LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Why are we still holding on to these dinosaurs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010 | 08:29 PM
Village Troll
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by LSWHO
Maybe you should read about GIZMOs cars. They are nothing crazy special. Just very well done. VERY well done, IMO.
Why don't you save me the trouble and tell me about them. Have they ran 9's in the 1/4 with the stock engine?
Old 08-18-2010 | 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe you should read about GIZMOs cars. They are nothing crazy special. Just very well done. VERY well done, IMO.
Mr. SS RRR has a bit of a thing for me. I do my best to ignore the chubby boy.
Old 08-18-2010 | 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Why don't you save me the trouble and tell me about them. Have they ran 9's in the 1/4 with the stock engine?
Oh come on now!!!!!
Has yours run 9s with a modded motor?
who really cares lets get back to having fun ok
Old 08-18-2010 | 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I bet a Honda Civic can crack the 9's with weight reduction and a 250 shot of nos. That Mustang does not impress me at all with a big *** shot that's more than half of the cars N/A flywheel hp.
Old 08-18-2010 | 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

I just think its cool to stay with an underdog and run fairly fast with it. I have had a hand in my car since the first owner took delivery of it in 1995. Its been on Motorweek tv and was in a video by BFG used to launch, pardon the pun, their drag radials.

When I bought it in 2002 everyone said I was stupid and should've went with an LS platform. Its just fun to surprise folks with the way it runs and its also cool to have a motor thats going on 16 years old and still runs great. Most folks think the LT motors are just old junk and never expect my car to run how it runs...Its great entertainment. And I also think that the 95 Formula is one of the nicest looking F-body styles around...Just always liked the lines and front end...

--Alan
Old 08-18-2010 | 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Id bet if Gizmo set up a Lt1 car with a 250 shot and some suspension it would fly!!
Old 08-18-2010 | 09:04 PM
Rockstar

Originally Posted by Spencer51X
A 5th gen would probably run the same numbers if you gave it a 250shot. That's stupid.

OH ITS STOCK....with a 250 shot...A golf cart can be fast with nitrous too. Anyways...2011 camaro has another overhall, a Z28 supposed to be over 500 horses, comparable to the 2011 GT500.
+1, Anything can be fast on the juice.

I'm not one to keep up with the latest auto trends and how fast the new **** is, but I've heard around that the new mustangs are "peaked" from the factory, as so far as N/A power goes, but throw nitrous or a blower at it and it takes off.
I know that this is likely untrue, but there must be some basis for these "rumors" right?
Old 08-18-2010 | 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
+1, Anything can be fast on the juice.

I'm not one to keep up with the latest auto trends and how fast the new **** is, but I've heard around that the new mustangs are "peaked" from the factory, as so far as N/A power goes, but throw nitrous or a blower at it and it takes off.
I know that this is likely untrue, but there must be some basis for these "rumors" right?
LOL. If anyone thinks all that 5.0 had is a 250 shot they're fooling themselves. Funny how Ford tossed a few ringers out to some tuners and had them run great numbers just before they started selling the 5.0. It's a great car no doubt, but it better be after that boat anchor they were selling over the last 17 years.
Old 08-18-2010 | 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

If you LS"1" ********* stayed out of the "why do you like your LT1" thread this wouldn't happen. So STFU.

Look at every single argument on here. All started by the LSx crowd.
No, idiot. Go **** yourself. The thread was started by insecure jerks trying desperately to find reasons as to why they should keep their cars. That's one pathetic and ridiculous argument for a thread. Not only that, but a LSX based site was chosen for such purpose. I have nothing against LT1s at all but I do against ******** like you. Do some of you really care that much as to feel the need for such a stupid thread? I hope the rest of the good LT1 folks are not as retarded, they should be ashamed of an idiot like you among their ranks.

If this site is so biased then i ask....why don't you go the **** out of it? Maybe start one yourself and see how successful you are, little *****. No wonder you were accused of being a loser. Sometimes you think you have seen it all but then a thread like this comes along carrying a tool like this sack of ****.
Old 08-18-2010 | 09:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chaman
No, idiot. Go **** yourself. The thread was started by insecure jerks trying desperately to find reasons as to why they should keep their cars. That's one pathetic and ridiculous argument for a thread. Not only that, but a LSX based site was chosen for such purpose. I have nothing against LT1s at all but I do against ******** like you. Do some of you really care that much as to feel the need for such a stupid thread? I hope the rest of the good LT1 folks are not as retarded, they should be ashamed of an idiot like you among their ranks.

