Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Has anyone ever seen this car????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone ever seen this car????

Ok so i bought this car with the impression it has had alot of work done to it, i dont know that it doesnt but he didnt have documentation of the work that has been done! so has anybody seen or know of this car? it came from missouri and i think he purchased the car from a guy in OK
Old 02-08-2010, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you buy a car "assuming" it had work done to it? Did the seller say there was work done to it and if so, what was done to it? Did you pay much over what a "stock" example like that would cost? Any obvious mods except for the visual and the induction setup?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Teching In

This is a 99 Camaro with a fresh LS1 motor, it has aluminum ported and polished heads, hardened valves and push rods,,18K on built tranny,with a 4000 stall , Kooks long tube chrome headers, 3" stainless exhaust with turn downs, Z06 corvette wheels, Z06 cam,Z06 intake, MSD wires,342 gears in narrowed posi track rear end(14 1/2 in wide tires in back), this car is set up for nitrous, but has never been sprayed! No dents No Scratches, inside is stock/no modifications,very nice, can be your everyday driver... This is one RADICAL street rod. It is set up right.. alot of money has been spent on this car to get it where it is today. (THIS IS NO KIDS CAR ) Extremely fast

that was the ad, everything i could visually see had been done, it has a noticable aftermarket idle. i paid 7500 for it! just wanted to see if anyone has seen or has any knowledge on this car its a long shot but u never know
Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

looks nice. didn't have any receipts on it? or anything? Idk what else to say. and are you sure it's not just the LS6 intake? they had ls1 intake on the 98 & 99's. i think 00-02's had the ls6 intake.

Got any closer pics of the engine bay?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ls6 intake only came on the 01/02 cars. how does it run? take it to the drag strip, that will tell you what kind of engine work it has (or hasn't). the ls6 cam should not lope, btw.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Teching In

well it developed a rod knock ) : so its coming apart and i will find out if it has the work done and yes i have a closeup let me put it up
Old 02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Old 02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by domestic<import
well it developed a rod knock ) : so its coming apart and i will find out if it has the work done and yes i have a closeup let me put it up
I'm afraid me and the seller would battle. Rod nock seriously? That's messed up. Well if you are join to pull it out and take it apart we'll find out. That sucks man
Old 02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1's are notorious for rod knock. The LS6 cam won't really give you that much lobe, but the headers w/ turndowns will make it pretty loud.

I say once you have it apart, stick a better aftermarket cam in there.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Teching In

oh trust me if it doesnt have the work done that has been stated above then problems he will have for sure!!!!! court will be in session if he doesnt fork over some cash!! but i knew it had a small oil leak when i purchased that he said was coming from the sending unit but of course he said it wasnt that bad, it was pretty bad and it wasnt coming from the sending unit it was coming from the front main seal! i didnt know this at first so i had a few spirited drives in it under weak oil pressure to the bottom end ) : so that may be my fault i am expecting it to be a rod bearing do to low oil pressure so i purchased king rod and main bearings.... we will see what it is tho
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Teching In

i plan on a bigger cam was thinking the ms3
Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Since you are taking it apart then when you find out if it doesn't have the work and you check the heads out and everything else I agree if it isn't take him to court. Then completely rebuild the motor since it's apart anyways. Then it'll be a win situation in some aspect!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Teching In

oh yea deff the plan!! if the work hasnt been done he will get served lol
Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

damn that sucks man.none the less sharp car! the upside to it is when u redo the engine you will know exactly whats been done to it
Old 02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

yea true but hate to take it apart so early
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So....you bought a "hot rod" without documentation, and now it is knocking....and you think you can take the seller to court?

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

You sir, have learned a valuable lesson. DOn't believe ANYONE selling a hot rod....If it isn''t well documented and have reseipts, etc, then it WAS NOT DONE! period...that is how you have to believe.

Dont bother going to court, talking about court or thinking about court. IF you ever actually got a lawyer, he would ask if you have a sellers/buyers agreement that specified that the car had certain work done to it. I can assume you do not??

Just rebuild it, race it, have fun. Lesson learned!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:26 PM
Teching In

SDB, you are absolutley incorrect the law states if the buyer of the vehicle is missinformed or has been purposly mislead on the purchase of a vehicle he is absolutly goin to pay me!!!! he stated the work had been done and if it hasnt he mislead me into purchasing the vehicle, plus did u not read his ad above where he states that that work has been done plus i have numerous text messages that he has stated work that has been done so i would win a court battle hands down!

Oh and please dont come into my thread laughing about a serious matter its not funny to me nor would it be funny to u, so if u have something intelligent to say post away if not stay out
Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

This is a 99 Camaro with a fresh LS1 motor, it has aluminum ported and polished heads, hardened valves and push rods,,18K on built tranny,with a 4000 stall , Kooks long tube chrome headers, 3" stainless exhaust with turn downs, Z06 corvette wheels, Z06 cam,Z06 intake, MSD wires,342 gears in narrowed posi track rear end(14 1/2 in wide tires in back), this car is set up for nitrous, but has never been sprayed! No dents No Scratches, inside is stock/no modifications,very nice, can be your everyday driver... This is one RADICAL street rod. It is set up right.. alot of money has been spent on this car to get it where it is today. (THIS IS NO KIDS CAR ) Extremely fast

that was the ad, everything i could visually see had been done, it has a noticable aftermarket idle. i paid 7500 for it! just wanted to see if anyone has seen or has any knowledge on this car its a long shot but u never know
the above bolded comments would have been a red flag for me when buying, i mean come on chrome headers really? curious if it actually has 14.5 inch tires, is it tubbed? and lastly calling an ls6 cam and 4000 stall radical??

this ad is full of fail...i think you got taken and your gonna have to live with it...
Old 02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

no it has 12.5 inch back tires and again ive owned a supra for years i know nothing about the car all i know is we will be going to court if it doesnt have the stated internal mods
Old 02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

no it has 12.5 inch back tires and again ive owned a supra for years i know nothing about the car all i know is we will be going to court if it doesnt have the stated internal mods
even that doesnt sound right unless those z06s are widened and it would still be super tight back there...**** my 11's rubbed some with BFH mod

i dont think youll get very far in court either imo

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever seen this car????