Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What did you 60? I trap the same speed.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

I can only get a 1.9 60' foot since my driveline is completely stock currently. Stock converter, stock rearend. Both of which will be changed this year. No tire spin either, on drag radials.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

That explains it. I was spinning 2.3 - 2.4.

I just ordered my S60 tonight with 4.10s.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I still work every day Pat. Just no longer have that dyno or shop.
Semi-retired I guess. Just work enough to support what Jeanie calls my money sucking black hole. LOL
Ed,

I'm sorry(sad may be a touch to strong ) to read that you no longer have the dyno/shop. Was it time to slow down or did the economy get to you?
Do you still dyno tune or just mail order?

I appreciate all the help and advice you've given me over the last 8 years or so. My vette runs like a scalded cat when I push it but has mellow enough street manners that I let my girls drive it to school (back when they were in High School) I attribute that to your tune

Thanks Brother!

Mike

Mike
Old 02-11-2013, 07:05 AM
Village Troll

Received 533 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by duh
FWIW, my stock engined (long tubes,EWP,CAI) car has gone a best of 13.15@103. According to calculators at 3400 lbs that puts me between 297 and 305 whp.
Totally believable. When Ed said stock I was under the impression everything was factory stock including exhaust. I was running 13.6 @ 102 completely bone stock and my car was dynoing 280rwhp just for dyno/comparison sake. Not saying it's a "freak" by any means. Jordon Musser and Shawn Salazar from years past with their f-bodys were running 12.7's @ 107 and dynoing around 300 to 310rwhp IIRC...
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aboatguy
Ed,

I'm sorry(sad may be a touch to strong ) to read that you no longer have the dyno/shop. Was it time to slow down or did the economy get to you?
Do you still dyno tune or just mail order?

I appreciate all the help and advice you've given me over the last 8 years or so. My vette runs like a scalded cat when I push it but has mellow enough street manners that I let my girls drive it to school (back when they were in High School) I attribute that to your tune

Thanks Brother!

Mike

Mike
I was still busy as hell. Had to have both rotator cuffs repaired, was getting so I had a hard time getting up from the floor (coming up on 70 years now, right knee ain't much.) and with my shoulders I could barely reach far enough under the cars to tie them down. Also so much time wasted n the dyno with cars not really ready to tune. Seems like kids don't even know how to screw one together correctly anymore. I was usually booked four to six weeks out for dyno work, and the younger guys may not even show up. Never call to cancel, even though we would tell them if they would we had a waiting list wanting in earlier if we had a cancellation. Screwed the guys wanting to take their place as much as us. Guys over 35 or 40 always called if something came up. Made guys wanting in sooner happy. I was tired of screwing with all that, and a local shop for which I did a lot of work asked about buying it. Made us both happy. Had my two surgeries and went to work at home.
Pretty much just work to support my race car now. Life is good.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was still busy as hell. Had to have both rotator cuffs repaired, was getting so I had a hard time getting up from the floor (coming up on 70 years now, right knee ain't much.) and with my shoulders I could barely reach far enough under the cars to tie them down. Also so much time wasted n the dyno with cars not really ready to tune. Seems like kids don't even know how to screw one together correctly anymore. I was usually booked four to six weeks out for dyno work, and the younger guys may not even show up. Never call to cancel, even though we would tell them if they would we had a waiting list wanting in earlier if we had a cancellation. Screwed the guys wanting to take their place as much as us. Guys over 35 or 40 always called if something came up. Made guys wanting in sooner happy. I was tired of screwing with all that, and a local shop for which I did a lot of work asked about buying it. Made us both happy. Had my two surgeries and went to work at home.
Good to hear that it was your choice.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel ya, that is why my local shop doesn't want to do LT1s anymore. He says half the time they have problems on the dyno and its a huge waste of time since kids bring in cars that they slap a few parts on and think its done. Dying fuel pumps, bad optis, vacuum leaks, etc.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

When someone wants an appointment for dyno tune always ask for a down payment! That's how they do it in Louisiana..
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1
When someone wants an appointment for dyno tune always ask for a down payment! That's how they do it in Louisiana..
I guess I was dumb enough to trust them. Waste a lot time on them, then when you can't finish one due to their ignorance or incompetence they didn't think they should have to pay you for your time since it "didn't get tuned".
Amazing how many had weak fuel pumps, jacked up wiring, weak valve springs, not enough valve-to-piston clearance, slipping clutches, blowing oil all over the place, etc, etc. Just got my fill of it.

Last edited by Ed Wright; 02-11-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess I was dumb enough to trust them. Waste a lot time on them, then when you can't finish one due to their ignorance or incompetence they didn't think they should have to pay you for your time since it "didn't get tuned".
Amazing how many had weak fuel pumps, jacked up wiring, weak valve springs, not enough valve-to-piston clearance, slipping clutches, blowing oil all over the place, etc, etc. Just got my fill of it.
Wow!! I can only imagine dude..

Quick Reply: le 231/239 .571/.587 11o lsa