LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help With my LT1 Wont RUN!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need Help With my LT1 Wont RUN!!!!

Well I kept getting opti codes, so I replaced the opti today and put it all back together and it still barely ***in runs... Idels rough as a ****. When I push the gas it just wants to die! Here are a couple datamaster files. Maybe someone can help!! I have the maf all hooked up and everything, thats the only code I get when I fire it up. The only other thing I coulda done was crossed a wire during the opti install which I'm going to check tommarrow. Maybe someone can get something outta the datamaster files.

http://members.rogers.com/tdese739/gmt/c.uni

http://members.rogers.com/tdese739/gmt/cd.uni

Here is a CSV File:
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/trickedoutblazer

Here is a Update for earlier tonite.

Okay pulled the whole front end off today and triple checked the opti its on there correct. Checked and followed all the wires from the plugs to the proper postition on the opti and they are all correct. I can hear the fuel pump priming. After I got it back together to fire it up again nothing just cranked over and over, so I poured some fuel into the TB directly and got it to fire over but still didnt run good seemed like everytime I would go to push the gas it would instantly die. So This has me thinking it isnt getting enough fuel? Im gonna take a test light and check the injector pulses tommarrow. The injectors are 42.5 lb with less than 100 miles on them. I really need to get this thing running good. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Anyone Have any Idea?
Old 01-17-2005, 12:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

what year?

Try putting a set of Stock injectors back in with a stock File. THis is a good place to start trouble shooting.

I had to do that this last weekend to get a car to run. once it was warm we got the big injectors back in and it would run. We found we had been going the wrong direction. instead of Being rich it was actually lean and needed more fuel

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a 96 Z28 Here are the mods and such.

Line Lock
Wilwood Proportioning valve
!ABS
ATI Procharger D1SC
Dual Intercoolers
Walbro 340 Fuel Pump
Lucas 42.5lb Injectors
Taylor Wires
OTVC Looms
NGK TR6 Plugs
ODB1 PCM4LESS Coversion PCM
LT4 KM
Jet Hot LT's
Hooker Y Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
Granatelli MAF
Throttle Body Bypass
!Air
!EGR
Boxed Subframe connectors
Vigilante 3600 Stall

I would install the stock injectors but that would be a horrible idea with boost, I dont even think that I have them anymore. Im gonna check to make sure I have injector pulse and everything tommarrow.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Junkie

when you said you kept on getting opti codes.... what codes were they??? Anything else that you did/replaced when you changed the opti?? Did you get an OEM opti??? Maybe you just got a bad opti.....
Old 01-17-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was the low res code. The opti isnt throwing anymore codes. Brand new from gm. Only other thing I could think of is bad gas since its been sitting 4 months. I just dont under stand why I can keep the sob running.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:34 PM
10 Second Club

Well seeing how I have a little experiance with blowers i can in fact tell yes you can use the stock injectors to get where i ask you to go Just keep your damn foot out of it or wire the By-pass open.

With out a Low Res signal youe rig won't run. want the kicker? IF you clear the code and it does not start it will NOT reset the code Leaving you scratching your head.

Looking at your file the First thing that jumpos out at me is your MAF is dead or not wired correctly as it is giveing off 490GPS at 1,200 and it is clearly giving you a MAF code.

This was in both of your files.

Now seeing where you got the programmin I am not sure this will work but go un plug your MAF and try again

this will kick it into SD mode and force it to run off the program.

Good luck!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have bryan from pcmforless working on me a new tune as we speak. Im gonna check the oil to make sure there isnt any metal shavings. I tried unplugging it and still no good luck with it.

Last edited by blazin; 01-17-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

try unplugging it and taking a Uni file again
see if it is still readding 490. If it is retrace the wiring
Old 01-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Banned

A couple of years ago I had the same problem with my '94. It would run completly limpwristed when you gave it some gas. It turned out being a clogged and dead cat converter. For for thought. How many miles do you have on your converter?
Old 01-18-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input I dont have any converters though. I fired it up today and now I did a data log and they Damn LOW RES Fail Code Came back!!!! How in the hell is this possible the opti has 0 miles on it and 3 times starting up!! It was running decent until I got the damn low res code AGAIN. How could I have toasted another opti? The cam dowel length is good and everything.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

..... you think maybe you got a bad opti?????
Old 01-18-2005, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Holy Frigg'n cow! Sounds similiar to my LT1, but my car is a 93 speed dens car and I'm scrathin my head wondering what my problem is. Maybe one of you experts can help. My car has bolt ons. Just about everyone you can think of including TB.... My idle's been going crazy for a while. Replaced Idle Air, Throttle Position sensor, No change. Didn't run chugg'n like until I did the AC Compressor for the 2nd time say 2 months ago. Replaced plugs and spark plug wires for the 2nd time in June 04. My car surges and chug's like crazy once it warms up. It will catch and run great and then cut out. I get code 42 sometimes and then code 36 others. I run the check for a bad PCM and it does not show according to the manual of clearing the code and run for 30 seconds and check again. Unless disconnecting the neg battery cable is not the correct way to clear the codes. What code did you get for the OPTI? I am suspicious of the Opti, the Ign Cnt Module, the PCM, or the Fuel Pump. I replaced the Fuel pump Relay (by the dead pedal) last week. I've also replaced the O2 sensors.

My car has: Jacobs Ultra Coil. MTI 1200CFM intake, Pully all purchased in 1994. MTI High Flow Exhaust w/flow master. HT Stage 2 Chip. SLP ST Shifter and Mcleod Clutch.

Anyone that can help, Please Help!!!!! I don't have cash to throw away.

Last edited by Y2kHawk05; 01-19-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:28 AM

I can't help you with any of those problems. I just bought a granatelli 340 fuel pump for my 99 T/A, I was wondering about your install. My pump holder is a little too big and not sure exactly what to do here. Also there are 2 ports on the top of the fuel pump. The big port is for the main fuel. What do you hook the smaller one up to. My old pump had a small line attached to it. I was wondering if it was a primer line or something. I will be calling Summit racing Tech's soon to find out. Also is this pump way over kill. I have a 70mm turbo with 60# injectors. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Launching!

sounds like insuffecient fuel.
or bad plug wires.
check the connections to the plugs,
how old are they.
pull a few and see if their fouled

Quick Reply: Need Help With my LT1 Wont RUN!!!!