Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Couple of ?'s for Amber at T56rebuilds

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple of ?'s for Amber at T56rebuilds

Hey, this is mainly directed toward Amber or Joe, but someone else who might know can answer too. I would have called you guys but i work from 11pm-7am then i go to school then sleep during ur work hours so i have no time to call.

My question is, how does this whole core charge thing work? Im not sure what it means, does it mean i would pay like 2400 for the 4b or however much it is, then after u got the core of my old tranny, you would reimburse me that core charge back?

My second question is, i dont really wanna drop the tranny in my driveway myself and send it then reinstall it myself. I was wondering if i drove my car up to ill., would you all do the labor of installing the tranny along with a new exoskel clutch?

If you dont do any of that labor then could u all kinda guide me on the steps to dropping my tranny, installing clutch, master cylinder and drill mod if its necesarry? Sorry for the nub questions, but my tax returns should be comin back soon, so its about that time and i wanna get the facts straight. Thanks,
-Ryan
Old 02-19-2007, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryan,

We are in Houston so I don't think you would want to drive all of the way down here for a transmission installation and clutch. There are quite a few shops around closer that can help you on that one.

The core works 2 ways. The price of the transmission outright is $1950 for 4A. That includes the $500 core charge. Once you sent your transmission back to me you would get the $500 back bringing your total to $1450 for the transmission. You can keep the core how ever long you need.

Normally we don't do installations but under an extreme case we have. If you need help finding a shop try searching the forum for someone in your area. Since you are in VA you might try Slowhawk or East Side Performance. I think those guys are closer than anyone else.

You can always call me on my cell in the evenings if this does not answer your questions. Being that your hours are so different than ours I sure don't mind. The number is on our website under cellular direct.

Have a great day!
Amber
Old 02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Ohh, haha ok i thought i were located in illinois for some reason. Ya I'd rather not make the drive all the way down to houston, lol. Ok well yes that does answer my questions about the core charge, etc.. Ill look into another sponser thats closer to myself to do the install.

One more question. Is there a huge difference between the 4a and 4b package? Isnt the only difference the mikron (sp?) finish? I plan on keeping my car for a very long time so is this something i should definetly invest in? Thanks alot.
-Ryan
Old 02-20-2007, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Ryan,

Shoot me your email address and I can send you all of the information about the difference.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 02-20-2007, 09:29 AM
On the tree

Ok since someone posted this up it will save me the creating a new thread.

I am on my second GM T56, still does not shift the way it should and it is now starting to exibit the same symptons the factory one had.

What is the charge to have a reliable T56 built for my car. I want to get all of the important updates/upgrades and need to know which ones are the recommended optional ones.

Can either of you pm me some pricing for the T56's?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Resident

Did u get my e-mail address?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sneakyws6
Ok since someone posted this up it will save me the creating a new thread.

I am on my second GM T56, still does not shift the way it should and it is now starting to exibit the same symptons the factory one had.

What is the charge to have a reliable T56 built for my car. I want to get all of the important updates/upgrades and need to know which ones are the recommended optional ones.

Can either of you pm me some pricing for the T56's?
go to their website. They have pricing on there. Their website is on the sponser list >>>>>>
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

BirdmanLS1 I did get it. I just sent you all of the information.

Sneakyws6, The cost for an outright transmission is $1950 which includes the carbon blocker rings, billet 3-4 keys, bronze fork pads, steel 3-4 fork, new bearings, new sliders and so on. You can send yours for us to rebuild and the pricing starts at $950. All of our rebuilds come with a 1 year workmanship guarantee. See our website for more detailed information. www.t56rebuilds.com.

Thanks,
Amber