Looking at one on eBay.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like u will be a guinea pig. I'll keep you posted
Old 06-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IDK if you bought it already o'well but I would really stay away from non name brand clutches. From my previous experience growing up a lot of my ebay clutch disks would break from the rivets or completely shattered.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that is what I am afraid of, however, I have had 4 stage 2-3 clutches of different name brands that didn't hold up more than 6 months with around 460 at the wheels. All of my spec clutches the disks disintegrated and separated into 3-4 pieces, the others ALL broke the sprung hub on the clutch disk itself. I am currently using the best single disk McCloud made about 10 years ago before you step in to the street twin. It would've lasted except the car sat for 8 years with minimal driving and the hydrolics are going out. Thrashed the clutch I just don't have 800-1k to drop on a clutch, and I have to have my vehicle moving under its own power.....so the clutch came with flywheel and slave for 385. I am going to install it on Saturday. It really looks just like the last spec stage 3 that I had, but I got the 6 puck miba ceramic disk. Supposed to hold 589hp/540ft/lbs. I'm rolling right at 500 with my baby 5.3 I will keep you updated.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Best of luck. If you're having hydraulic issues I'd fix those...
Old 06-11-2015, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that is under control. I've got all new hydraulics (master/slave) setup to go in as well. I currently have a leaky slave that bleeds the clutch down every few days if I don't keep fluid in it.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you go with one of the better MCs? It'd suck to replace everything with a stocker just to redo it in a year.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yup been sitting on a brand new mccleod adjustable MC. I've been limping this thing along for almost 8 months until I could afford to do the clutch, flywheel, and all the hydraulics.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well. my initial reaction to this clutch is good. the pedal feels good. it does feel different from the stocker, but not out of control stiff. it grabs without a doubt. I post up more once i get it broken in and put some pressure to it

ps...remote bleeder is the way to go. didn't even have to break out the mighty vac.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, I drove it in traffic this morning without putting very many miles on it. Luckily there wasn't a whole lot of traffic and no start and stopping. Street manners are pretty good, and it grabs like an sob. So far bang for the buck.....looking good. We shall see about the longevity
Old 06-15-2015, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taspeed
Well, I drove it in traffic this morning without putting very many miles on it. Luckily there wasn't a whole lot of traffic and no start and stopping. Street manners are pretty good, and it grabs like an sob. So far bang for the buck.....looking good. We shall see about the longevity
I'm interested to see how it handles being dumped at 5k how long of a break-in period are you doing?
Old 06-16-2015, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackandgold
I'm interested to see how it handles being dumped at 5k how long of a break-in period are you doing?
I am as well. Looking at around 500 miles of mild traffic driving. Manners are good, and it feels good on the pedal. I anticipate the rear end vacationing soon. So far this has been a good inexpensive choice for a clutch and flywheel assembly. 385 shipped. A flywheel costs that...
Old 08-12-2015, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i have a few thousand miles on this clutch now. I have to say it took a bit longer to break in than i am used to, but could've been due to the stop and go traffic break in period. either way it seems to be holding nicely. Doesn't like to be slipped much at all, but will toss you to the back seat if you snap you foot off the clutch.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taspeed
well i have a few thousand miles on this clutch now. I have to say it took a bit longer to break in than i am used to, but could've been due to the stop and go traffic break in period. either way it seems to be holding nicely. Doesn't like to be slipped much at all, but will toss you to the back seat if you snap you foot off the clutch.
Get any good dumps in?
Old 08-19-2015, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You put a few thousand miles on it in less than 2 months?

Hopefully this doesn't encourage anyone else to spend money on cheaply made, heavy, Chinese parts spinning at high rpm by their feet.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VincesSS
You put a few thousand miles on it in less than 2 months?

Hopefully this doesn't encourage anyone else to spend money on cheaply made, heavy, Chinese parts spinning at high rpm by their feet.
not chinese made btw. They put these in the high hp cars in japan. I got close to 15k out of this clutch at 500-600 rwhp in the trans am. up until tonight it holds better than the $900-1200 clutches i've had and lasted longer. i abused this clutch and for the money with a flywheel I'll get another to beat on. I have seen several 8k rpm runs with it as well over the years and at around 4-5k dumps ...no slippage....actually cork screwed a driveshaft and twisted 2 sets of alxles with it. strangely my rear end hasn't grenaded yet

Quick Reply: anyone use a mitsuko stage 3