the whole dash lit up, turned out to be a bad ground on that stud. Now ASR off is the only light on...
Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LaVy
My "abs INOP" light has been on ever since I changed my opti I don't know why it came on either. If I were you i'd just pull the bulbs.
Yeah I'm gonna be doing that when I put my new gauges in, at least the ASR light anyway.

Originally Posted by Rocky70304
The traction control system works with the ABS, so if you loose traction it de-throttles the engine and can modulate brake pressure at the same time (in case you are sliding and the driver hits the brakes), so if you disable traction control it causes an ABS fault also.
Yeah I understand that they work together, but I'm trying to think of why the ABS wouldn't work without it? It's not a different ABS system than the non-ASR/TCS cars came with is it? Or by a fault to you mean the computer just thinks its not working?

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Check the ground post on the passenger side. I did the same thing, deleted the TCS and used a regular cable, had the whole dash lit up, turned out to be a bad ground on that stud. Now ASR off is the only light on...
Will do. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:18 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

i relocated my traction control module, and now my car is doing the same thing?

i can't figure it out either.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
where is the ground you speak of? under the dash, or under the hood?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

On the passenger side, main ground post, the Airbag/ABS grounds are under the other ones, so you may think you tightened it well but the bottom nut is loose.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

****, the guy that i bought my car off of told me that it was cause of an obd1 conversion... which im not sure if thats 100% true...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ASR off/ABS INOP lights stuck on after removing traction control.