Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to be rude, but why are all of these people with out gm v8's starting b*tchfest on a gm v8 website. Move it to FWR if your going to do that.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Starfire1
Teflon paste casues NO corrosion or corrosive effect.
That's awesome then.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Not to be rude, but why are all of these people with out gm v8's starting b*tchfest on a gm v8 website. Move it to FWR if your going to do that.
My apologies. I'm a ghost.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

your fine man, but I just noticed a lot of the people joining are just coming on here and having a "My car is faster than yours" despute and none of their cars have a v8 OR are gm. Its cool that your on here cause most of us hang out. Jerry, I don't see anything wrong with coming on here and checking out the site and talking to people you have meet at halls, helping them out, and getting more info for yourself. I hope you see where I am coming from JMO
Old 09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Teching In

I understand what you are saying. I didn't mean to give people the idea that I'm here to bench race. The reason I'm here is because everyone I really hang out with at halls is on here, and I happened to get along rather well with most of the GM owners that are on this forum, regardless of owning/driving/building a Ford. That's a big thing to me; I don't plan on bench racing considering 99% of the cars on here will most surely whoop my little Fox; and the disguised 1% probably have more than a good chance.

I'm only here on a friend-to-friend basis.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Thats cool man, I don't see anything wrong with that. I just noticed a lot of post lately that are desputes and none of those people own a gm vehicle with a v8 or are even interested in buying one
Old 09-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Teching In

are even interested in buying one
Pfft, I wouldn't mind an 02 WS6 or SS Z28. I was looking for one last year, but of course garage queens are pricey.

I ended up sticking to my roots and buying a Fox Body. Can't say I hate the car; but some days the loving relationship becomes love/hate, as I'm sure everyone knows how that one goes.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
Pfft, I wouldn't mind an 02 WS6 or SS Z28. I was looking for one last year, but of course garage queens are pricey.

I ended up sticking to my roots and buying a Fox Body. Can't say I hate the car; but some days the loving relationship becomes love/hate, as I'm sure everyone knows how that one goes.
Lol sure do and by the way I said some
Old 09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THANK YOU!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

The Fireturd died today. I can start it but it soon just dies again. I will be getting it checked out tomarro, but I am almost suspecting the new fuel pump. More so on the basis that Scott had a bad one, and so did Snapps that got theirs about the same time I got mine. (I'll let you know Joe.)
Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Beast, anything above 700 RWHP in that year RX-7 will be insane. You're gonna end up a worse roll racer than most large single Turbo'd Supra's cause Supra's at least weigh 3600 lbs, and if your barely breaking 3000, you're gonna have some major traction issues.

You may want to consider that. Having the big dyno numbers is cool, and it is also fun to mash the gas at 80 MPH and get it sideways, but keep in mind, those are the guys that that get beat by guys with half their HP and get traction.

This is a reason I didn't get an F1R instead of my D1SC. But if you just want raw power and top end speed and don't care about winning 1/4 mile races, you may want to continue on your lust for more power

Either way, I am confident you will have one badass ride when its done man!!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how many times this has to be said on here. FWR people!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, and to Blake (since everyone else is throwing in their pitch), everytime I go to fix something broke on the car, I usually end up breaking 2 other things in the process.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
The Fireturd died today. I can start it but it soon just dies again. I will be getting it checked out tomarro, but I am almost suspecting the new fuel pump. More so on the basis that Scott had a bad one, and so did Snapps that got theirs about the same time I got mine. (I'll let you know Joe.)
You forgot another bad one pal Damn walbro
Old 09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, and to Blake (since everyone else is throwing in their pitch), everytime I go to fix something broke on the car, I usually end up breaking 2 other things in the process.

Good to know I'm not the only one
Old 09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
You forgot another bad one pal Damn walbro
I thought the Walbro's were supposed to be a decent name brand pump. Now I'm wondering if mine is gonna die.

Do they go quiet when they start have trouble; because mine whines very loud at all times?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Beast, anything above 700 RWHP in that year RX-7 will be insane. You're gonna end up a worse roll racer than most large single Turbo'd Supra's cause Supra's at least weigh 3600 lbs, and if your barely breaking 3000, you're gonna have some major traction issues.

You may want to consider that. Having the big dyno numbers is cool, and it is also fun to mash the gas at 80 MPH and get it sideways, but keep in mind, those are the guys that that get beat by guys with half their HP and get traction.

This is a reason I didn't get an F1R instead of my D1SC. But if you just want raw power and top end speed and don't care about winning 1/4 mile races, you may want to continue on your lust for more power

One word for you ams1000
Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

FWIW:

Walbro Fuel Pump Forgeries? Who knew?
The following is an article in regards to counterfeit Walbro fuel pumps taken from *********** The article outlines conversations between a Chinese company trying to sell Walbro forgeries to Fuel-Pumps.net and discusses how consumers can spot the fake pumps ( http://www.fuel-pumps.net/walbro-forgeries.html ):

Companies in China have attempted to copy and are selling fuel pumps stamped with the WalbroŽ name to unsuspecting customers around the world. How could this affect you? Read on!

We were recently approached by an individual representing a Chinese company who offered to sell us Walbro forgeries at less then 25% of what we normally pay. Here is their email:

Hello, Sir,

I got your address from the Internet, and you might be interested in our products, so, i sent u this email. If this email disturb your work, i do apologize, and confirm, this is the email, just one time.

We are manufacturing Electric Fuel Pumps in China, over 6 years. I’m specially introducing our new line: High Pressure 255L/Hr fuel pumps. We made this pump as Walbro GSS340/341/342 original samples, and we have sold many to Europe and Africa, with good qualty response. If you are handling this pump, pls let me know.