If this site is so biased then i ask....why don't you go the **** out of it? Maybe start one yourself and see how successful you are, little *****. No wonder you were accused of being a loser. Sometimes you think you have seen it all but then a thread like this comes along carrying a tool like this sack of ****.

In before the lock...

I like my LT1 and yes I do look for reasons to like it in threads like this...does that make me insecure? Maybe. But we all are a little insecure in some way. No matter how fast you or I make our cars, there will always be someone with a car much faster.

Gonna go back to lurking now...
Old 08-18-2010 | 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

After some research I can not find a faster stock short block LS1 than Vtecs LT1 car I posted earlier plus he has STOCK heads, not to mention Taner has the fastest M6 f-body in the world(well with all 6 gears and reverse). Lt1s arent so bad after all And I cant wait to see Z8s car get out of the barn!

Last edited by AChotrod; 08-18-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mighty Whitey
and while i agree that an lt1 can be stroked to 383ci, an make more than 403/413. I know damn well it won do it with a rock solid idle, and had nearly as clean of A tail pipe emission as a stock l92.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDhQ...eature=related

Is that not a good idle? It has Pacesetters LT, if it had mufflers that actually worked you wouldn't hear much. It is a 388ci

Originally Posted by AChotrod
All the above. You can also get a 400+ inch LT1 but I wouldnt spray or boost it.
theres 1000+rwhp Lt1s still running factory blocks.
You wouldn't spray a 400ci LT1 with .100" wall thickness between cylinders and .240" the other direction, half filled with hard block?

Granted .040" over is about the limit if you want to keep a .100" wall minimum and clearance for a 3.9" crank which will need some grinding on the pan rails and hopefully won't interfere with the camshaft. I've done 3.8" cranks pretty easily though.
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

man who ever made this post, can STFU, if you dont like lt1 get the fk out, driving ls1 doesnt make u any special or power. and remember ls1 is not that new anymore, and it getting cheap. we all still love lt1 and stay that one, mabe one day ls1, but for now lt1 still #1, go back to ls1 section, and leave lt1 section to our lt1 peoples. and remember STFU, im tired of see lt1 or ls1 compairing, why compair chevy vs chevy, go compair ford. remember chevy is friends, ford is enemy.
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:18 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
These threads make me lmao.

-they are both slow stock
-they can both be made to go faster then a sane person would care to
-they are both old news by today's standards
-they both become wallet wars when you really start modding them

What is there to argue about anymore? Its all preference. I could have had a whole built ls1 car for what I have just in my engine. If you don't agree with my choices...**** you, its my money
This!

Now please go take a wire wheel to your diff cover and put a nice coat of paint on it. That sig pic is hurting my eyes.
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by noice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDhQ...eature=related

Is that not a good idle? It has Pacesetters LT, if it had mufflers that actually worked you wouldn't hear much. It is a 388ci

You wouldn't spray a 400ci LT1 with .100" wall thickness between cylinders and .240" the other direction, half filled with hard block?

Granted .040" over is about the limit if you want to keep a .100" wall minimum and clearance for a 3.9" crank which will need some grinding on the pan rails and hopefully won't interfere with the camshaft. I've done 3.8" cranks pretty easily though.
I dont have first hand experience doing it but have been told on 400+ci builds it gets scetchy. I guess I wasnt giving the poor ol Lt1 enough credit
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by noice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jdhq...eature=related

is that not a good idle? It has pacesetters lt, if it had mufflers that actually worked you wouldn't hear much. It is a 388ci

you wouldn't spray a 400ci lt1 with .100" wall thickness between cylinders and .240" the other direction, half filled with hard block?

lol on that exhault tip !!.
Old 08-18-2010 | 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Lt1s suck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHjxH8go0FE
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TWS
This!

Now please go take a wire wheel to your diff cover and put a nice coat of paint on it. That sig pic is hurting my eyes.

Its a virgin 10-bolt with 160k+ that has survived way more then expected...I want her to die unmolested!

Stock 10-bolt FTW!!!
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
I think that vid should shut alot of people up with no faith in the LT1...
Old 08-18-2010 | 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

I bet theres a faster one out there......
Anybody can dump something stonger in their cars but us so to me its the motor that came in the car that really counts and Lt1s arent all that bad.

Quick Reply: Why are we still holding on to these dinosaurs?