Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=digitalsolo;11164506]Played with some more photography today, and since we're rather slow today, I'm going to picture *****.

Bam.

QUOTE]

Where is this at? If you don't mind. When I was into photography a lot I wouldn't sshare a lot of my locations, but that was becasue it was for a grade.

Last edited by terry02; 03-03-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's at the old Wayne Oil Tank and Pump Company.

It's in the River City Complex, back off of Lake, WAAAAY out back near the River City Bar And Grill (I think that's what it's called).

Old gas pump manufacturer from the 1900-1920s.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Chris, PEP 2 is 7.5% of MSRP (not including shipping) subtracted from GMS. For example:

MSRP is $34k
GMS is $31k
PEP 2 price is $31k-$2550=$28,450
Then take the rebate money ($3k) off.
Final price is $25,450 plus tax and fees.

Not a bad deal, IMO.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by terry02
Where is this at? If you don't mind. When I was into photography a lot I wouldn't sshare a lot of my locations, but that was becasue it was for a grade.
I hate when people don't share information. Especially when they're not getting paid. I understand your situation because you were worried about the grade. I shared a location I had with a guy then asked him for a suggestion to take my friends for a portrait session. He told me to find out that information I would have to pay him.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to push him down a flight of stairs.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Just got the latest motortrend in the mail yesterday. Right in the front is an article on the new z/28. According to Motortrend, GM says the car is basically done. Cool right? The only problem is this. The Z/28 is on hold. First Gm ran out of money to finish and launch the car. Then some of the insiders are thinking that its not too smart to bring out a super fast car thats a 2 door that will get no better than 13-19 MPG. They dont think it would be wise to sell this car because they had to beg the politicians for money, and most of the politicians think that GM should be building gas sipping prius clones. So one way that Gm thinks they could make money is to individually number each car make them a high value collector car and price them to insure a solid profit margin. That Effing blows IMO!

Im sure that there is a thread on this on the main page of Tech, but i want to see what you guys think.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

As long as GM keeps making V8s in something, I don't care at this point honestly.

They try to release cars for the enthusiast market (G8 for example) and the general market shuns them, so they're going to have to keep releasing more and more Honda clones, and make the V8/performance cars special editions. As long as there is a steady supply of older cars that don't weigh 4500 lbs that I can cram a GM V8 into, I'm content.

I think the V8 fun cars are a dying breed in this market.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

CAFE and the government are killing the US auto industry while they preach that they won't let us fail. All the treehuggers want 50 mpg in cars that suck. The big three are good at trucks, not microcars. Japan needs small cars because they are so overpopulated and overdeveloped as a country. Of course they are good at small cars; they have to be. I think the Volt will be a big flop, too. GM is spending millions (billions?) to develop a car that will be too expensive and not economical to drive with gas @ $3/gal., let alone $2! I think GM will be in a government-arranged bankruptcy by May 1st. GM's problem went from an effeciency problem to a demand problem in the last 6 months. There is no demand, so it doesn't matter how effeciently we build vehicles. It's still a losing proposition.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
CAFE and the government are killing the US auto industry while they preach that they won't let us fail. All the treehuggers want 50 mpg in cars that suck. The big three are good at trucks, not microcars. Japan needs small cars because they are so overpopulated and overdeveloped as a country. Of course they are good at small cars; they have to be. I think the Volt will be a big flop, too. GM is spending millions (billions?) to develop a car that will be too expensive and not economical to drive with gas @ $3/gal., let alone $2! I think GM will be in a government-arranged bankruptcy by May 1st. GM's problem went from an effeciency problem to a demand problem in the last 6 months. There is no demand, so it doesn't matter how effeciently we build vehicles. It's still a losing proposition.
I personally think Chrysler should have been gone and bankrupted years ago.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chris, PEP 2 is 7.5% of MSRP (not including shipping) subtracted from GMS. For example:

MSRP is $34k
GMS is $31k
PEP 2 price is $31k-$2550=$28,450
Then take the rebate money ($3k) off.
Final price is $25,450 plus tax and fees.

