Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster Clutch needs your feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Monster Clutch needs your feedback!

Guys and gals,

We need more Featured Monster's on our website!

If you want your car on our website write us a small description sharing your experience with your Monster Clutch and include pics of your car, we'll get you up on our website so others can see your ride and read some feedback!

Please submit this info via email to steve@snlperformance.com!

Thanks a ton for the continued support!

Steve Addison
SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.
817-750-2000
Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

Bump!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Steve, you guys ain't got any stickers do ya? If you do, how can I go about getting some?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the clutch held up great (level 3, 4130 flywheel) So I will send you some info/pics/review soon!

BUT-
Was at the rental today and unloaded the car, ran an easy pass (launched at 5 k, usually 6.5k) So it only gets a 1.62 60' and runs 11.13 @ 124.6 (99mph 1/8th). SO I go to launch the second time and it's fine but doesnt stay in gear, it goes in but as I let off the clutch, it spins to redline, let off gas, back on gas, grabs... Everyone is thinking it's me, it does this 5 times in a row. Next pass I 60' 1.55 but shift slowly, and run an 11.15 @ 123.4. So I go hard on it again, and it slips, but it's definately NOT the clutch, I even hotlapped 2 1.55's back to back. So I go one last time and well, boom, I assume it's the input shaft, or maybe the output shaft? Sucks, but I think it would have been an easy 10 second day had I not had issue's.

Still running patriot stage 1 heads, torquer 2, now have a fast 92, and a SD tune by kaltech. It feels really strong, and I think I can do alot better once it's fixed...

I want to thank Brian @ Kaltech for an awesome tune, and Nick 1baddls1 for helping me out today Both of them were great for getting me down the track today!!!

Seems to be a budget setup that works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTtrd...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyxxCOP0tc

Last edited by BADD SS; 04-01-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BADD SS
Well the clutch held up great (level 3, 4130 flywheel) So I will send you some info/pics/review soon!

BUT-
Was at the rental today and unloaded the car, ran an easy pass (launched at 5 k, usually 6.5k) So it only gets a 1.62 60' and runs 11.13 @ 124.6 (99mph 1/8th). SO I go to launch the second time and it's fine but doesnt stay in gear, it goes in but as I let off the clutch, it spins to redline, let off gas, back on gas, grabs... Everyone is thinking it's me, it does this 5 times in a row. Next pass I 60' 1.55 but shift slowly, and run an 11.15 @ 123.4. So I go hard on it again, and it slips, but it's definately NOT the clutch, I even hotlapped 2 1.55's back to back. So I go one last time and well, boom, I assume it's the input shaft, or maybe the output shaft? Sucks, but I think it would have been an easy 10 second day had I not had issue's.

Still running patriot stage 1 heads, torquer 2, now have a fast 92, and a SD tune by kaltech. It feels really strong, and I think I can do alot better once it's fixed...

I want to thank Brian @ Kaltech for an awesome tune, and Nick 1baddls1 for helping me out today Both of them were great for getting me down the track today!!!

Seems to be a budget setup that works...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTtrd...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXyxxCOP0tc

Damn good 60ft's man!

Hate to hear you broke, but, at least you'll come back stronger! This is proof that our setups will find weakness in the drivetrain, especially when you drive 'em like this!

Thanks a ton for the post!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
Damn good 60ft's man!

Hate to hear you broke, but, at least you'll come back stronger! This is proof that our setups will find weakness in the drivetrain, especially when you drive 'em like this!

Thanks a ton for the post!
Turns out the trans itself is OK, I grenaded the 12 bolt posi, and gears, and also bent my shifter, fixed the shifter issue, and going to a 9" w/35 splines and a spool.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Turns out the trans itself is OK, I grenaded the 12 bolt posi, and gears, and also bent my shifter, fixed the shifter issue, and going to a 9" w/35 splines and a spool.
Hate that happend to you man... but the 9" should hold up...

Steve - I plan to send you pictures of my car and some feedback. I'm very happy with the Monster Level 3 and I look forward to seeing how it holds up at the track with the M&H slick.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

LOL!

I realize that this issue will cost you money, but, the fact that you bent your shifter tells me you get a bit excited while traveling down the 1320...

Also, the fact that you broke your 12 bolt speaks volumes for both your setup and our clutches! Thanks a ton for putting our stuff to the test, get that 9" in there and let us know what happens!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ATLSS
Hate that happend to you man... but the 9" should hold up...

