Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

anyone running a Ram slave cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone running a Ram slave cylinder?

just wondering if anyone here was running a Ram throwout bearing? not the GM stock style but one of the pieces?

thanks alot!

it looks like a nice piece, i believe it might even be an adjustable unit.

Home :: Hydraulic Release Bearings :: Hydraulic Bearing for LS1, LS6
Hydraulic Release Bearings
Product 12/35

http://www.ramclutches.com/zen-cart/...8170%20web.jpg

larger image
Hydraulic Bearing for LS1, LS6
Hydraulic Bearing for LS1, LS6

Add to Cart:

Model: 78165
Shipping Weight: 4lbs
1 Units in Stock

Last edited by Gear Rower; 04-29-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I had a ram slave cylinder and it lasted about 10k miles. Tick makes the master cylinder. Tick sells a GM slave, which is what I would use.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.mcleodracing.com/categories/Hydraulics.mcl
Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
I had a ram slave cylinder and it lasted about 10k miles. Tick makes the master cylinder. Tick sells a GM slave, which is what I would use.
i have the Tick master on the car, and have for about 4 years ... it is awesome. i am not sure the GM slave will work with my twin Disk Advanced Clutch assembly. not that it shouldn't, but i am positive the Ram one will, only question is will it last! i only put a couple thousand miles on the car each year. i do like the fact that it has a boot to minimize clutch dust getting on the piston outer bore,and being dragged into the bearing, that just means it should last longer. i don't mind pulling my trans even routinely as required... but this is the 4th time this year already and I am not liking it, lol!!!

was the Ram slave basically a GM style slave? or like the one i posted in the link.

GMfan,

that is what i pulled off the car........ for the last time.

thanks for the responses guys!!! it is apprecaited. either way i am ordering a bearing tomorrow, come hell or high water, i just hope i make the right choice. i will call Ram tomorrow morning as soon as they are open ,lol!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine looked like a normal slave that came with a shim. It didn't have the lines and fittings.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I would stick strictly to a GM slave. We have seen the best results with those.

Just curious, why do you think the GM slave wouldnt work? Surely the clutch was designed to work with one, otherwise the clutch manufacturer would tell you or send you a slave that you would have to use. If it is a length issue, you can shim the slave to work.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:38 PM

the Ram slave won't work, the location of the fittings will hit the pressure plate on the borg and beck long style pressure plate.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:45 PM

well, the Ram i posted wouldn't work with my clutch assembly. so i installed a new mcleod, and crossed my fingers... well after a little bit of driving i checked for leaks and yes it was leaking from one of the swivel fittings. my root cause analysis, led me to believe the machined roll pin holes which ultimately control the compression of the o ring was not in the correct location. so i tleaked. the swivel was noticably "looser" and required minimal effort to rotate the fitting, whereas the other fitting was "tight" to swivel

trans back out #5 R&R this year already, install GM slave NO SHIM required on my setup. guess what the ****.... it works great, will monitor for leaks, but so far so good!. it has the inj. moulded boot to provide protection to the piston, to minimize contaminants. and with the tick bleeder, it is so flipping easy to bleed now

both items cost bout half of the aftermarket bearing.

Quick Reply: anyone running a Ram slave cylinder?