Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any Ohioans pass E-Check w/ LT's & ORY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any Ohioans pass E-Check w/ LT's & ORY?

Im just curious even though it doesnt matter where I live. I did a 5 gas analyzer in my engine performance class today on my Formula. I passed all the levels of NOX, CO, C02, O2. I think I did pretty bad w/ hydrocarbons which is unburnt fuel. I plan on doing a few more mods before I tune it w/ HP Tuners. Anyway, just curious if anybody passed w/ LT's & ORY?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default .

Hi, it would be pretty tough to pass. A buddy tried it w/ LT's and ORY and failed twice. You WILL get sent out of e-check if you have no cats. At least have some gutted ones or some shells clamped around the y-pipe because they look EVERY time. I work right next to North Royalton e-check in a private garage and I take prolly 3-5 cars a week through there. You will get sent out for them. luckily Leo from GMR Speed told me that my car qualified for Ohio Collectors Plates. Now I don't need inspected or go through e-check again. Depending on what year your Formula is, you may be able to get the plates. Call up the Ohio Bureaue of Motor Vehichles. Tell them your car, they will look it up and tell you on the spot. It took not even 3 weeks to get my plates back. Hope some info helps

Have a good one.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

I applied for collector plates for my car, that way I didn't have to worry about the E-Check test. Since Pontiac no longer makes the Trans Am, it's considered by the state of Ohio as a collector vehicle. As long as you have another vehicle titled in your name (like I have an SUV I drive in winter) they will issue you collector plates.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have e-check! lol its awesome...
Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

i thought e-check was done with for ohio?

meh, i never had to do it....thank god lol
Old 01-10-2007, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by goodrich969
I dont have e-check! lol its awesome...

Me neither but just checking my options if/when it comes back to other counties besides the Cleveland Area. I'll most likely try for the collector plates anyway b/c its my collector. I should apply for my 90 TA also. Thanks guys
Old 01-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Well I've taken 3 cars in the past couple of months to get E-Checked and they must be getting ready to do away with it, because they aren't charging to do them anymore but I had my SUV fail the test because of the gas cap... That was slightly irritating. I hope they do get rid of them for good.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Default .

Ohio did away with charging for testing for about a year. Apparently they use the extra taxes on ciggarettes to fund it (or maybe it was a settlement w/ the cigg co., It's late and i can't remember which one it was, lol). I read in the newspaper, that by december '07 they are soposed to be gone, but I was talking to the head guy at North Royalton e-check while I was waiting for a customer car to go through, and he said that was bullshit. There is no set date, and really, no talk about getting rid of it. Only gossip and ****. Thats just what I was told

Mark Jr.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

My car had the factory cats on it when I got tested last July - they never did a visual to see if it had them. Just plugged in the OBD-II port then sent me on my way.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

Default .

Originally Posted by Zzzzz
My car had the factory cats on it when I got tested last July - they never did a visual to see if it had them. Just plugged in the OBD-II port then sent me on my way.
Well, the one I work by are run by a bunch of dumbf*cks. Right before I left work an hour ago, someone pulled in w/ a riced out Tibouron because he got sent away for having no cats or egr and asked us if we would put all his stock stuff back on for him so he could run it through and rip it all off again. I know that there is one on the east side that is the "easy" one to get passed through.

have a good one
Old 01-12-2007, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

They still have it in the cleveland area.

My camaro passed with mac headers and a TR230 cam! They did the OBDII plug-in test so as long as your pcm is programmed right and they don't look for cats, you'll pass.

Quick Reply: Any Ohioans pass E-Check w/ LT's & ORY?