Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

NOT just another Tick clutch mater install

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default NOT just another Tick clutch mater install

Well it was the Monday before the lsx shootout. I order my Tick Performance clutch master, with them telling me I will have it at my house Thursday. Well that didn't happen. I told them I was going to the shootout, so they took the time to send me a message, and then a phone call to make sure it was ok to bring it with them, and that they would install it free of charge there at the track. I said that would work out very nice!

So fast foward to Friday at the shootout, they installed my clutch master, and I drove the car, it was the best pedal feel I have EVER felt with a clutch. Now time for a time pass.

I do my usual HUGE burnout to heat up ET streets, I go down the track and I cant hit any gear... wow.

FINALLY after talking with Amber of Six Speeds Inc(ALL Motor Class Winners) there was only one part on my car that I have not replaced. The clutch and pressure plate.

NOW it was on to find someone with a clutch at the shootout... After talking with all venders, Vengeance racing steps up to the plate and says they can have someone bring me a VERY slighty used Textraila oz700 setup. They made me a very VERY fair offer on the clutch, and that was for the guy to bring it all the way to Memphis! WOW!! thanks guys!

So out came the trans at the track, Comes Saturday morning, clutch is there waiting on me! we throw the thing in(kinda) get the car all back together in enough time to make it for the first time run of the day.

After some adjustments of Tick's clutch master, the first time down the track I ran a best ever(***** shifts) of a 11.63 at 119 MPH, just the week before I couldn't even break 11.90's at 116.

The next was my final time pass, And i was running the 11.50 index, and damn if you know it the car went 11.501 at 120.78 MPH!!all powershifts! and it shifts like butter! and that put me #1 qualifer! damn!

I have not missed a shift yet! and I even went to the final four cars in the Index class!

Tick - both Big John and little John were some of the most amazing people I have EVER met in my life! They helped me like we have known each other all our lives!! and we have only known each other for a day! wow you guys kick ***!

and I think Vengeance for the clutch, and Amber at Six Speeds Inc for the badass shifting trans!

Charlie
Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, dude, that sounds like a great experience all around. Very glad to hear it went well. Out of curiosity, how high is your clutch pedal height in relation to the brake pedal?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Wow, dude, that sounds like a great experience all around. Very glad to hear it went well. Out of curiosity, how high is your clutch pedal height in relation to the brake pedal?
You know I was just looking at this in my car the other day and thought it was a bit weird because my clutch pedal is about an inch higher than the brake pedal. It looks weird, but I've got a new stock master, so I suppose its normal.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My clutch pedal is a little higher than the brake pedal in my car too. It just seemed to shift the best at WOT with my Tick adjusted that far out.

BTW, Tick's customer service is excellent.

You know, I have this spare MN12 sitting around and was thinking about getting it rebuilt but I did not know where to send it........I think I have found the place now
Old 10-16-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn!! nice
Old 10-16-2008, 04:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Charlie! I'm just glad we got that broken pressure plate out of there before something really bad happened, and I'm glad the master is working out for you.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My pedal in just about even with the brake... AND I think I could adjust it down some... but it works so perfect where its at, I am not messing with it.

When you want to shift fast, and High RPM, you need a good clutch like the 0z700, new slave, and another must have now is the Tick Clutch master... It all works perfect together. Maybe a built trans too, but i would say it would work just fine with a stock one for a while.

again thanks John!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang, I am very happy for you. I also need to get a new clutch b/c the LS7 PP is not disengaging. I was very happy with Jonathan at TICK for being a very understandable guy when I called him saying that the master I purchased was having trouble, I got one in the mail a few days later and swapped the other one in to find out that the problems still persist. Right now I am in the process of deciding which clutch to buy and cant wait to get the car running good. I hate not beeing able to go WOT and have the pedal feel normal.
hope my luck is as good as your....CONGRATS
thumbs up for the guys at TICK