LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much is my engine worth?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
When a quick LT1 comes about all the LS guys bring out there RACE car cannons and beat their chests. Nothing new here.

I honestly don't think anyone is even slightly worried about a quick LT1. As the previous owner of several LT-based cars I give lots of respect, but I seriously doubt LSX guys are beating their chest, let alone even paying attention to what you guys are doing. I'd be more concerned about a car like Tony Shepard's, a car that could give a lot of LSX's around my parts a good run! 10.5's @ 125 wouldn't get you too far down here. My production-stock car trapped 5mph faster than that off the showroom and it doesn't even feel too fast to me anymore. I need more! LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Wow, this thread was painful. However, it can't be said that a car is the worst investment ever. Simply look at the return on investment for your average mutual fund, or even real-estate. While cars and parts depreciate quickly, at least you could have some fun with it. Where as losing money in the market is never fun, and only helps commission based investment salesmen. Spend it on the car... at least you will be happy.

Cant possibly driven or run from a roll on because it is setup for drag racing(tell that to the 4 600cc sportbikes I have cracked from 30 roll ons LOL)
You really need to get a camera mounted in that car. Imagine how cool the video would be. I am sure we could find a modern EFI 600cc guy to agree to race your "old & slow LT-1" from one of the many sport bike forums. A 30 mph rolling start….they would never see it coming
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Since when did this outbreak of 'small ***** syndrome' occur upon the LT1 crowd heh? Seriously guys why have I been seeing so much Anti-LSX posted in the LT1 forum lately? What prompted this all of the sudden? Do you feel as if you aren't getting the credit you deserve? I've owned 7 LTX-powered vehicles including a '96 Base Corvette RPOLT4, several Camaro's and a couple 'Birds and back in my day us guys didn't whine when the LS1 came around. We gave credit where credit was due and kept going. We never suffered from low self esteem. We had enough confidence in our LT1/4 cars to feel we could hold our own. Search the LSX section any day at any time and you will see that it's not the LSX guys that talk down about you. Most of us LSX drivers/racers (including myself) have owned atleast one LTX powered vehicle before our LS car. You need to focus more of your attention on other car guys that swear the LT1 is a slow POS and has no potential whatsoever. Just browse the internet and you'll hear those accusation very quickly. Any knowledgable LSX guy knows the LT1 can be built to run. I just don't see any LS guys cracking on you, that's why I am wondering where the animosity is stemming from. Talk about civil war - lol, it's really pointless and pathetic.

Now back on topic. How much is this motor really worth?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Demon 383
Since when did this outbreak of 'small ***** syndrome' occur upon the LT1 crowd heh? Seriously guys why have I been seeing so much Anti-LSX posted in the LT1 forum lately? What prompted this all of the sudden? Do you feel as if you aren't getting the credit you deserve? I've owned 7 LTX-powered vehicles including a '96 Base Corvette RPOLT4, several Camaro's and a couple 'Birds and back in my day us guys didn't whine when the LS1 came around. We gave credit where credit was due and kept going. We never suffered from low self esteem. We had enough confidence in our LT1/4 cars to feel we could hold our own. Search the LSX section any day at any time and you will see that it's not the LSX guys that talk down about you. Most of us LSX drivers/racers (including myself) have owned atleast one LTX powered vehicle before our LS car. You need to focus more of your attention on other car guys that swear the LT1 is a slow POS and has no potential whatsoever. Just browse the internet and you'll hear those accusation very quickly. Any knowledgable LSX guy knows the LT1 can be built to run. I just don't see any LS guys cracking on you, that's why I am wondering where the animosity is stemming from. Talk about civil war - lol, it's really pointless and pathetic.

Now back on topic. How much is this motor really worth?
this is all you had to say
Old 09-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_merv
I've never said that crap..it kinda irrates me too.

I'm not downing the LT1 platform at all, I just think that one individual needs to lighten up a little bit and pull his nose out of the clouds.
nah man u didnt say it, some dumbass came in here with "LS1 built by the hands of god..." thats the most retarted phrase I think I have ever heard...

but we all have our points in here, and we should all just respect each others cars, Like it doesn't matter whether I like my buddys 12 sec WS6 LS1 etc..... etc.... or not (Damn car is beautiful! ), it's still his pride and joy, and I would think yalls cars are the same.
So as for defending which platform is better... It doesnt really matter! Just enjoy what you have, and respect what others have!

:END RANT:
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Well i dont bash on LSX's but im in a few F body groups and im the only LT1, and i catch a bunch of hell for it............. but things are changing
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by djjab57
Well i dont bash on LSX's but im in a few F body groups and im the only LT1, and i catch a bunch of hell for it............. but things are changing
me 2... lol
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 291 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Drift_king2007
It doesnt really matter! Just enjoy what you have, and respect what others have!
Agreed.

