Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

seat belt ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat belt ticket question

on so back in nov. i got pulled over and got a seat belt ticket well the cop was being a dick and only pulled me over because i was a young "kid" in a fast car but the only thing he could get me on was a seat belt violation so i didnt pay it well someone just told me that there is a chance that my license could be supened (sp) for not paying this , is this true anyone know ? thanks guys
Old 03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

When I was under 18 y/o I got a seatbelt ticket for basically the same reason as you described. The ticket was considered a none moving violation so it was treated different than the speeding tickets at court that same day. I know that if you do not pay tickets in general your license can be put under suspension. I believe parking tickets fall under this category as well so I would assume that there is a good chance you would lose your license. I think you can also have a bench warrant issued for none payment of tickets.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can also put the fine(s) to a collection agency and screw up your credit. Why would you just decide to not pay a ticket? If there's one thing I've learned about tickets...unless you are going to be able to get out of it very easily for some reason or another, just pay it and get it over with. You're not going to prove anything to anyone by refusing to pay a safety ticket
Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 AM
JUICED96Z

Be smart... pay the ticket....

Mine was $25 for seat belt. Paid it and that was it.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

just pay it
Old 03-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

1. Pay your tickets
2. Wear your seat belt.
3. You might want to contact a lawyer and ask for advice. There may be a way for you to pay the ticket even though it is late and not have any problems with the court like losing your license. It might require a lawyer to contact the court and make some sort of deal.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely forgot about a ticket once. When I remembered I went and turned myself in. I paid an extra 100$ bond. I got a new court date, paid my fine, got my 100$ bond back in the mail. No harm, no foul.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 AM
Launching!

My best bud, got pulled over for not having his seat belt ticket, he didn't pay it for 6 months, and then they suspended his license untill he went to court paid the 35$ ticket plus like 400 in legal fees.

long story short, pay the cheap ticket, wear your belt cause wether you believe it or not, it does save you in wrecks. And drive safe :-) or safe when around cops anyhow :-)
Old 03-04-2007, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

i got a seatbelt ticket in my ta over the summer just pay the ticket it was $55 for me i paid it and that was it. it doesnt affect your insurance because it is not a moving violation
Old 03-04-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

pay the ticket. wear your seatbelt. the seatbelt will actually feel good to put on after awhile.

first thing monday morning call whoever and either be honest or lie a little and say you forgot, but either way apologize up and down and make arrangements to get it paid and kept from being reported to the credit bureaus.

screwing your credit up is far far worse than getting your license suspended. even if you end up getting screwed out of your license for awhile, really try to keep that off your credit report.

i did stupid **** like that when i was younger, and messing up your credit rating will flat out make some stuff later in life a complete pain in the *** and keep you from being able to finance cool stuff at a rate you can afford.

Quick Reply: seat belt ticket question