LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much is my engine worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

It's never ending..lol

PAGE 11!!!!11!!1

Last edited by the_merv; 09-04-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
You don't understand bro.. LS1's are hitting 10.50's with boltons and cam only..still stock heads & bottom end..no need to be stroked with big heads.

They may be out there but I have never seen one at my home town track some in the 11's but I have never seen one do a 10.5 with my own eye's, but I hear about them all the time on this forum kinda like leprechaun's & unicorn's

I still haven't got mine to the track yet so the new numbers will be alot different. Honestly I don't see why numbers from an engine that no longer exists should matter..
I guess sometimes people have to defend thier own ignorance..
Dude you need to just drop it. Basically all you've posted about your car has been , if - when's and gonna's. Right now Dave's car will shut yours down. Bottom line, no if why or how. It don't matter what you car's gonna do it's what it DOES and your's ain't doin it, so zip it. you have already made enuff tech ignorant comment's already so don't dig the hole any deeper. The solid roller in my engine is well into the 290's that's a big cam. As far as engine's that don't exist anymore. Come on down to my track and I will show you some country boy's with gen1 sbc's that will stomp new gen stuff..
Old 09-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
LMAO, I get a kick out of all this, really I do.

So skip, you gotta SPRAY to run 10.50? Or do you have a 4 cyl going that quick.

As far as a $100,000 LS9 trapping 5 more MPH than me...that gives me a warm fuzzy. What did it ET 11.40?
What difference does it make how I run 10.50's? And what difference does it make whether it's a 4 cyl or a SC V6 or a stroked LT1? You amuse me David.

Last edited by Michigan Skip; 09-04-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Launching!

This thread is complete garbage. Both are good engines for crying out loud.
This thread is as gay as the "which spark plugs should i use" threads
Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Relax bro we are all just discussing..

It was me that said "Cam only".

Here you can see the H/C only record holder..

And that's also a F*ing gutted race car that's probaly never seen the street. Talk about apples and oranges. Car probaly has enuff rear gear and convertor stall, to divide equally between 3 street cars.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Since when did this outbreak of 'small ***** syndrome' occur upon the LT1 crowd heh? Seriously guys why have I been seeing so much Anti-LSX posted in the LT1 forum lately? What prompted this all of the sudden? Do you feel as if you aren't getting the credit you deserve? I've owned 7 LTX-powered vehicles including a '96 Base Corvette RPOLT4, several Camaro's and a couple 'Birds and back in my day us guys didn't whine when the LS1 came around. We gave credit where credit was due and kept going. We never suffered from low self esteem. We had enough confidence in our LT1/4 cars to feel we could hold our own. Search the LSX section any day at any time and you will see that it's not the LSX guys that talk down about you. Most of us LSX drivers/racers (including myself) have owned atleast one LTX powered vehicle before our LS car. You need to focus more of your attention on other car guys that swear the LT1 is a slow POS and has no potential whatsoever. Just browse the internet and you'll hear those accusation very quickly. Any knowledgable LSX guy knows the LT1 can be built to run. I just don't see any LS guys cracking on you, that's why I am wondering where the animosity is stemming from. Talk about civil war - lol, it's really pointless and pathetic.

Now back on topic. How much is this motor really worth?
I have to disagree with you on this one, I'm netural about LSx/LTx crap to me a fast car is a fast car. But all the SH*T slinging that has been going on is always coming from someone with a LSx car or LSx swap. Just like in this thread MERV(LSx swap) was the first person to talk SH*T about David's car up until that point everyone else had been discussing value of said engine and how it sux's to try and get a return on speed part's..
Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Michigan Skip
Fuel injection (of the kind you have on your "street engine") on an LT1 block W/ reverse cooling, an optispark ingnition, and a 4L60E is not 50 year old technology sunshine. Dual Quads and Tunnel Ram intakes. that's old school
FYI 1racerdude rocks!
What about his fuel injection make's his any diffrent from factory. Fuel injection is fuel injection...

23* heads are 23* heads same as the old school SBC

4L60E ..From a drag racing POV I'd rather go old school with TH350

And how many DD Street cars have anyone ever seen with Dual Quads and Tunnel Ram intakes????
Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Launching!

It's never ending..lol

PAGE 11!!!!11!!1
What do you make of this....?
David, How about next spring when I am down that way visiting kinfolk, that you and I run a little heads up race.? Your 10.50 car against my 10.50 truck?
As long as its all motor and a street truck, no problem.

What difference does it make what I run? They both ET the same.

LMAO, I get a kick out of all this, really I do.

