Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welp been off here a min...but got the richmond gears, race, and new bearing ordered today. So hopfully by end of the week or next the bird be up and running again. Im not sure but if your a good mechanic and its just the gears that are messed up...how many hours you think ill be looking at as in labor? as in shimming it and setting the backlash haha. i ask cuz the labor is going to be the bitch of me paying for haha....just trying to get a good idea on how much ill be looking at
Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
10 Second Club

IMO, I have seen people do them for 200 and others charge up to 500 for a rear gear change. Just depends who and where you go man. 300 is about right though.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

a guy up in MI did it for 550 but he had a garuentee not to break so 250-350 is fair i would say. I did mine myself pretty much with floor jacks and its a pain if you can get it on a lift you can do it in maybe 4 -6 hrs.. make sure you have all the parts! I replaced the axle bearings and seals too. clean your tubes out too
Old 05-24-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh got my car dyno tuned yesterday gained 74 HP!!! pro dyno tech up in crafords is the man. he does awesome work fixed all my problems and gave me a great price (hes a teacher where i go to school) oh yeah laid down 501 / 538 TQ with a nice TQ curve
Old 05-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Man really not to bring u down by no means...but had mine dynoed year half ago there. Mine put down 430/425 with mods in sig. Only I had tds dumped befor the axel. Ok on that note I have changed to a slp catback and ypipe, and put a ported tb on. I went to get my car REtuned at mikes motorsports to lean it out. Mike did an awsome job. And my final numbers were 408/395 I think of top my head that was a FULL tune. So ii say that guys dyno reads WAY high. Another ocurance is I have a buddie with a stock srt. R it put down over 300 hp and 325 tq no it not right most my friends here in town have high hp neons and they say there not abel to handle that much on stock set up computer would pull to much back. So beileve wat u want again I'm not knocking ur numbers by no means just sayin take it to another tuner for some pulls and u may be disapointed....
Old 05-24-2010, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000ws6transam
oh got my car dyno tuned yesterday gained 74 HP!!! pro dyno tech up in crafords is the man. he does awesome work fixed all my problems and gave me a great price (hes a teacher where i go to school) oh yeah laid down 501 / 538 TQ with a nice TQ curve
Sounds like you have a very nice setup. As for the numbers, They seem to be pretty close to what I'd expect honestly. Being a stroker and a 6 Speed car, I can see that power coming out of them.
However, I have seen a couple of cars that have came out of there with INFLATED Dyno Numbers and run **** poor at the track. I'm not gonna throw the guys' info out there, But it is what it is. & I'm Not knocking the guy. BC I know he is VERY knowledge-able and is a good guy to have on your side, But I'm just saying from first hand experience I have seen a couple cars that didn't run what they should have ran with the dyno #'s they Produce! And Traction was not a limiting factor, BC They have Hooked just as good as me if not better. 1.6x 60's and better! So thats not the issue!
Just my .02... But I have heard from Many people he has a HAPPY Dyno!
EITHER WAY, Just get it to a track and see what it runs. I would love to see how well it does with a Very Street Friendly (small) cam like the one you have in there.
If you can get it into the mid 11's at 12x mph with limited traction, I'd believe it's making the power.
Either way, It's gonna be a blast to drive I bet!
Glad you are happy with it too BTW!
Post some pics and videos of it if you will. I'd love to see some!

James
Old 05-24-2010, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i dont know what to say i was expecting the numbers i got i guess. Use to street race alot and never lost lol 600+ HP stange lightnings vipers R 6's ...im happy ith the car over all even if the dyno is high. i would imagine with the hp to weight i would be running 12s 11s with slicks. ran my car many times for about the first 6 years i owned it i retired from the track
Old 05-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Haha 11s like 6 years ago?? Cuz what u got now maybe knockin on 10s door with slicks ...I got a 11.8 on mt et streets...ud spank my car....well deff with no rear in it haha
Old 05-24-2010, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

I'm not saying you do not a 500 whp car. I'm just sayin that some people get high dyno numbers from Ron. If you are happy, That is all that matters honestly. WE CAN BENCH RACE ALL DAY ABOUT HOW FAST YOUR CAR IS OR HOW FAST IT SHOULD BE> But in the end it's your car and as long as you are happy who cares. Hell My car is probably a 500whp car and it has been beaten, and it's gone low 11's and high 10's once! I don't make it to the track but a few times a year myself. My car is a street car. Not a Race car.
But I appologize if I came off wrong, But I was just backing up what Travis was saying. With every tuner your gonna hear good and bad. It's part of it. Is Ron a good guy, does he do good work, is he smart, etc. etc. etc... YES! IMO!
But to each their own. Just remember dyno numbers do not mean everything, It's how the car performs that matters.

