Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Which clutch master cylinder??

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which clutch master cylinder??

Like the title says what clutch master cylinder should i buy and why. I'm experiencing the epic clutch sinking syndrome on my 2000 Z28 and want to tap into the twelves and it won't happen until i get this problem resolved. I've read alot of threads and the drill mod didn't work for most people with the stock master. Money is somewhat of an option for me its my daily and I don't plan on getting too crazy with the car until its payed off. If you say go with an 01+ master whats the part # because i cant seem to find one. Also i can tell heat plays a major factor because its gotten worse since i installed my headers even though theyre ceramic, theres no heat shroud like the oem's.

- Need something that'll work and is cost effective
Old 04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

I checked all the reviews myself and I have personally decided on Tick. I haven't bought yet, but I also havent seen 1 bad review on there CMC
Old 04-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Yea if i have to spend money in that price range i'll definately go with the Tick. There is a group purchase thread for the tick master if you want to go in with me and the guy that started the thread but im trying to weigh out my options. If i can fix this problem cheaper and effectively i'll go with something else
Old 04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

If you are looking for straight out performance from your clutch hydraulics you wont find it in any GM master cylinder, no matter the year or if you do a drill mod. The reason behind this is the the GM master uses a 3/4 bore cylinder that is simple not capable of flow enough fluid to the slave to keep it functioning at those higher rpms... This is why the drill mod doesnt really help. The drill mod opens up the end of the line to potentially flow more fluid but the cylinder isnt capable of flowing enough.

Then you have our World Famous Tick Performance Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder. On our cylinder we use an industry exclusive 7/8 bore tilton cylinder and the fluid flows through a non restrictive stainless braided line. Having this combo allows for maximum fluid flow to your slave allowing higher rpm shifting and smoother shifting. You said that money is an issue, but having to buy 2 GM masters in a years time is going to end up more expensive. Do it right and go with one of ours and forget about it!!! Im sure some people will chime in here and let you know how great our master cylinder is! Check it out on the link below:

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...or-ls1-f-body/
Old 04-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

That was pretty damn convincing haha, should the stock slave be able to keep up? I bought the car at 89k and everything still feels good minus the sinking pedal. I just want to be able to shift with confidence and run lower twelves at 110-112
Old 04-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Well there is three people so far wanting to purchase the Tick's that i know of on this forum. Any way you can drop the price to $300 with free shipping?
Old 04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish we could. We are struggling to keep up with the demand of these right now ... Its an awesome unit and I promise you wont be disappointed!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tick master, and Monster Level 2 here, and it is a VERY solid setup!! Never a single hiccup from the master (or clutch) and the pedal is much better feeling now! It is a bit firmer, but compared to stock, it feels like a solid clutch pedal, not the mushy stock feel.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Staging Lane

I'm still running the stock clutch it feels like it has plenty of meat left I should be fine for a while

Quick Reply: Which clutch master cylinder??