Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:42 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks again to ken for letting ous all use your house and for providing the lunch to, (very much apperciated) and to chad and pat for there great help and expert tuning abilities and great patience they had this time. thanks to all who came out and got fixed, or just tuned up a little. just to let everyone know, or who cares, my truck went from A/F mixture 21:1+ to 14.4 after chad was done. talk about a 25hp+ gain. the truck runs alot better now, and will get alot better fuel mileage. thanks again chad/pat.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad everything worked out guys. Thanks again Ken for hosting the session. Keep us informed of how everything is going as we like to know.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BANDIT8
how many showed up?
about 12 i think he tuned like 9 cars....and was done by 4 pm not 4 am!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott/Chad....what was the problem with the car and what was changed to get it to hit hard off the line???????????? Glad to hear it is better! I would not pay a dime to Yank to fix that ******* converter. After all the money and time I had in labor, shipping, and paying Yank, they should come over and install a new one for free. If they want you to spend money, tell them to **** off and that your getting a Vigilante converter.

Be careful when you hit the bottle now in 1st gear, I think it might feel a little different now that you can brake stall it to over 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Teching In

It was nice meeting everyone yesterday! thanks Joe for introducing me and inviting me, thank you kenny for hosting it and for the lunch. i appreciate it very much, and thanks to chad and pat for driving to fort waye to tune everyone's cars. i had alot of fun. thanks again
Old 08-13-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDB
Scott/Chad....what was the problem with the car and what was changed to get it to hit hard off the line???????????? Glad to hear it is better! I would not pay a dime to Yank to fix that ******* converter. After all the money and time I had in labor, shipping, and paying Yank, they should come over and install a new one for free. If they want you to spend money, tell them to **** off and that your getting a Vigilante converter.

Be careful when you hit the bottle now in 1st gear, I think it might feel a little different now that you can brake stall it to over 3000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When we tuned it when you owned it, it would brake stall just fine and blow them off anything under 50mph. After we tried it for the first time on Sunday, it would hardly move. It was ripping timing out when you stalled it causing it to fall flat on its face (5*).... Now it sees a solid 20*+ when you launch.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:43 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

the owner of the black z (mike v.) is very happy now. with my new t/b i tried on it (thanks wilson manifolds) and you finding a little more hp in the tune, it pulls hard guys. thanks again chad. it sounds like pat, really wants to step it up after woodward.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks again, Chad. Hopefully the computer doesn't un-learn or whatever and do it again.

I haven't called Yank yet, but will tomorrow. I'm thinking about just getting a Vig 3800 triple disc and not even messing with the Yank. By the time I ship it and pay to have it repaired, I'm only a couple hundred bucks from the price of a new one (Yank). Speed Inc quoted me $925 shipped for the Vig 3800 triple disc and no sales tax, too. Gotta call TJ and see about his schedule.

Anybody know of another sponsor that might beat that deal?

Anyone else want to chime in with an opinion recommending a different converter?

PI says the triple disc will handle 1600 hp. They said I could lock the converter in 3rd gear. Good idea, or is that asking for transmission breakage? If locked in 3rd, how much more power would be getting to the wheels? 30 hp? Less? More?
Old 08-13-2007, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Well on a high note about doug's car I took a small video of it trying to idle....

After Ken's party Mike and I went out and tested and tried getting his car to hook up....Here is a video of him burning out and launching

Old 08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
11 Second Club

If you didn't figure it out just click on the picture for video
Old 08-13-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

No race video? What's Mike's car weigh?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:37 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Well on a high note about doug's car I took a small video of it trying to idle....

After Ken's party Mike and I went out and tested and tried getting his car to hook up....Here is a video of him burning out and launching

looks like those adjustments i made, sure seemed to help. did he flash the convertor or just mash it from an idle nate? you ******* never seem to call me when you wanna beat on it, only just when you wanna work on it hah.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
looks like those adjustments i made, sure seemed to help. did he flash the convertor or just mash it from an idle nate? you ******* never seem to call me when you wanna beat on it, only just when you wanna work on it hah.

Thats just flooring it... His convertor wasn't letting him on that pavement stall it up much. 1500 rpm max before it wanted to spin... Sorry Joe it was a last minute thing

Scott his car is still full weight with only the spare tire deleted. Its probably alot heavier then yours. Thats my guess at least, only becouse he has the moser 12bolt with 35 spline axles Need to go weight thats for sure.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

nasty i got a check here for you...thanks for the hospitality kenny! and a big thanx to pat and chad glad 3rd pulled hard...when i had 3rd.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:59 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Anyone else want to chime in with an opinion recommending a different converter?

May be a little high on the stall, Vig's tend to stall higher than rated. Make sure to talk to Vicky at P.I. and really pick her brain about the stall speed!

PI says the triple disc will handle 1600 hp. They said I could lock the converter in 3rd gear. Good idea, or is that asking for transmission breakage? If locked in 3rd, how much more power would be getting to the wheels? 30 hp? Less? More?[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and lock it in 3rd, tranny will handle it. Don't ever think in terms of rwhp with this car....its a 4 speed auto with high stall and big tires. It will be faster when its locked than unlocked., know that and don't think in terms of hp, it just doesn't make sense when dealing with a big stall auto car....rwhp is for manual tranny cars, and the more they talk about rwhp, the slower they tend to be in the 1/4 mile! Don't try to lock it on the dyno, good way to break ****...

Take it to the track and see what it does now with the correct timing! Spray the bitch at the top of first and get a 9.9 run.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:26 AM
10 Second Club

As far as the stall speed, I was thinking that a 3800 Vig would stall like the PT4000 which we know was pretty nasty. I'll call PI before I do anything, though.

I can't wait for some cooler weather so I can get to the track again.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:47 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

no bigger than 4000 stall. that's all i'm saying.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Honestly, if you wanted to not use the nitrous, I would get the PT4400 Yank. If you want to use Nitrous, get the Vigilante multidisc 3400-3600. The car would be at least 10.9 on motor with the Yank PT4400...possibly faster. Should go 9.90 with Vig on the spray though.

SDB
Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

I emailed Yank and haven't heard back yet. If I do switch to Vig, it'll be the 3600 or the 3800. Hopefully, Yank will be able to advise me as to how long they'd have the converter and how much to repair it. I also need to know that it won't happen again if they do repair the converter. I wouldn't be surprised if they recommend going to the PYE series. That's what you (and I) thought it should have before you sold the car. It'd suck to be without the car for 3, or more weeks now that it's so awesome WOT. Oh well.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

So, it feels like it "uesed to"....I never got it to "feel" great off the line with the new tires. DO they hook well below 50 mph....the other ones didn't! I assume it hooks perect at about 30 mph if the tires are warm and 20-25 psi in them...If you can't run a 1.4X-1.5X short time now, then your the worst driver in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let it get down to low 70's/high 60's and rip it up at the track. What was it exactly that was causing the timing retard....some sort of false knock from the converter? DId chad do away with the knock sensors or desensitize them?

Good to hear it is back to running right. Now all it needs is a 454 LSX motor, ETP 265 heads, sheet aluminum intake and a direct port 350 shot, and TH400....unless your a big ***** of course....

Quick Reply: Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd