Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is no drug in the world better than nitro, period. I may be a little biased though.

I'm back from the Nationals qualifying, I got enough of a nitro fix to tide me over till October for the T/F bikes in Norwalk; if all goes well the new bike will be done and I'll be working on a team again. Nothing better than standing at the line getting hit with rubber watching a motorcycle on 96% nitro slamming out a 5 second pass, yeehaw.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCattSS
Like this slowr!
That is such an awesome pic. I'm glad you were able to come up there with me. Do you remember all the crowds waving at us? What a blast!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:05 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS1875
It is done, no problem.
Thanks D.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
That is such an awesome pic. I'm glad you were able to come up there with me. Do you remember all the crowds waving at us? What a blast!!!!!!
LOL Mark, Bud, Rick, and Shannon Tell them Rob said whats up and good luck.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

The car is almost completed....a few small things to clean up and she will be rocking.

BIG THANK YOU TO NATE FOR A JOB WELL DONE....wouldn't be this far without him. I would recommend him to anyone.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Azar, Ramon, Beast and I went up to the car show today... holy **** were we out of our element. There were ~7 cars (including our 4) out of 70+ that even had fuel injection. We were much hated upon by the judges. Oh well.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Teching In

haha, did you get a lot of questions as to why your corvettes were so small? poor azar... can we put a US postage service sign on the side of your car?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Did you happen to get up there around 9pm cuz there was a silver Z28 with black c5 z06 wheels that I think I've seen before. Also if it was you, why was your car dying and you had to push it into your parking spot sort of away from the other cars?
That was me. No idea, never done that before until last night when I was infront of a ton of people. It was acting like it was running too rich and flooding... then would run fine until I would let it idlefor more than 30 secs...and then start dying again. I unhooked the battery for 10 mins and it has run fine since.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Azar, Ramon, Beast and I went up to the car show today... holy **** were we out of our element. There were ~7 cars (including our 4) out of 70+ that even had fuel injection. We were much hated upon by the judges. Oh well.
Overall it was a good time. I'm most def hooked on LSx's now
Old 08-30-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Hey Im related to the poyser's/halters. Jerry is my grandfather, which is Bud's brother! Did not recognize the car at first, looks sweet btw!!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Hey Im related to the poyser's/halters. Jerry is my grandfather, which is Bud's brother! Did not recognize the car at first, looks sweet btw!!
Mark is a good friend of mine. He works for O'Neils glass and installs all of our windshields. Bud is a hell of a nice guy and i am glad that i know him.

Did you hear about his run at nationals on Friday. They broke a rocker at 1000' boost spiked wiped out the cam and spun two mains. I feel so bad for them. I give them so much credit though. They go out break **** and dont ever quit. Soon they will pervail and get some wins.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krobinson123
That was me. No idea, never done that before until last night when I was infront of a ton of people. It was acting like it was running too rich and flooding... then would run fine until I would let it idlefor more than 30 secs...and then start dying again. I unhooked the battery for 10 mins and it has run fine since.
Check out your MAF sensor; I had similar behavior when mine needed cleaned.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:14 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Check out your MAF sensor; I had similar behavior when mine needed cleaned.
It's "speed density" tune, NO maf on car? Hey Blake, I have an issue with the #1 fuel injector that it keeps leaking on the fuel rails you sold to scott massey? Did you have any issues with this?
Old 08-31-2008, 02:31 AM
TECH Regular

Yea I have no MAF, turns out the problem still exists. It comes and goes, it will start to stumble at idle and when I give it gas it will die. Then I can let it sit for 2 mins and it will start right up and seems to drive fine. I'm assuming its a tuning issue but I have no idea, kinda acts like its not getting fuel
Old 08-31-2008, 08:28 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
It's "speed density" tune, NO maf on car? Hey Blake, I have an issue with the #1 fuel injector that it keeps leaking on the fuel rails you sold to scott massey? Did you have any issues with this?
Why the **** did Massey replace the stock fuel rails on the Camaro? He isnt needing thekind of fuel supply that requires an aftermarket rail system??????? More aftermarket **** to go wrong!!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last night was dead for the most part. I was expecting to see a bigger crowd than that. I heard Friday was even more dead. (It could have something to do that I did see a few fast cars come up, look at all the Subaru's parked up there, and left).

Hopefully more people will be out tonight. Who all is going to be up?
Old 08-31-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll prolly be out again tonight but, not til later.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JPH
LOL, didn't catch that it was an SD tune, that would pretty eliminate the MAF being the issue than, wouldn't it?

No, I didn't have any issues with the injectors on those rails. Only problem I ever had was a cut in the o-ring on number 7, but that was because I nicked it removing it from my old rails. You may try swapping the way that that brackets that hold that rail to the intake are oriented to pull the rail a little closer to the intake; I hadn't

tried them with a FAST before, so I installed them the same way they were on my LS1 intake; perhaps the FAST needs them oriented the other way (their aluminum intake has them in that manner).

I did talk to Pro-Products and they stated they've tested them with FAST intakes and didn't have any issues, so it certainly should be workable.

Kyle, if you want to borrow my tuner, it can scan any car, if it's something obvious you can probably see it.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Drove the car last night. Checked for any leak/moisture @ the injector several times. Seemed nice and dry to me. Went WOT a couple times too, just to make sure no leaks/moisture after the pressure spike from the second pump.

My cheap, inexpensive, bling-only mod hasn't been quite the bargain I thought it would be. Now I just need the new Hobbs installed/setup. Hopefully, Nate can do that when he installs the new adjustable LCAs.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Last night was dead for the most part. I was expecting to see a bigger crowd than that. I heard Friday was even more dead. (It could have something to do that I did see a few fast cars come up, look at all the Subaru's parked up there, and left).

Hopefully more people will be out tonight. Who all is going to be up?
it could also be that it's labor day weekend. although i understand an STi with a bunch of sponsorship stickers can be intimidating.

seemed like a fairly decent night, missing a few of the usuals, I was expecting ricky martin to be out.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!