Steve - I plan to send you pictures of my car and some feedback. I'm very happy with the Monster Level 3 and I look forward to seeing how it holds up at the track with the M&H slick.
Thanks man! Keep me posted!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont mean to hijack the thread but how would this cause it to pop out of gear??? by the way once the rear goes inmy car ill be placing my Moster order...SNL we will be in touch soon
Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

Steve, my car is in the shop right now waiting for tuning after the blower install and will be ready to punish your clutch after a bit more break in. Let me clean it up and put the Zo6's on after it's all done and I'll get you some photos. I would love to be featured on your site.

x2 on the stickers as well.

Don't blame us because your "monster" logo is cool. I want some too!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine better have 3 eyes on it though...

I sent an email to the link above. My clutch is bad ***. It drives like stock! I'm still rocking the 10 bolt So no track times yet. I'm affraid to dump it, lol.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SSdreamz
i dont mean to hijack the thread but how would this cause it to pop out of gear??? by the way once the rear goes inmy car ill be placing my Moster order...SNL we will be in touch soon
I don't think the trans was actually "popping" out of gear, I think he was feeling the "popping" that is caused by missing teeth on a ring and pinion setup... could be wrong though.

And if the shifter was bent on the lower part it could cause the gears not to fully engage, thus causing them to "pop" out.

Originally Posted by joblo1978
Steve, my car is in the shop right now waiting for tuning after the blower install and will be ready to punish your clutch after a bit more break in. Let me clean it up and put the Zo6's on after it's all done and I'll get you some photos. I would love to be featured on your site.

x2 on the stickers as well.

Don't blame us because your "monster" logo is cool. I want some too!
Looks good man, as soon as we get stickers I'll let you guys know!
Old 04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

i am in the process of putting one in my car stage 3 with chromoly flywheel. will be done this weekend and will get some pics and info out to you. will tell you it looks great and can't wait to see how it does. no worries cause you can tell what a great product it is by the feedback. thanks again.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:36 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by whitesmoke00
i am in the process of putting one in my car stage 3 with chromoly flywheel. will be done this weekend and will get some pics and info out to you. will tell you it looks great and can't wait to see how it does. no worries cause you can tell what a great product it is by the feedback. thanks again.
Thanks a ton man, keep us posted!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSdreamz
Wasnt reall poping out persay, but I think it was a compound issue. The rear would grab and release, and made clicking poping noises. The shifter, wasnt fully engaging the gears as I went through them. When I first went to diagnose the problem, I disconnected the driveshaft on my trailer, and in gear, or so I thought, the shaft spun. I pulled the trans and had no power transmission through it till I pulled the shifter (was leaking as well) and shifted the rail by hand, had no problem, went right into gear. I was going to leave it at that and get a shifter. But I decided I should just drain the rear and change fluid. Well, the rear made no noise after the last run, and I spun it fine by hand with the wheels off the ground, so I thought nothing was wrong. So I drain the fluid and Nothing comes out, I look in the drain, and it's clogged with metal chunks. Pull the cover and the diff grenaded. Three pinion teeth missing, and it still turned w/out noise. The axles were locked to gether by chunks caught between parts but I assume it was catching and releasing stuff sporadically.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wasnt reall poping out persay, but I think it was a compound issue. The rear would grab and release, and made clicking poping noises. The shifter, wasnt fully engaging the gears as I went through them. When I first went to diagnose the problem, I disconnected the driveshaft on my trailer, and in gear, or so I thought, the shaft spun. I pulled the trans and had no power transmission through it till I pulled the shifter (was leaking as well) and shifted the rail by hand, had no problem, went right into gear. I was going to leave it at that and get a shifter. But I decided I should just drain the rear and change fluid. Well, the rear made no noise after the last run, and I spun it fine by hand with the wheels off the ground, so I thought nothing was wrong. So I drain the fluid and Nothing comes out, I look in the drain, and it's clogged with metal chunks. Pull the cover and the diff grenaded. Three pinion teeth missing, and it still turned w/out noise. The axles were locked to gether by chunks caught between parts but I assume it was catching and releasing stuff sporadically.
thanks for clearing that up for me
Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
FormerVendor

That just sounds unhealthy... LOL!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Well i put my stage 3 with chromoly flywheel in over the weekend. very nice piece. Will get some pics up on this thread for you soon. Got about 200 miles on it so far and it chatters very very little. just in pull out but i believe the flywheel being lighter could definitely help with that. Very great pedal feel. Just overall very happy with it. Highly recommended.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Restricted User

just ordered a Monster Stage 5 setup Premium package with the Billet flywheel. i'm sure it'll have no problem holding my LQ9 with a 300 shot.

Quick Reply: Monster Clutch needs your feedback!