So skip, you gotta SPRAY to run 10.50? Or do you have a 4 cyl going that quick.
What difference does it make how I run 10.50's? And what difference does it make whether it's a 4 cyl or a SC V6 or a stroked LT1? You amuse me David.

Sounds to me like I'll just be visiting kinfolk next spring
Old 09-04-2009, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Back then we weren't real concerned about gas mileage, beaching, t-topping, interstate motoring at 75mph. and no Arguing over "street car" "race car" bs like today. Back then, we would/could run stop light to stop light all thru town all night long and sometimes for as much as 1K a run. Old School FTW Ask my friend 1racerdude, he'll tell ya.
Forgot to mention that
[/COLOR]
I know alot of people from back in that day (60's) and most of the car's E.T's were about 13 seconds. Hell the damn nitro dragsters were only getting in the low 9's

[COLOR="Red"]Oh, BTW, I was running 10.50's when David was pooping green.
And I'm sure you trailered it to the track to.. And if you were doing that in the 1960's with a street driven car, you sir should be a king ..

Last edited by Whyrun; 09-04-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you make of this....?

Sounds to me like I'll just be visiting kinfolk next spring

Well well now its a secret I see, the run will take place on the street. Problem with that? I see you wont have a problem if I decide to put spray back on mine?? I wont tell you though, doesnt matter right?

And FYI skip, incase you missed it, I drove 60 miles to the track, made 4 passes, pulled the tops out cruised the beach and drove 60 miles home.....streetcar baby.

Last edited by FASTFATBOY; 09-04-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

David, How about next spring when I am down that way visiting kinfolk, that you and I run a little heads up race.? Your 10.50 car against my 10.50 truck?

Your tripping the same 10.5 ET now, that you were running back in the
1960's when we were all Crapping green ,HUH still haven't gotten any faster in all these year's

Last edited by Whyrun; 09-04-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Whyrun
Your tripping the same 10.5 ET now, that you were running back in the
1960's when we were all Crapping grenn ,HUH still haven't gotten any faster in all these year's
grenn? what's that mean?

Where did I say it was the same truck I ran in the 60's? Show me where I said that I'm getting old and can't for the life of me remember saying that. Please refresh my feeble memory O-Wise_One. Preferably a "Quote" if you don't mind,

Does your teacher know you're surfing the web instead of studying? Looks like you need to spend more time learning to spell.

Last edited by Michigan Skip; 09-04-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Michigan Skip
you can stop by Bristol TN on your way down south And I'll find you a car to run. Just bring a good stack of green with you and you can pick whatever as long as it's heads up no lengths no hit..
Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Michigan Skip
you can stop by Bristol TN on your way down south And I'll find you a car to run. Just bring a good stack of green with you and you can pick whatever as long as it's heads up no lengths no hit..
Ha,, you gotta find me a car to run???
I'll wait for your "fast strip car" to be done. And I'll remember to bring the green, Me and you..... heads up, no lengths, no hit.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Michigan Skip;12174544]Ha,, you gotta find me a car to run???
I'll wait for your "fast strip car" to be done. And I'll remember to bring the green, Me and you..... heads up, no lengths, no hit.[/QUOTE

If you want to run just bring your car and let me know when you will be in town. I'll be there with a car doesn't matter if my ride's back on all four's by then or not.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

grenn? what's that mean?

Where did I say it was the same truck I ran in the 60's? Show me where I said that I'm getting old and can't for the life of me remember saying that. Please refresh my feeble memory O-Wise_One. Preferably a "Quote" if you don't mind,

Does your teacher know you're surfing the web instead of studying? Looks like you need to spend more time learning to spell.
I didn't say the same truck, I said the same ET. you stated you were running 10.5's back in the day and you just said the truck you have now is running 10.5's. It would lead any pruident person with common sense to know that drag racing is a contest of speed, which means your always trying to improve and looks like after 40years your still running 10.5's not much improvement there.

WOW! 1 spelling typo, good eye there Sherlock.. At least you have a quick eye for spelling error's. How quick were you with that back in the 1960's before the internet made those 14sec cars you guy's drove into 10.5 cars in 2009
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Damn talk about bench racing..
Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Bla Bla Bla,

Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

I guess sometimes people have to defend thier own ignorance..
Touché there sir.. I think that you should get your facts straight on who says what before you quote someone and spew another paragraph of worthless garbage.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

who give's a crap what half you numb nuts think. I get pissed when someone who has a really put together car that runs out well, try's to post something and all you mis- informed knuckle draggers fall out of the wood work... I'm done with this one. Except for Michigan man When you come down south remember Bristol Tn. Plenty of cars down here no need to call someone out in MS.

Quick Reply: How much is my engine worth?