LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

The OFFICIAL LTX Shootout 09 smack talkin thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I hear you and I know I add to it. BUT then look at the mess Drag Radial is in. THAT is what happens when you keep changing the rules to fit this car and that car. Pretty soon you eliminate the rest of the field....!
hey I have no problem reading it I get too pissed myself to think straight and will call people bad names.

I just look at us being street cars which race occasionally for some excitement and do not want to go against race cars and pro racers. I do not have my car set to be maxed out in either NA or N20 form since it will take the street driving fun away from it.

This just my opinion and that doesn't make it wrong or right.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Giz maybe you should gear down LOL! Yeah I N/A race most every weekend when I can. AND my car DID come the way yours did and I ADDed the other stuff, BFD! LOL

Pull the stick out of your *** buddy you will have more fun Why should every one else bend to the rules to fit YOUR car?

"I" have 28s and 3.73s and I am going through the traps at 7,100 on the limiter. You do not see me begging to get the rules changed do you? NO I am working on MYM end to FIT the rules... Try it some time.

"dont try to change the rules to allow ur own car in the class.... lets just see what tony comes out with for class rules then if ur car fits then there ya go, if not then it dosent... its simple.....

besides that... i love my street car"

EXACTLY!!

"hey..I thought street cars are supposed to have spools?"

Me To Larry

Wow! Your tone is way out of line.

In regards to the rules, Tony stated that they were thinking of making changes and would like to try to accomodate Stockers. Did you miss that?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as there is at least one heads up race class, that I can race in, Ill be happy!!!
But I dont want to have to race full on race cars!!! That would be like driving across the country just to know your gonna loose.!
Ill also bracket race it but thats Kinda lame compared to heads up racing!!
Maybe run NA classes by ETs Like 9.0-10.0, 10.01-11.0 , 11.01-12.0 etc. You break out you lose just like bracket racing but heads up. That will make it much better for everyone.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GIZMO

In regards to the rules, Tony stated that they were thinking of making changes and would like to try to accomodate Stockers. Did you miss that?
Gizmo in the defense of Ellis I read your posts as coming off as a smart ***, but by your response I may take that back if you are not.

comments like if a built NA car can't beat a SS then maybe people need to work harder is offensive to me

I think my car for example runs damn good for what it is and I know I still have power on the table with heads, intake, gearing, etc, but by your response you think differently

if I'm reading you wrong then I'm sorry, but the way you state things to people seems as if you are degrading most builds on this site to make a better reason to suit the rules for you car
Old 11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Calm down guys. Lets keep this civil and try to get along. We want to accomadate everyone but we all know that will be hard to accomplish. I just hope people can adjust their cars to meet the rules and come race.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO

Not any more then you continuing to tell the rest of us what we should want
Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Calm down guys. Lets keep this civil and try to get along. We want to accomadate everyone but we all know that will be hard to accomplish. I just hope people can adjust their cars to meet the rules and come race.
100% agree and I'm not here to argue

I want to see as many cars come as possible and everyone have a kick *** time.

rules are hard to work with and hope everyone comes out happy
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
Gizmo in the defense of Ellis I read your posts as coming off as a smart ***, but by your response I may take that back if you are not.

comments like if a built NA car can't beat a SS then maybe people need to work harder is offensive to me

I think my car for example runs damn good for what it is and I know I still have power on the table with heads, intake, gearing, etc, but by your response you think differently

if I'm reading you wrong then I'm sorry, but the way you state things to people seems as if you are degrading most builds on this site to make a better reason to suit the rules for you car
Not any more then you continuing to tell the rest of us what we should want
I'm glad I'm not the only one that read it that way.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Some people come to win
Some people come to have a good time

I don't plan on taking home any of those sexy trophies, but I do plan on meeting a lot of
cool people and having a great time burnin' rubber
Old 11-20-2008, 10:49 AM
8 Second Club

100% agree and I'm not here to argue

I want to see as many cars come as possible and everyone have a kick *** time.

rules are hard to work with and hope everyone comes out happy
Well said Larry!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I assure you that I was not looking to offend anyone. I just feel that you guys are leaving a lot on the table. A SS (Super Stock) car is in no way a Stocker. My Stocker made 402 rwhp and ran a 10.53 at 3000 lbs. So, if you do the math and add 300 lbs you will see that my coments were not out of line. I really feel that I would have to work hard on my stuff to beat most of the 383-396 cars. Maybe I am wrong?

Everyone has the right to disagree and I am fine with that. I just don't care for the off colour stuff.

Take Care,

Daren
Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 AM
9 Second Club

Let the stock eliminator cars run in Outlaw....... Just be prepared to get dominated.... I drive my car on the street but it is not what I would consider a "dedicated" street car.. It drives fine on the street..... But i wouldn't do it everyday...

So if stock eliminator cars are Race cars. Then have them race other race cars. The top of the LTx food chain...... just know that we are coming with twin turbo's, multiple stages of spray and single plane conversions, and F3R Prochargers...

