Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

spec 3 took a dump tonight.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 01:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default spec 3 took a dump tonight.....

after 8 months and only 9k miles.....total of 8 track passes "OFF" the juice mind you....half dozen times i raced on the juice from rolls on the street. my car is no where near the 680 hp rating that spec claims. i dunno if id trust putting another spec back in....or even if spec is gonna step up to the plate and do something for me. this extremely sucks!!!!!!
who has recommendations on some clutches?? cause if spec dont step up...im not doin another spec!!
Old 07-03-2005, 03:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

textralia rate it over 700+, great clutch and good customer service too!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
after 8 months and only 9k miles.....total of 8 track passes "OFF" the juice mind you....half dozen times i raced on the juice from rolls on the street. my car is no where near the 680 hp rating that spec claims. i dunno if id trust putting another spec back in....or even if spec is gonna step up to the plate and do something for me. this extremely sucks!!!!!!
who has recommendations on some clutches?? cause if spec dont step up...im not doin another spec!!
my SPEC 3 went out because i launched the springs out of the disk. i called SPEC and we made a deal for me to send in my old clutch and they would send me a SPEC 4 if i paid the diffrence. so right now i'm waiting for my SPEC 4 which hopefully will handle the powa
Old 07-03-2005, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rons 00z
my SPEC 3 went out because i launched the springs out of the disk. i called SPEC and we made a deal for me to send in my old clutch and they would send me a SPEC 4 if i paid the diffrence. so right now i'm waiting for my SPEC 4 which hopefully will handle the powa
thats when mine went also....i did a poped the clutch at about 5k cause i dont like sitting there doing a burnout...so i just rode it out...after that...wont go into gear. one thing i noticed...my first gear chatter never went completely away...it felt like it was just a matter of time before it took a ****.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
thats when mine went also....i did a poped the clutch at about 5k cause i dont like sitting there doing a burnout...so i just rode it out...after that...wont go into gear. one thing i noticed...my first gear chatter never went completely away...it felt like it was just a matter of time before it took a ****.
Exact same thing happened to me 2 weekends ago. Came out around 5, pretty much a dump, and when I went to shift to second, locked me out. Clutch wouldn't disengage, and would lurch the car if you tried to start it in gear with the clutch in. Drove home 80 miles without the use of a clutch. Ended up popping it loose moving it around the driveway. Got a Textralia going in now, in the middle of dropping the trans, waiting for harbor frieght to get me a trans jack.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

Same thing here with my spec 3 on sat. night. Launched at about 4K and it was stuck, would not go into second or any gear, also had to drive home without the clutch (only about 10 miles for me). Tore it apart and the disc was fused to the flywheel. This is a spec 3F that I just installed over winter with less than 1000 miles on it and 500 of break in miles. This is my second spec 3, I sent the first one back because it never quit chattering and it looked terrible after only 3000 miles. They upgraded me to the 3F and resurfaced fly and PP. Not sure if its even worth trying to send in and maybe go to a 4 or go with the aussie clutch.

Eric
Old 07-04-2005, 10:34 AM
11 Second Club

i noticed mine never stopped chattering from the beginning...allthough it got better, it was allways there...i cant wait what mine looks like when i get it out.
thanx for the pics 99z51r
Old 07-04-2005, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

anyone have a site to where i can look into this Textralia??? i checked there website but its not completely up n runnin...thanx.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Same thing happened to me! I only have 5000kms on it, but I do have 50+ passes on it with a ARE St 3 H/C and BFG DR's.

I have a new 412 LS2 stroker going in the next couple weeks so I decided to step up to a McLoed Street Twin. It seemd like a decent deal, $1200 for a twin disk clutch, billet flywheel and adj. master. Plus it is rated at 1000hp. I'm hoping this should hold my litttle NA combo.

Texeralia was my 2nd choice, though it is not as proven and not much cheaper. IMO

Rampant
Old 07-04-2005, 07:22 PM

I just took out my spec 3I. Lasted 5k miles on the street with street tires and NO races. The disk was flat wore out and eating up the rivits.

I just put a Ram Powergrip HD in and have ~200 miles on it and am lovin it so far