Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Ohio Street Racing Law

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Ohio Street Racing Law

i dont know how recent this is, but i thought i would post it....

what really gets me, is apparently, if the car is used on a public street, you cannot use nitrous in that car...which apparently means even if you drive the car to the track, use it, then drive it home....i dont know. mabye some law people can deciper it.

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/a...0191-i-128.htm
Old 06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

ttt....if your in ohio, this needs to be stopped...

basically, it brodens the spectrum of the law to unacceptable limits...if you accelerate at all other than what every other grandmother is accelerating...your street racing and your car is gone....also, say goodbye to your street cars with nitrous...
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the bottle in my CETA all the time, it hasn't been an issue yet with the cops down here
Old 06-19-2010, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
I have the bottle in my CETA all the time, it hasn't been an issue yet with the cops down here
if this becomes a law, if you have the bottle in your car, they can get you for falsification and some other ****, because if this passes, you have to sign a waiver saying "you wont use it in a car you drive on the street..." or some ****.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NC had a operation a while back where they actually confiscated peoples cars that were found guilty of street racing. Cant really feel sorry for them, they knew the risks yet still chose to do it. Flat out street racing is stupid, and in more cases then not it results in people either hurting them selfs or worse of all innocent people. People who street race give car guys a bad name. Its not that hard just to take it to the track in a controlled environment.

And as far as the N20, as far as I know its illegal for street use in NC along with most other states, It can be installed and still get through inspection just not suppose be hooked up from what I understand. Its just that cops are not going to pull you over and search your car for it unless you give them a reason to. And really is there any reason to use N20 on the street?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
NC had a operation a while back where they actually confiscated peoples cars that were found guilty of street racing. Cant really feel sorry for them, they knew the risks yet still chose to do it. Flat out street racing is stupid, and in more cases then not it results in people either hurting them selfs or worse of all innocent people. People who street race give car guys a bad name. Its not that hard just to take it to the track in a controlled environment.

And as far as the N20, as far as I know its illegal for street use in NC along with most other states, It can be installed and still get through inspection just not suppose be hooked up from what I understand. Its just that cops are not going to pull you over and search your car for it unless you give them a reason to. And really is there any reason to use N20 on the street?
thats not what gets me....if your guilty of street racing, thats fine, take the car, license etc...but....in ohio, if this law passes, techincally, if you pull out of your driveway, do a 1st gear pull to 40mph, and shut it down, its considered street racing...your license is gone and so is your car. now...not all cops will enforce it i dont think, but insted of having, "excessive display of hp" or "reckless opp", its street racing. end of story..
Old 06-19-2010, 09:37 PM
12 Second Club

this is basically cliff notes for people who do not want to read...

Offense

The bill expands the definition of "street racing" to also include "any exhibition of speed or acceleration that is inconsistent with the normal operation of a vehicle on a public road, street, or highway." In addition, the bill provides that persons rendering assistance or encouragement in any form or manner to the defined competitive use of vehicles must be equally charged as participants (bill's additions to existing law are in italics).
Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search "Ohio street racing" on this forum. This bill was re-written and finalized half a year ago when we all posted on this very subject. There was a huge petition and everything. It's no longer as crazy.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

ok, so **** me right?

i didnt look at the date.

/thread.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Way to just make **** up there. Street racing is at the bottom of injuries and fatalities caused per year. Its over hyped media bullshit due to F&F movies. They call every ricer driving like a dumb **** a street race...and its still statistically less dangerous than texting and driving.

Whats next, they impound cars for failure to signal?

Also I would say that making people sign when they buy nitrous is borderline unconstitutional. Its not the governments ******* job to know what I buy unless its a gun or explosives.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

right on

Originally Posted by ss1129
Way to just make **** up there. Street racing is at the bottom of injuries and fatalities caused per year. Its over hyped media bullshit due to F&F movies. They call every ricer driving like a dumb **** a street race...and its still statistically less dangerous than texting and driving.

Also I would say that making people sign when they buy nitrous is borderline unconstitutional. Its not the governments ******* job to know what I buy unless its a gun or explosives.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Can you even say you know of anyone personally that has hurt/been hurt by street racing? I've been cruising around and watching/doing (some.. lol) street racing for the past like years and I have never EVER heard of anyone, in all of indianapolis and its suburbs, getting hurt, or hurting someone else street racing.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im not sure if they would be able to charge anyone that street races with manslaughter, if there was no crash. How the **** would that make any sense.

And you know what, even with those laws, i would still be doing it. Screw em..
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ethan[ws6]
Can you even say you know of anyone personally that has hurt/been hurt by street racing? I've been cruising around and watching/doing (some.. lol) street racing for the past like years and I have never EVER heard of anyone, in all of indianapolis and its suburbs, getting hurt, or hurting someone else street racing.
Yeah I knew the guy that got killed and caused this bill to be written. ...and it obviously is needed to some extent.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

sorry to hear that, but one person dying doesn't deserve a law to be written.. people die from shark attacks all the time but there isn't a law keeping you out of the oceans. Not trying to be a dick about this or anything, just pointing out the obvious stupidity of this law (at least to the extent that everyone is talking about it)
Old 06-20-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bww3588
ok, so **** me right?

i didnt look at the date.

/thread.

Calm down cheif. I was just informing you that this happened a long time ago. Sorry if I ruined your thread
Old 06-21-2010, 11:58 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by ss1129

Glad to see that at least some people in this country still make sense.

People are just too willing to give up the freedoms and property of themselves and others. Brisk acceleration (and even many actual "street races") on a public road often poses less risk to the public than your average distracted driver on the expressway, and vehicle confiscation for such an offense is laughable. It saddens me that a large portion of people can't see this.

I think before government money is used to write/enforce such laws, that there should be a national law to enforce chastity belt and muzzle installation on all persons that are convicted of prostitution - since prosititues spread disease and are a greater danger to public health, IMO.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Launching!

Street racing is the last of this countries worries right now!

Quick Reply: Ohio Street Racing Law