Thanks.

Surprised by the candor of their email, we responded to try and find out more. We received this immediate response

Hello, ,

Tks for you reply, the pricing is:$**.**/pc. The minimum order quantiy should be:50-100pcs.

Enclosed pls find more pictures, pls see if it’s helpful.

Thanks.

Now, don’t get me wrong. We’re all about free enterprise. We even realize that reverse-engineering is simply a hazard of the trade–there’s nothing illegal about it. But look at the comments on these pictures. These guys have gone to great lengths to dupe the buyer into believing that what they are getting is a WalbroŽ. The photos are careful to point out that they have:

Used a coffee-color bottom packing cap (just like Walbro)
Used a gray-color top packing cap (just like Walbro)
Duplicated the Walbro instructions page
Promised another version with the Walbro symbol stamped on the body!

The Plot Thickens!

At this point, we don’t know what to think. Our purchasing agent writes back and asks for pictures of the ones with the WalbroŽ symbol stamped on the side. Here’s the reply:

Hello, ,

We just made GSS342 walbro printing pump for the moment, it’s engraving printing on the body, it’s exact same as Walbro. I will send u close pictures tomorrow. If u need GSS340/341 engraving, pls send me one sample, we can do that for you. Furthermore, pls confirm the pricing is:$**.**/pc. Since we need some risk funds, in case our local government found us making this pump, we can pay some money to solve this matter. Hope you can understand.

Incredible! Not only do these guys know exactly what they are doing, they realize it is illegal and even charge a few dollars more for the Walbro-stamped versions so they can build a fund to buy-off the officials from their local government when they are discovered! Soon after, we got the next response:

Enclosed pls find the pictures.

(Click image to see high-resolution version, then hit “Back” to return)

But Is It Important?

It would be hypocritical of us to say that we have a huge aversion to parts manufacturerd outside of the US. On our other websites, we sell products from manufacturers all over the world. But on Fuel-Pumps.Net, we sell exclusively WalbroŽ Fuel Pumps, which are made in the USA. To see “Made in the USA” stamped on the side of something that was made outside the US specifically to cheat US workers and companies, well, that is a little sickening.Let’s say that keeping business in the US means nothing to you–you may be from another country, so that is not your concern, understandably. There is still a reason why this should concern you: Quality. Walbro spends an incredible amount of money and effort to ensure that their 255LPH fuel pumps indeed produce 255 liters per hour at the specified voltage and pressure. We can provide customers with the results of exhaustive and ongoing random testing that verifies the flow capacity of every pump. Do you think that these pumps, sold for less than 25% of our cost, have undergone the same testing? Would you trust your engine to it?Are you wondering how we made the jump from fuel pump quality to engine life? It’s not a leap of faith. You’re interested in a Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump because you know that your high-performance vehicle needs more fuel. Not just to run, but to survive. A failing fuel pump can cause a lean condition that can destroy the engine in moments. Don’t care a whit about US jobs? How about your engine?

Spotting Forgeries

How can you be assured that you are getting a genuine WalbroŽ fuel pump? That is difficult. First, look for a promise from the vendor that they will only sell genuine Walbro fuel pumps, as we’ve made here. If they don’t make that promise, or worse, if they never refer to the pump as a Walbro (calling it just a 255 LPH pump), it is as likely a forgery as the genuine article.

A second check is price. We’ve committed ourselves to providing our customers with Genuine Walbro fuel pumps for reasonable prices. We buy in incredible volume, and pass the savings along to our customers. If a vendor is selling a fuel pump they claim to be a Walbro for significantly less money, that almost guarantees that it is not.

A third check is to look for a wealth of application-specific installations. Walbro has developed installation kits to ensure that their fuel pumps are an application-specific installation in far more than 10,000 different year/make/model/option combinations. Nobody can touch that. Additionally, Fuel-Pumps.net has identified over 100 different fuel-pump kits to allow performance users to install 255 LPH fuel pumps on thousands of different year/make/model combinations. If the vendor lists only a fraction of these applications or, worse yet, tries to imply that there is a generic fuel pump kit that will install a given 255 LPH fuel pump into all cars, they’re trying to pull a fast one.

What can I do?

If you share our concern for the plight of the poor in third world countries, give to them by donating to one of the many fine charities that carefully guide their donations to where they are most needed, such as Samaritan’s Purse or World Vision. Don’t buy one of these fuel pump forgeries. When someone purchases one of these forgeries they are doing nothing more than sponsoring the loss of US jobs, risking their engine’s safety, and further enriching the government that holds these people in poverty.

I just want to hit a big number on the dyno then back the boost WAY down for dd... I'm a ricer at heart, i like to see crazy big, unuseable hp numbers lol With you guys helping, I'll find a happy medium and get it dialed in for the track and the street.

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
One word for you ams1000
Are you a dealer for those? They're like $600, correct? I was looking at either that, the turbosmart eboost2, or aem tru boost.

Last edited by The Beast; 09-02-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
I thought the Walbro's were supposed to be a decent name brand pump. Now I'm wondering if mine is gonna die.

Do they go quiet when they start have trouble; because mine whines very loud at all times?
My Walbro in the Civic is CRAZY loud, but I've never had a single issue with it... I'm most def going Aeromotive A1000 for the RX7.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast
My Walbro in the Civic is CRAZY loud, but I've never had a single issue with it... I'm most def going Aeromotive A1000 for the RX7.
That's my experience with mine thus far.

I don't know, I'd rather hear it working then to not hear anything. Just reminds me it's there, with it's comforting "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE" prime every time I hit that key.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!