You down to play nice with us Dave?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Gizmo could put a 350Ci Ltx in the 9s if he tried. He already goes mid 10s with a bone stock TB, intake and non ported heads with a valve job. Give him some killer heads, intake and big TB and he would be damn close.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I think Gizmo could put a 350Ci Ltx in the 9s if he tried. He already goes mid 10s with a bone stock TB, intake and non ported heads with a valve job. Give him some killer heads, intake and big TB and he would be damn close.

Yeah its that easy..... He should go ahead and do it then
Old 09-03-2009, 01:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

What was the question originally asked in this thread?......Oh yeah, when I was your age I drove my weenie cammed LT1 car to school in the winter, backwards, uphill both ways, in the snow, with drag radials, twice a day, 8 days a week, had 3 paper routes, dragged a mower behind it to cut grass to pay for pediatric veterinary proctology school, and drag raced at night in my spare time when I wasn't serving breakfasts at old age homes...Damn I miss those glory days....

What was the question? I'm old and stupid...Oh yeah....David, please keep your motor and make it faster...

--Alan
Old 09-03-2009, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdacton
Yeah its that easy..... He should go ahead and do it then
Didnt say its easy or else everyone would have one including me.
I just think Gizmo is capable of doing it with a bit more power. He was running mid 10s NA in 3500ft DA at the shootout with 300lbs of lead in his trunk. Thats pretty impressive to me.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Didnt say its easy or else everyone would have one including me.
I just think Gizmo is capable of doing it with a bit more power. He was running mid 10s NA in 3500ft DA at the shootout with 300lbs of lead in his trunk. Thats pretty impressive to me.
Bullshit, that's never been done in an LTX before, remember??? Dat man wuz sprayin' yO!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Launching!

50 year old 23* technology, what do you consider old school? A flathead?

If I can go 10.50's with this JUNK as MERV says, I should have no problem running in the 9's all motor with a 408 Ls based engine. Ya reckon?

And for the record 1noracindude told me I didnt have the smarts to get this car in the tens all motor on my own....uh well it did, way in the tens I must say. Will go FURTHER in the tens before its over. And cruise all over.
Fuel injection (of the kind you have on your "street engine") on an LT1 block W/ reverse cooling, an optispark ingnition, and a 4L60E is not 50 year old technology sunshine. Dual Quads and Tunnel Ram intakes. that's old school
FYI 1racerdude rocks!

Last edited by Michigan Skip; 09-03-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

I pushed his car up to the line so I know its true!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 143 Posts

Oh yea, well my dad broke into the 7's @ 182mph, 1.06 60ft, back in the early 90's. setup was a 14.5-1 632 lpe motor na, 4sp lenco, adjustable clutch bla bla. The car was tube chasis 85 vette body, 4 link, 9" 5.13 gear bla bla, Now thats old school! I know obviously it's not an apples to apples comparison, just like most of the **** posted in this thread! Not to mention off topic as ***** like the last 3pages of this thread! So I figured why not post lol!

what was the topic again? oh thats right about "how much an engine is worth"! Dave, I say keep your setup, it hauls!!!Imo 6k is prolly a fair price for the engine, but like you I would not sell it for that.

Last edited by kinglt-1; 09-03-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:09 PM
11 Second Club

I thought it was already decided he should keep his motor. The rest is just BSin.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 291 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Michigan Skip
Fuel injection (of the kind you have on your "street engine")

Dual Quads and Tunnel Ram intakes. that's old school
Yes sir.. all 4mpg of it too..
Old 09-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by the_merv

Yes sir.. all 4mpg of it too..
Back then we weren't real concerned about gas mileage, beaching, t-topping, interstate motoring at 75mph. and no Arguing over "street car" "race car" bs like today. Back then, we would/could run stop light to stop light all thru town all night long and sometimes for as much as 1K a run. Old School FTW Ask my friend 1racerdude, he'll tell ya.

Oh, BTW, I was running 10.50's when David was pooping green.

Forgot to mention that
Old 09-03-2009, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Back then we weren't real concerned about gas mileage, beaching, t-topping, interstate motoring at 75mph. and no Arguing over "street car" "race car" bs like today. Back then, we would/could run stop light to stop light all thru town all night long and sometimes for as much as 1K a run. Old School FTW Ask my friend 1racerdude, he'll tell ya.

Oh, BTW, I was running 10.50's when David was pooping green.

Forgot to mention that
LOL well he already made it was clear he was old so im scared to ask...........Grandpa

Quick Reply: How much is my engine worth?