Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

stupid deer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid deer.

well, I hit a deer tonight

I was 5 minutes north of Davenport (iowa) going back to Dubuque and smoked a deer at 75 mph.

My boyfriend was talking to me and I watching the road and BAM! out of nowhere, this damn deer jumped out in front of us. I screamed "OHHH MY GODDDDDD!!" like a the bitch I am.... and after we hit it my boyfriend finally got a chance to see what happened and yelled "WHAT THE FUUUUUCK!"

well, there was a van full of high school boys and coach coming back from a track meet behind us... they saw the whole thing and stopped after it happened.

apparently my car was like a shovel... scooped the deer right up and threw it in the air 15 ft. Everyone was saying they saw the deer split into two pieces...

so. my passenger headlight is GONE. ripped the metal cover back so that's on the hood now and i have NO GLASS from the light or anything. nothing but exposed wires.... broke off pieces of the hood, messed up the bumper, and took out the fender. oh and did i mention there's **** all over the windshield and blood everywhere else.

Oh. Keep in mind.... MY CAR WAS ALL REPAINTED TWO WEEKS AGO!!!

car sounds a bit funny under the hood... ran fine the rest of the way back to dubuque... but when it's light out i'll be able to see it better....

pics will be up soon!

I gotta finish up this silo i'm drinking... mmm Bud light... fixes everything and calms me down
Old 04-27-2008, 12:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Pics of damaged car with you next to it, please.

I kid. That really sucks, I'm sorry to hear. I dropped a dear doing about 60 in my old GTP once, ****** tried to jump over me and basically was flung up in the air by me hitting it. People from florida stopped behind me and were more shaken up than I was. I was ******* furious, though. I remember that.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear this, a deer messed up my car to back in October.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Teching In

yeah i've never hit a deer before... had a ton of close calls but never nailed one. I didnt even have time to react. I braced myself and it was over... I guess maybe it was a good thing that I hit it and the van full of high school track kids didnt.... I mean, what if the driver of the van hit it and lost control? Maybe it was meant to happen like this.

OH well. Nobody is hurt... and the car can be fixed... just sucks that the car was repainted two weeks ago... ahhhhH!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

wow...sorry to hear about that.

glad to hear you or your passenger where not hurt
Old 04-27-2008, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that - lost my 99WS6 last October because of a deer and a racoon..... took up deer hunting
Old 04-27-2008, 07:15 PM
10 Second Club

i have seen semi's smoke a deer and my mom smoked one in a trailblazer. i have been lucky in my jeep. hope everything gets repaired again and glad to hear you both are ok.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Teching In

one week before it happened (after I got the car repainted and put on a flowmaster exhaust)

I think my car held up pretty good considering I was doing 75mph when I hit it.

drivers fender

bitch ran off with my headlight and everything inside it too lol

my 21st birthday is Sunday (may 4th) Happy birthday to me I guess....

ugh..
Old 04-28-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

I have known of and or heard of people that ended up with the dear IN the car threw the front glass.

Car took it fairly well, next time slow down Glad you both are ok.

Paint can be fixed, antlers to the head can't.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Teching In

hah yeah... i was just keeping up with traffic tho.

I ended up breaking down and crying because of "what could have happened" got to me... I've been thinking over the "WHAT IF" thing all last night and all day today...

i'm exhausted...
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

You will be ok, just remember that you are alive. I almost died more then a few times. Its a bad feeling.

I knew a guy years and years back and his parents let him take the KIA SUV out for the first time by himself, hit a deer that night and it did not kill it but messed it up, he had to watch a Marine I was with shoot it and then we had to go explain everything to his parents. They took it rather well and did nothing but say they were glad he was ok hahaha, kia was pretty beat up!

Be carefull cleaning anything on the car that may have deer parts of fluids on it.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh ya deer arent fun... i hit one dead on in my truck doin about 75 on the highway about a year ago at about 3 in the morning...12 point buck that weighed about 260 lbs... headin back from my friends's house way out in the country.. and all i thought about was what if... it sucked big time and did a lot of damage to the truck and cut me up pretty good because of the air bags and the glass that shattered with the windshield... not a fun time at all, and i was gonna leave like 5 min. beforehand with a couple of my friends, but unfortunately i didn't and ended up eating it... but the truck still ran after the hit somehow, and its actually still on the road today, and i also got my car out of the situation... so hopefully everything works out for ya
Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW im sorry to see that and yeah that sucks you just got the car painted espicially since im sure you were drivng slow and trying to keep that fresh paint look nice and now this had to happen but atleast both of you are ok which is the main thing. Hey atleast when insurance fix's it your paint will match since its so new so thats 1 positive thing
Old 04-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Teching In

thanks...

so i just got the estimate... only $2800. I think that's pretty cheap!!

No wonder my insurance company sent me to that body shop..... gotta save some "mun mun"

Old 04-28-2008, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

Make sure those suckers fix that thing right. Don't party too hard on your B day lol.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Teching In

hah dont worry i will. I'll check it over a centimeter at a time (this things my baby... i notice everything)

I need to make sure they check the radiator and all that fun stuff. When I was sitting in the drive thru before I heard a ticking noise...

That's why I dont get how they only see 2800 in damage... hmm whatever, as long as they fix EVERYTHING and dont screw me over (just because i'm a chick)
Old 04-29-2008, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Sucks about your car but happy bday on sunday. The 21st is always the best!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Resident

hope the deer was insured lol jk sorry to hear about your car and happy bday
Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Launching!

Glad to see you're okay. Damn nice ride by the way. It can and will be fixed don't worry about that. I drive trucks cross country and can't even begin to tell you how many I come across dead on the road. I nailed one in my last dd back in November (05 G35 sedan) doing about 55 taking one of my buddy's to get his Z28, Screwed my hood up pretty bad and rattled the hell out of us. Those things are freakin stupid for real. Everything will work out don't trip.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Teching In

hey question for ya guys...

So the body shop called me yesterday and told me my hood I have isnt "factory"... so they wont be putting the same one on. Well, I bought it like that in Chicago... but this guy is saying when he ran my VIN it didnt say anything about the hood looking like that....

so now we're arguing... and I told him to put the one I had on otherwise it would decrease the value of my car...blablabla...

so, does the formula come with the "non functional" ram hood?