Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Jury Duty!!! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jury Duty!!! HELP

I finally got my first notice for jury duty Does anyone know how i can get out of it? Its on California ave, which i heard is not the best area to be in..But honestly i just dont feel like going..Sooo im thinking of telling them im in the process of moving and wont be in the state at that time. So anyone that can help i would appreciate it.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Teching In

I just throw them out. If it doesn't come certified mail and you didn't have to sign for it, that means "you never got it".

If you're a student though, tell them and they waive it upon you proving you're taking classes.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont believe it came certified mail..ill have to check....Wont they just keep sending them to me if i throw them out?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

shoot your lucky i believe in cali if you don't show up in jury duty they can arrest you and suspend your license for not showing up.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:50 PM
Import Patrol

You get off easy. I get them from the state of michigan everyother year. (I have a mich drivers lic). I usually tell them I am taking care of my ill father in Illinois (not true) and that is good enough to get out of it.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Send it back to them and say your decision would be biased because you are racist. I did, never got another one again
Old 07-28-2006, 03:19 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Originally Posted by Matt D
Send it back to them and say your decision would be biased because you are racist. I did, never got another one again
Yea your right but your opinion doesn't matter till you get there and then they will pick who they want.As for the letters i kepet throwing mine out till they sent a certifide one and my dumb *** girlfreind signed for it.Needless to say i got stuck doing it.But the good side is you don't have to do it for a long time.Chances are your going to atleast have to show up for the day and your going to have to be negative as hell and then they won't pick ya.Good luck it sucks.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:24 PM
14 Second Truck Club

26th and cal isnt soo bad, its only about 1 mile form the highway. I wouldnt move there though.
I hate jury duty, I just throw them out.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

so u guys thing i should just toss it out and not worry about it..I was thinking of getting a doctors note for it, cause i kinda have a social phobia and i cant handle being around big groups of people in a confined space cause i will have an anxiety attack..But I will just throw it out i think, and hope they dont send me one back for a while.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got one like 6-7 months ago. Tossed it and haven't heard **** since.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:37 PM
14 Second Truck Club

A few years ago I got one, threw it out, and they resent it about 3 times then sent me a final notice saying I could be charged with something if I didnt show- I threw that out too.

Last month I got another letter and ignored it, they rescheduled me for a couple of weeks from now, I do not plan on going.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Just have your employer type a letter saying they don't pay for time lost because of jury duty. Then you send a letter saying it would cause financial hardship if you missed work.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JacobK
so u guys thing i should just toss it out and not worry about it..I was thinking of getting a doctors note for it, cause i kinda have a social phobia and i cant handle being around big groups of people in a confined space cause i will have an anxiety attack..But I will just throw it out i think, and hope they dont send me one back for a while.
Good thing you dont have any back seats riding around in an F-Body with 4 people sounds like something that could cause a socail anexity attack.

Quick Reply: Jury Duty!!! HELP