Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
i think "d" is fed up with the hiphocracy of the med field. the only problem is that jobs that amount to anything r not out there, around here at least. east coast things are "BOOMING" and along the texas/lA border. unless u want to sit in a gas station for 8 bucks a hour and be a cashier thats about all that is out there
That's why I was asking. I think the good company's around here are just holding on to what they have and just trying to ride this out. About the only other thing around here might be an OTR driver. Which I would hate but that's just me.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

HELL LINCON NATIONAL LIFE HAS THERE HAND OUT FOR THE BAILOUT MONEY....THEY BETTER NOT BE HIRING...LIFE SUCKS RIGHT NOW...but i feel it is getting better just from what we have been seeing at work...lets hope...
They sure do. When I worked there the stock was over 60 a share, now it's around 5. I'm so glad I didn't get the stock option I was offered!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:54 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say we start our own company.....run bitches for money! I supply the hoes and you all look for potential customers!!! **** this work ****, its for loosers!!!!!

I have never been so glad to havy my little ol administrative job...my private office income dropped probably 70%, but I am going to do evals for Indianapolis charter school (ex girlfriend Stephanie Fultz is the principal)...so I will be traveling down there on weekends and taking vacation days from up here to work down there!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
WTF!! Terry do u write for a livin
only on lunch breaks and sick days, today happened to be both!!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SDB
I say we start our own company.....run bitches for money! I supply the hoes and you all look for potential customers!!! **** this work ****, its for loosers!!!!!

I have never been so glad to havy my little ol administrative job...my private office income dropped probably 70%, but I am going to do evals for Indianapolis charter school (ex girlfriend Stephanie Fultz is the principal)...so I will be traveling down there on weekends and taking vacation days from up here to work down there!!!
Dont forget the boats!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Well Im going in for emergancy appendix surgary in a hour. I'll talk to you all in a couple days . Keep your fingars crossed for me.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Snap switches! Good luck man!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by switches
Well Im going in for emergancy appendix surgary in a hour. I'll talk to you all in a couple days . Keep your fingars crossed for me.
Good luck Eric!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Teching In

Hope all is well for u switches...txt me when you get out....
Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by halucinator
Times are tough right now. Wal-mart isn't even hiring.
Ya they are tight, I wish our case count would go up now, not in a couple of months! It seems they are keep on hiring new people for our shift. We just got 2 new people this last weekend. So we have like almost 40 in the pick all the time, and if everyone was there all at the same time, I think we could have close to 50 orderfillers with all the part timers. Drew was not happy at all about them hiring these last 2 people!

Originally Posted by terry02
Thanks, Arrow auto body right off of Coliseum BLVD. Price is hard to find in all the hoopla, I had them pull out osme dents and do some extra stuff to have the car come out perfect there was no sense in have brand new paint over dents. There was also a price split between me and the insurance company that was responsible for the damage done. All total for me was 920.80, which I thought was pretty fair consider ing how damn picky I can be. I work just down the road so it was nice to see the car at every stage.
That price is not too bad. I would actually like to see it in person sometime. I spent $1600 to have hood completely redone, which had a bunch of rock chips in it from the previous owner of the SS hood. I had my deck lid and spoiler repainted. I had the whole black Manta stripe put on. I had a chip in my passenger door, a scratch in my driver's door, and some door dings in my right rear quarter panel all fixed too. And had everything blended in together.

Originally Posted by terry02
I wish I had some more money I would like to have possibly changed the decklid too, The car looks a little uneven right now, I definetly need some wheels or something to offset the hood, it looks like it's gonna eat ya' or like some fangs are pointed at you from the front. Corvette ralleys for sale if any body's interested, that will go toward some CCW's or something similar.
Which set off CCW's were you thinking? Were you thinking about getting the same rims I have? I have to CCW SP500's.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Second Club

Good Luck Switches!

O and Darren, you could always be a Wal-Mart greeter. You could replace the guy that reminds me that he would be in a horror movie with his bug eyes and hair! He works over at the Maysville Wal-Mart!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Good Luck Switches!

O and Darren, you could always be a Wal-Mart greeter. You could replace the guy that reminds me that he would be in a horror movie with his bug eyes and hair! He works over at the Maysville Wal-Mart!
I know that guy! Man he's freaky!

Good luck Eric, I hope everything goes well.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

D,
Menards is a pretty sweet place to work at for a part time deal. Starting wages vary, but you get an extra $2.50 an hour on weekends... By no means a career, but it outta keep you afloat if need be.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
Do you have an associate's or something that you had to have for RT? I would think that would be your best asset. Or doing something at one of the hospitals/doctors offices.

Yes, Assoc in Applied Science....for Respiratory Therapy. Even before my back issue, I was contemplating a change of scenery because Parkview isn't what it used to be..... too much politics and take on their part. They try and tell you what you can and can't do not only at work but out in public as well. I was burnt out after 13 years (14 years as a therapist).
I can't really do patient care anymore because of the physical nature of the job.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by switches
Man, I hope all goes well for you.....enjoy doing the Incentive Spirometry every hour.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
D,
Menards is a pretty sweet place to work at for a part time deal. Starting wages vary, but you get an extra $2.50 an hour on weekends... By no means a career, but it outta keep you afloat if need be.

I will check into it....thanks.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

i need salesman...it would be a paycheck and maybe a start to a new career for ya
I don't know.....if I didn't do well you could/would fire me and I wouldn't be able to live that down. Can I were blue jeans and tennis shoes?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Good luck, Eric. Hope everything goes well.

Darren, are you covered under Cindy's insurance? If so, why not get the back fixed now, while work opportunities are few and far between? It's not going to get any better on it's own. Ever. I've had 3 back surgeries, so I speak from experience.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say see if that Joe guy is hiring at Hires....get rid of that ******* shocker tool and start filling nitrous bottles on the side for cash!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
WTF!! Terry do u write for a livin
He's not a post HO like you!

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!