TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here ya go bro

http://m.corvetteforum.com/c5-genera...ml?styleid=132
Old 03-16-2013, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nemesis 2000AD
Does anyone how the segmented Kevlar disk wear / life is versus a full face?
Curious to know this aswell. I ordered the stage 2 and it was a full face disk too.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Thanks redbird! You are okay, I dont care what the rest of the guys here say about you...

No really, that guy did his home work. I was thinking about the LS7 clutch. But everyone here crys about how heavy it is. I say just run a 10lb lighter flywheel @ then you are the same weight as a stock LS6. Very few guys here seem to understand thats its the weight of the whole assy that counts. Not just " I got light flywheel and its great!" I thinking that I need to move over the Vett site. Those boys seem to know whats up!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Like I said when I installed mine, I couldn't get the bellhousing off the car until I removed the PP first due to my Spohn solid mounts; It was that thick. The Monster PP was a lot skinnier than the stock garbage I pulled off, and I had no problems getting the BH back on with everything from Monster already installed.

LS6 or 7 clutch, you're still running a self-adjusting pressure plate. Pick your poison.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Like I said when I installed mine, I couldn't get the bellhousing off the car until I removed the PP first due to my Spohn solid mounts; It was that thick. The Monster PP was a lot skinnier than the stock garbage I pulled off, and I had no problems getting the BH back on with everything from Monster already installed.

LS6 or 7 clutch, you're still running a self-adjusting pressure plate. Pick your poison.
I am just kicking around a few things right now. Let me run them by you guys and
see what you think?

LS7 & Alum flywheel 50 lbs (same as stock) $580.00 shipped

Monster II & light flywheel (7 1/2 lbs lighter than stock) $580.00 shipped

McLeod RXT twin (wont know the weight in till Monday) $1014.00 shipped
Old 03-16-2013, 06:34 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Twins are great, no doubt about it, but I simply can't justify the price difference when I can get a COMPLETE Premium kit with ARP bolts and a Tick master for the same price.

Honestly out if what you have listed, PENDING on your intentions for the car, I'd go Monster 2 or 3
Old 03-16-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Twins are great, no doubt about it, but I simply can't justify the price difference when I can get a COMPLETE Premium kit with ARP bolts and a Tick master for the same price.

Honestly out if what you have listed, PENDING on your intentions for the car, I'd go Monster 2 or 3
I had been "sold" on the Monster II for a while now, but I see a too many " I have a problem with my Monster II" threads lately. I know that really doesnt mean that much, but I dont want to be "one of those guys" And way my luck goes, I would be!...
Old 03-16-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
I had been "sold" on the Monster II for a while now, but I see a too many " I have a problem with my Monster II" threads lately. I know that really doesnt mean that much, but I dont want to be "one of those guys" And way my luck goes, I would be!...
I heard a handful of posts with stage 2 problems, but what sold me was Monster's customer service. They seemed to really stand behind theyre product and help out with their customers.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Zlow28
I heard a handful of posts with stage 2 problems, but what sold me was Monster's customer service. They seemed to really stand behind theyre product and help out with their customers.
Sold you? You have a Monster Clutch, and had to use customer service?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
Sold you? You have a Monster Clutch, and had to use customer service?
Nope not yet. I hope not to aswell. But seeing how they handled the problems that rose with their products, I had that peace of mind that if something did go wrong, i wouldnt be completely screwed over.

Plus i saw how other brand clutches have failed much more often and those companies didnt handle the situation as snl performance.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Every clutch company has issues its just part of manufacturing, however it seems monster always stands behind their product and helps out when they can which is a-ok in my book.

With that said I would go stage 2 with a light flywheel, you will save weight over stock and have a much better unit. The ls7 will end up being very costly with a light weight flywheel and as said you will still have the shitty gm self adjust PP.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redbird555
Every clutch company has issues its just part of manufacturing, however it seems monster always stands behind their product and helps out when they can which is a-ok in my book.

With that said I would go stage 2 with a light flywheel, you will save weight over stock and have a much better unit. The ls7 will end up being very costly with a light weight flywheel and as said you will still have the shitty gm self adjust PP.
What is this, shitty gm self adjusting thing you speak of? I have had the stock LS6 clutch for years, and cant belive it lasted that long, as it has taken quite a bit of abuse and is just now giving me trouble.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 PM
The Scammer Hammer

I said the same thing. Wait till you pull it out and look at it, LOL. I was SHOCKED my car was even driveable. It's really tough to put into words, but everything is "smoother" with the Monster unit now. release, shifting, everything. It's like butter. I love it.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You also have to consider some people who install the clutches, have not done it before. Some of the issues you read about are installer error.

Installing a clutch seems simple, but there are ways to warp the disc, bending it,not to mention failing cleaning the surfaces with the proper solvent causing slippage.

Look how many people install the disc backwards....
Old 03-17-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Veteran

The gm pressure plate has springs in it that allow it to adjust over time to keep the pedal engagement at a specific point as it wears. They do work and mine has done good so far but I do want to change it out for something better. As whignam said the aftermarket clutches that do now have this simply release better and improve shifting all around. My buddy installed a monster stage 3 in his car and as everyone else has reported on here, it made shifting much nicer.

The shifting is smoother and I feel that when I drive it I can literally just throw the shifter into the next gear immediately when I stab the clutch. Many people report much better shifting after switching tot his style clutch
Old 03-18-2013, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just received my Monster Stage 2 this past Friday. Full face kevlar disc, 28lb standard billet flywheel, Pressure Plate, ARP hardware, Tick Master, only unit that isn't new is my slave because the one in my car now has barely 1k miles on it.

Clutch looks solid. Can't wait to break her in properly and maybe do some launches... What are you guys launching at with the stock gears/10 bolt?? (after proper clutch break in of course)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, my package from Tick Performance arrived yesterday, but the only thing in it was their Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder. The invoice said the Monster Stage 3 clutch will be shipped to me directly from Monster, but it hasn't arrived yet. Here is the link to exactly what I ordered off Tick's website.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...camaro-firebird/

Like I said, no GM Slave cylinder, clutch, flywheel, speed bleeder line, throwout bearing, pilot bearing or clutch alignment tool. Will all of these things come from Monster??? I'm confused.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Well, my package from Tick Performance arrived yesterday, but the only thing in it was their Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder. The invoice said the Monster Stage 3 clutch will be shipped to me directly from Monster, but it hasn't arrived yet. Here is the link to exactly what I ordered off Tick's website.

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...camaro-firebird/

Like I said, no GM Slave cylinder, clutch, flywheel, speed bleeder line, throwout bearing, pilot bearing or clutch alignment tool. Will all of these things come from Monster??? I'm confused.
Your link clearly states that "Some Components May Drop-Ship" Your stuff will come from Monster. You will be okay
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
FormerVendor

Just to clear some things up guys...

Our segmented vs full face wears the same, drives the same, and holds the same - easy stuff. No need to panic or get anxious - and as always if you ever have questions, comments, or concerns you can always email me or call us up.

As far as the "too many level 2 issues" - you need to understand that the level 2 is by far the most popular clutch we sell. We've shipped thousands of these things out and have admittedly only had a handful of complaints/issues. Of course, we strive to take care of guys when things happen and we do the absolute best we can in any given situation. We stand behind our stuff plain and simple - if it fails or gives you problems, even if it winds up not being clutch related, we'll be there.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 AM
FormerVendor

One other thing - If you've ordered from a dealer or distributor and you're wanting to get an order status you can always call us up and ask.

Quick Reply: Monster Level 2 Delivery!