I don't care about 30" tires in Outlaw but if you're gonna allow 30's you should then allow "W" tires.... or allow 30's and a max "W" tire of 28"..... Cause hell the section width and rollout on those don't give an advantage to either....
Old 11-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Banned

Daren..as mentioned most people as myself leave stuff on the table to have a bit more streetable car as to where you are getting the most out of your given combo as you need to..gear, tire, converter etc. and seem to have a lot of knowledge to do so and I respect that.

just see how some of us see your responses as being negative and it looks as if you are out for yourself

as you said lets see how the rules pan out and hope everyone can be happy and make for an even better even then last year
Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Let the stock eliminator cars run in Outlaw....... Just be prepared to get dominated.... I drive my car on the street but it is not what I would consider a "dedicated" street car.. It drives fine on the street..... But i wouldn't do it everyday...

So if stock eliminator cars are Race cars. Then have them race other race cars. The top of the LTx food chain...... just know that we are coming with twin turbo's, multiple stages of spray and single plane conversions, and F3R Prochargers...

I don't care about 30" tires in Outlaw but if you're gonna allow 30's you should then allow "W" tires.... or allow 30's and a max "W" tire of 28"..... Cause hell the section width and rollout on those don't give an advantage to either....
Don't you have to cut a bunch to fit a 30" tire under the car? Most of the N/A cars that are showing up are street cars, and will not cut up a car to fit that big tire under it. I don't think it's right to throw the Stock Eliminator cars into the Outlaw class, but it's also not right to allow a 30" tire into a class that will have 95% 'street' cars in it.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:16 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by James Montigny
Some people come to win
Some people come to have a good time

Wrong.

I come to pwn.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Banned

Outlaw would not be fair either

to the best of my knowledge 29.5 / 30's do require a good amount of work to fit especially with out a mini tub.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Wrong.

I come to pwn.
You don't count
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM
9 Second Club

I don't think it's right to throw the Stock Eliminator cars into the Outlaw class, but it's also not right to allow a 30" tire into a class that will have 95% 'street' cars in it
I think we're talking about 2 different classes.... Don't throw them in NA class, put them in Outlaw.... i HIGHLY doubt that the outlaw class will be 95% street car.....

Taner-maybe a street car
My car-barely a street car
Tony-street car only in texas
Sikora-street car if the street is a quarter mile long with three turnoffs at the end

Those are just 4 of the cars I can think of for outlaw definitely.... and they aren't completely streetable cars.....

And yes you have to cut a bunch to get 30's under there which is why I said only in Outlaw class.... as long as they run NA run in outlaw.... I don't need 30's to run sub 9's on 2 units.... I run on a 28x10.5W....
Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Giz. The term "off color" in and of it self offends people but you did not hesitate to use. Maybe because in your area it is an excepted practice. I will do my very best to try not to offend people of thinner skin.

My goal was not to offend you in any way but make a strong enough statment to get your attention as nothing else any one was saying even got you to look at it from their side of the table. Some times a slap on the back of the head works

Do tell me this. Just how many SS cars do you think are going to show or Would show if we changed the rules to accept them...the weekend of a national event only miles away from ours? I am guessing we could give them there very own class but the only cars to show up would be cars that did not make the field for the national event with ours only being a way to not loose the entire weekend.

the fastest run in the class last year was an 11.0. I figure it is going to pick up some this year but do you really feel a SS car will not have an advantage in the N/A class?

It really is not that hard to run a smaller tire and get the car tagged is it? If that is all we are talking I do not see the big problem? Hell msot guys bought tires just for this event last year including me and I did not get to bring my car in the end. BUT My car fit the rules that were set.

YES everyone would like to see more cars and great racing. BUT they do not yet want the run away you see at other events.

Thank you for your time

Ellis "THE *******"
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
I think we're talking about 2 different classes.... Don't throw them in NA class, put them in Outlaw.... i HIGHLY doubt that the outlaw class will be 95% street car.....

Taner-maybe a street car
My car-barely a street car
Tony-street car only in texas
Sikora-street car if the street is a quarter mile long with three turnoffs at the end

Those are just 4 of the cars I can think of for outlaw definitely.... and they aren't completely streetable cars.....

And yes you have to cut a bunch to get 30's under there which is why I said only in Outlaw class.... as long as they run NA run in outlaw.... I don't need 30's to run sub 9's on 2 units.... I run on a 28x10.5W....
No, you're not understanding. A Stock Eliminator car that only runs mid-high 10's won't have a chance in the Outlaw class with cars going 1-2 SECONDS faster than them.

I believe they fit in the N/A class much better, but NOT with a 30" tire, as the N/A class will likely have 95% street cars in it and it takes a lot of cutting (ala 'race' car) to get the 30" tire to fit.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL LTX Shootout 09 smack talkin thread