Not a bad deal, IMO.
Ha, I sent you another PM before seeing this. Basically what I needed to know Thanks again!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Azar
I hate when people don't share information. Especially when they're not getting paid. I understand your situation because you were worried about the grade. I shared a location I had with a guy then asked him for a suggestion to take my friends for a portrait session. He told me to find out that information I would have to pay him.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to push him down a flight of stairs.
What a *****. I have since told numerous people about some of my locations. If I had shared in class someone would have for sure went and taken the same picture, somehow developed before me, and beat me to grading. What made him think his locals were so damn good in the first place? Jerk.

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Just got the latest motortrend in the mail yesterday. Right in the front is an article on the new z/28. According to Motortrend, GM says the car is basically done. Cool right? The only problem is this. The Z/28 is on hold. First Gm ran out of money to finish and launch the car. Then some of the insiders are thinking that its not too smart to bring out a super fast car thats a 2 door that will get no better than 13-19 MPG. They dont think it would be wise to sell this car because they had to beg the politicians for money, and most of the politicians think that GM should be building gas sipping prius clones. So one way that Gm thinks they could make money is to individually number each car make them a high value collector car and price them to insure a solid profit margin. That Effing blows IMO!
Originally Posted by digitalsolo
As long as GM keeps making V8s in something, I don't care at this point honestly.
They try to release cars for the enthusiast market (G8 for example) and the general market shuns them, so they're going to have to keep releasing more and more Honda clones, and make the V8/performance cars special editions. As long as there is a steady supply of older cars that don't weigh 4500 lbs that I can cram a GM V8 into, I'm content.
I think the V8 fun cars are a dying breed in this market.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
It's at the old Wayne Oil Tank and Pump Company.

It's in the River City Complex, back off of Lake, WAAAAY out back near the River City Bar And Grill (I think that's what it's called).

Old gas pump manufacturer from the 1900-1920s.
Thanks! I don't plan on running right out there and burning off a roll of film, I just always enjoyed settings like that. Run down homes and warehouses used to be my thing.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Default to all my fellow friends

today at 10 am my father passsed in my arms. his wishes to pass in his home with all his children there came true. I want to take time to thank all of you for the txts and calls and prayers. Yes I will miss my dad and best friend deeply but all your support helped give me strength through this long and hard journey...

services will be held at DO Mcomb on maplecrest rd. times and dates to follow, i will post or contact switches for further information.

God bless all you guys and a truly deep felt thank you from me and my family

kenbo
Old 03-03-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ken, my wife and I are very sorry for your loss. I have been following your past few days on facebook. It was great to see you were able to make his wishes come true and spend those moments with him. As someone who lost his father at a young age, I know you cannot replace it. Let us know if you need anything.

Chris
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ken,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. If you are anything like him, the world will be a less funny and interesting place because of his passing.

Drew
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Yes today is a sad day indeed. A great man has left us. Iv know Kenny and his family for a long time and was always treated like a son by his mother and father. He was an awsome guy with a big heart and would go out of his way to make you feel welcomed . He will be deeply missed,but I know he's in a better place. As soon as I know the times and dates I will post them for Ken and if anyone wants to get ahold of me personaly about it , PM me your cell or home numbers and I will return all calls
Old 03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

If he was anything like his son, the world is surely far less without him in it.

Best wishes to Ken and the entire family from me and mine here.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Teching In

Kenny, i am really sorry for your loss and sorry to have texted you today. I didnt know the circumstances until i spoke with switches. If there is anything that Leslie and I can do for you , let me know.

Luke
Old 03-04-2009, 06:29 AM
10 Second Club

Kenny, you and your family have my sincerest condolences. I'm sure it's very difficult now, but it sounds like he's better off now. Take comfort in that and know better days are ahead for you and your family. God bless.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

Ken, Cyndi and I wish to extend our condolences for the loss of your father. It's never an easy thing to go through...just remember the good times you had and know his suffering is over. God bless you and your family.

D
Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 AM
10 Second Club

Ken, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It's never easy to lose someone suddenly or to lose someone when you know it's coming! I lost my father 2 years ago last month, and it makes you think of how "fragile" life is. But don't think of him of how he was at the end, look back at all the good times you had with your father. I think that helps me out a lot!

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!