LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tony - 2010 LTX Shootout?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also for more Hotel's here is the page on Cordova's site about the closest ones. The ones in Leclaire (Have to cross into Iowa) currently take a while to get to and from because of Interstate 80's bridge being closed but that should be open by next season for sure... So there is around 3-4 hotels within 15-20mins of the track. I'd be willing to check into group discounts and parking situations and all that also.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
Yes that is Cordova, That looks like a little out dated, since that pic they have added some more black top allowin for a good 10 to maybe 15 more truck and trailer set ups. I'm preety sure there is enough paved area for around maybe 30-40 truck and trailer set ups all being on paved area. I could be wrong but i think that is a preety good guess. Along with more than enough area that has paved roads going right along where a trailer. The track is big enough to host the World Series of Drag Racing every year which i think is a bigger event than this, just to give some comparison.

As far as the long drive for the TX crew it would be around 16-17 compared to 10-12ish.

For the Major cities, Moline is about 20-25 mins and there is Hotels there, and There is a Comfort Inn & Suites 15 mins from the track in Fulton, IL. Also camping is always allowed which i have done many times before with no problems at all.
Thanks for the info. How does Cordova currently compare to KCIR?

As far as the drive time is concerned, 16-17 is straight through not including stops for gas, food, etc which is why I said ~20. We'll also have to spend two days on the road each way.

You won't catch me camping especially if my wife is with me.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

camping sounds fun we can make s'mores and tell ghost stories near a fire
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Formula383
Thanks for the info. How does Cordova currently compare to KCIR?

As far as the drive time is concerned, 16-17 is straight through not including stops for gas, food, etc which is why I said ~20. We'll also have to spend two days on the road each way.

You won't catch me camping especially if my wife is with me.
Well i have never personally been to KCIR so i can't really give my opinion there. Maybe you could let me know what all KCIR has to offer and i can compare that to Cordova?

Ya i understand the ~20 hours with gas and food stops and such but i'm just going off the comparisions so it would be around 5-6 hours longer of a drive comparing to KCIR. But Like mentioned above it does seem to be more centralized as far as people coming from the south and east, not sure about who if anyone coming from the west.

Just threw the camping out there for racers on a budget, that is avaliable and it all free.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Camping is fun. I used to do that at Haydays racing grassdrags on sleds.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

A campout would definitely be fun! Whats their rules on travel trailers. Maybe I could bring up my dad's 27' Jayco Jayflight trailer. VIP party room! lol jk
Old 08-12-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've camped in a camper there and plenty of the racers use their campers to pull their trailers and sleep in them. Camping is fine all around from what i know. I've camped in tents and campers on friday night after test n tunes and midnight mayhem street drags...
Old 08-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28rob18
camping sounds fun we can make s'mores and tell ghost stories near a fire
LMAO...I will bring the boxed wine to pass around
Old 08-12-2009, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2XR95Z28
Well i have never personally been to KCIR so i can't really give my opinion there. Maybe you could let me know what all KCIR has to offer and i can compare that to Cordova?

Ya i understand the ~20 hours with gas and food stops and such but i'm just going off the comparisions so it would be around 5-6 hours longer of a drive comparing to KCIR. But Like mentioned above it does seem to be more centralized as far as people coming from the south and east, not sure about who if anyone coming from the west.

Just threw the camping out there for racers on a budget, that is avaliable and it all free.
Sorry I thought you had been there.

We'll take a look at the tracks and see where we think we can get some good turnout and evaluate the costs. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Kyle
Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

everyone should camp itd be lik a big ltx family event lol i want slurpees for the camp fire
Old 08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula383
Sorry I thought you had been there.

We'll take a look at the tracks and see where we think we can get some good turnout and evaluate the costs. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Kyle
Cordova seems to be somewhat newer than KCIR The pits are nicer than KCIR.The track itself is MUCH better than KCIR There is more paved pits than at KCIR, The staff are some of the nicest people I have ever met . I wont push any track as the next location for the LTX Shootout just because I dont like to hear people always want it in their own backyard, it will be wherever the staff picks. But track to track I think Cordova OWNS KCIR.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GIZMO
What class did you run at the Shootout? Where else do you race?
My car didn't make it to KC but it is ran bracket all the time here in Dallas. You don't get more than an hour between rounds.

Originally Posted by Tapout911
Go to an NMCA race. You have upward of 2 hours between rounds. Ive changed trannys in between rounds before. Ive seen piston changes between rounds. Time is good.
You're also talking about a limited number of cars over multiple days. We are inviting people from all over the country to compete in basically open classes. You have to qualify and race in the same 8 hour period. If you want more time... you're going to need to put together more money and get a track that has 2 open days in a row.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Very true but you also have to factor in about an hour or more to tech in cars and that is on the clock.
I know that it is hard to get people to work on your time schedule so maybe having cars prepared to enter the track with tech cards in hand the night before. There has to be a way to streamline the process.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28rob18
everyone should camp itd be lik a big ltx family event lol i want slurpees for the camp fire
How bout MRE's

-Dustin-
Old 08-12-2009, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z
I know that it is hard to get people to work on your time schedule so maybe having cars prepared to enter the track with tech cards in hand the night before. There has to be a way to streamline the process.
We simply do not have the financial backing for a 2 day race. Until we get more participation, I just don't see multiple days as a viable option.

My car didn't make it to KC but it is ran bracket all the time here in Dallas. You don't get more than an hour between rounds.
Are you running brackets in some event or part of a series or just on the weekends? Dallas did a pretty good job with the ProMods a few weekends ago but there were only about 10-12 cars. It will take more than 1 hour just to run 1 round for each class. There were 7 classes this year and that means each round would have to finish in less than 10 minutes? Not gonna happen.

Typically the tracks will already have some event in progress the night before. They are not going to have extra staff available to tech in cars for the next day's race and I can pretty much guarantee that they will not turn over the tech procedure to our staff either.

The bottom line is that we need a track that will give us a full day rental. It's going to take well over 100 cars for our event to push more than a day. As of yet, neither 2008 or 2009 participation numbers have even come close.

Last edited by Formula383; 08-12-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not asking for more time than I had this year. You started this whole thing by suggesting that it could be run in 4-6 hours. I am telling you that there is no way that I can tech-in and make six passes in less time than we had this year. Heads-up and bracket racing are two different animals. I used 14 bags of ice to get my junk to run at KS!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

GIZMO I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the shootout I was running the same class as you but 11.1 was not enough to get out of the first round. I'm curious who's converter you running and what size ? your car leaves hard.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Its his crazy gearing. I believe its a 4.88.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Its his crazy gearing. I believe its a 4.88.
Light car plus 4.88 gears big stall ? ya I can see it leaving hard like that.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GIZMO
I am not asking for more time than I had this year. You started this whole thing by suggesting that it could be run in 4-6 hours. I am telling you that there is no way that I can tech-in and make six passes in less time than we had this year. Heads-up and bracket racing are two different animals. I used 14 bags of ice to get my junk to run at KS!
I just think there was a lot of wasted time. Why did you make 6 passes? I didn't realize we had that many cars in the brackets we had setup. I think I saw Tony run 4 times TOPS.

Quick Reply: Tony - 2010 LTX Shootout?