Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anderson, Indiana area

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anderson, Indiana area

Anyone around the Anderson/Muncie, Indiana area?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

Im from the north side of Indy. There are a lot of us Indy guys over in the Midwest section of LS2.com.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

That's cool. You have any idea where i can find someone to do some Custom Prom tuning around here? I desperatly need it done.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you needing done and to what?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Teching In

I just recently got the Holley Stealth Ram Intake Manifold installed and i have had problems ever since. I am in need of a PROM upgrade and/or a dyno tune for it. It just doesnt run right at all. Its throwing rich fuel code and some other random codes and just not running right in general and i am for sure its the stock PROM not being able to handle all the modifications. I currently have a 1989 IROC Z28 w/ a 350 in it. Summit comp cam (1 up from stock), edelbrock headers, gutted catalytic converter, Holley Stealth Ram, and edelbrock RPM series duel exhaust.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need to go to www.gmtuners.com. I just recently sold my 86 IROC Superramed 383 with all the trimmings and it ran perfectly after it was tuned. There are prolly some things you over looked with your install. It should still run halfway decent those really arent too many mods. If you can get it to Fort Wayne, he can tune it. Hope this helps. I think the only site sponsors that can tune it are Cartek, maybe Speartech which is close to you, and TPIS if they still do thirdgens.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Teching In

It runs good but its running bad times at the track, and throwing wierd codes. I really appreciate it. I will check out GMTuners. Thanks!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Teching In

I would check with Speartech. He is there in Anderson and is a great guy to deal with.

Ryan
Old 09-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PhoenixZ
I would check with Speartech. He is there in Anderson and is a great guy to deal with.

Ryan
I emailed SpearTech and got a reply back saying he does not do TPI setups anymore. So thats out of the question.

As for GMTuners(Sinister) in FT. Wayne i have been emailing him back and fourth and he said he could do it but not until Oct. 18 or after. Here is the email reply he gave to me. IROCBYU tell me what you think.

"Kyle, on the form you submitted, you stated that you want the rev limiter set at 5000rpm. The stealth ram intake should allow the engine to breathe well beyond 5000rpm unlike the stock TPI intake. If the engine is stock, I would recommend a rev limiter setting of 6000rpm to be on the safe side.

Now about the a/f ratio. Quite honestly, I don't see how your car can be running rich. If anything, it should be running on the lean side because you have made many upgrades to improve the engine's breathing. May I ask how you have come to the conclusion your engine is running rich?

About the road testing time. I charge normal shop rate for road testing which is $40/hr. However, the rest of this month and the first half of next month are really bad for me schedule wise because I am moving and getting married so I wouldn't be able to get you in until sometime after October 18th. If you cannot wait that long, I will understand if you have to take it to someone else. If you can wait, let me know.

-ryan"

He still hasnt gave me a price on the custom chip. I continue to ask him but he never answers me on that question. I am going to try one more time to see how much he is going to charge for a custom chip.