James
Old 05-24-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
...If you are happy, That is all that matters.
...Just remember dyno numbers do not mean everything, it's how the car performs that matters.
James
Very good, James.
I'm building a race bike this year, so I haven't been around much. But it is nice to see that you are dispensing good advice.
Peace.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

for sure, since i met ron he has done nothing but help me give me advice on how to tune what i need, exc..gave me a great deal and invited me back with all my friends for a dyno day even. So i have to back him 100% not to mention my car runs awesome at any speed open, closed loop and P/E
Old 05-25-2010, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

2000ws6transam: I feel you there man. I am loyal to my tuners as well. And when someone goes beyond what you would expect from a tuner, It gets to the point where you should back him 100%.

I have not met him Personally, although I have friends who SWEAR by him. And that's their oppinion. Hell from what I have heard, I know he is talented and he has never even touched my car. Would I consider him for tuning my car. Yes! But it's too far of a drive for me, when I have a Very talented guy to tune my car thats only 15 minutes away! Mike Norris MotorSports.
Chad at GLM did the tune thats on my car now, and he is out of the game, or I would be going back to him. He did an AMAZING job on my car last year! And he even kept it for a week to make sure it was correct!

George, Thanks Man!
Hope you get the Bike Back together and hope you can make it to the southside sometime soon bro! It's always nice hanging out with the guys'
Take Care and I will see you sometime this summer.
BTW, Alex came to the meet Saturday. He surprised the $hit outta me. I'm glad to see he's still hanging around.

James
Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

This may be a long shot but does anyone know who drive's the red with black berger ls1 z28 with black c6 wheel's? I ran him a couple of time's heading north on 37 was just kinda curious to the mod's he had it was my second death in 2 day's the first one being to a 370z thanks...john.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Launching!

hey boys check out my new MOD!!! See james this is what it looks like when you make real power bahahahaha...ya right haha
Old 05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Hey guys. Just wanted to post up and let everyone know that this friday night at Muncie Dragway, RPM Transmissions is sponsoring a winner-take-all, baddest car on D.O.T. tires race. Winner walks away with $1000 in their pocket. It is $40 to race and $10 to watch. It will be fun for all! There will be some really fast cars out to take on the $1000 RPM Transmission class along with the 6.0, 6.5, and 7.0 1/8 mile index racing that will be going at the same night. Everyone should come out and enjoy a great night at the drag strip! Here is more info about the event on the front page of Muncie Dragway's home page. Hope to see you all there!

http://www.munciedragway.com/
Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jmofield
This may be a long shot but does anyone know who drive's the red with black berger ls1 z28 with black c6 wheel's? I ran him a couple of time's heading north on 37 was just kinda curious to the mod's he had it was my second death in 2 day's the first one being to a 370z thanks...john.
Hey man whats up, that was me. Mods are in my sig below, I started to post that up but thought there was no way you were on here, haha small world! Your stock or close to it arent you?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by t/a for life
hey boys check out my new MOD!!! See james this is what it looks like when you make real power bahahahaha...ya right haha
lol, Yeah I've been there man. Except the Awesome LTJuan powah grenaded 4 10 bolts (With an Auto) lmfao.
It sucks for sure, But you'll get it back on the road here soon enough man!

James
Old 05-25-2010, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by YellowB4Z
Hey guys. Just wanted to post up and let everyone know that this friday night at Muncie Dragway, RPM Transmissions is sponsoring a winner-take-all, baddest car on D.O.T. tires race. Winner walks away with $1000 in their pocket. It is $40 to race and $10 to watch. It will be fun for all! There will be some really fast cars out to take on the $1000 RPM Transmission class along with the 6.0, 6.5, and 7.0 1/8 mile index racing that will be going at the same night. Everyone should come out and enjoy a great night at the drag strip! Here is more info about the event on the front page of Muncie Dragway's home page. Hope to see you all there!

http://www.munciedragway.com/
This could turn into a very fun night for sure. I may try to go!
I wish I had the 9 inch. I'd compete. But Muncie is too far to push my camaro back home if it breaks. lol
Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 AM
12 Second Club

id like to check this muncie thing out, anyone else plan on going?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this at Muncie??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tohd3IEui78

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!