TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So jake....what happen to ya pal!?!?!?jw
Old 05-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
So jake....what happen to ya pal!?!?!?jw
HAHA well it all started when he came flying up on my *** on washington ctr and I remember looking at my speedo and it was about 44-45. Anyways I didnt even kno it was a cop (damn charger cop cars) til he turned his lights so I pull off to the side.

So he comes up and license blah blah. "Do u kno why I pulled u over?" I said no, he said I was speeding, said the limit was 40 and I was going like 46ish (seriously WTF 6 over?)

This is where it gets interesting, apparently he musta saw me leaving the parking lot of cars and followed me and after he said he pulled me over for speeding he starts asking me all these questions on if I was out driving around with a group of cars that were "getting on it a lot and going really fast" I was like nope not me He said he only saw their rear lights and didnt get a look at the lead cars going at it. kept interrogating me about it. I just kept denying knowing of it. So he must have been one of the like 5 cop cars in the pack and picked me out for whatever reason to interrogate and used 6 over speeding as his reason to pull me over I think

Ended up just giving me a warning after another cop giving me a test to see if I was drunk ha But what was hilarious is after him talking about the group of cars driving around racing and only seeing their taillights ALL you guys drive right by us, and all the sudden the cop was like "I THINK THATS THEM!" it was priceless lol then tunedports10 drove by at the back of the pack and the cop was like "and I think that was the one that was racing in the front!" even tho he didnt even go driving the first time haha
Hope you enjoyed my long *** story
Old 05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by halucinator
Keep changing it up, you will never get it done! How was winged warrior? I heard it was windy and kind of chilly.
Actually, it's the other way around, it'll never get done if I keep the 88 It's impossible to make it work well for a street car. Twin 60 trim t3/t04e's or twin t3/60-1's (same turbo I had on the civic) should do the job.

It was decent just for the fact that there were 20+ v8 rx7s, a 1jz rx7 and a v6 rx7.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03cobra545

HAHA well it all started when he came flying up on my *** on washington ctr and I remember looking at my speedo and it was about 44-45. Anyways I didnt even kno it was a cop (damn charger cop cars) til he turned his lights so I pull off to the side.

So he comes up and license blah blah. "Do u kno why I pulled u over?" I said no, he said I was speeding, said the limit was 40 and I was going like 46ish (seriously WTF 6 over?)

This is where it gets interesting, apparently he musta saw me leaving the parking lot of cars and followed me and after he said he pulled me over for speeding he starts asking me all these questions on if I was out driving around with a group of cars that were "getting on it a lot and going really fast" I was like nope not me He said he only saw their rear lights and didnt get a look at the lead cars going at it. kept interrogating me about it. I just kept denying knowing of it. So he must have been one of the like 5 cop cars in the pack and picked me out for whatever reason to interrogate and used 6 over speeding as his reason to pull me over I think

Ended up just giving me a warning after another cop giving me a test to see if I was drunk ha But what was hilarious is after him talking about the group of cars driving around racing and only seeing their taillights ALL you guys drive right by us, and all the sudden the cop was like "I THINK THATS THEM!" it was priceless lol then tunedports10 drove by at the back of the pack and the cop was like "and I think that was the one that was racing in the front!" even tho he didnt even go driving the first time haha
LOL did you hear your bro crack the throttle a couple times when we went by.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 03cobra545

LOL, funny thing was that I was screwing around on washington center when I was behind you and everyone else was behind me. I turned right on coldwater to take my girlfriend home and saw the cop drive by. Then I came back that way to go home and saw you were pulled over.

Originally Posted by The Beast
Actually, it's the other way around, it'll never get done if I keep the 88 It's impossible to make it work well for a street car. Twin 60 trim t3/t04e's or twin t3/60-1's (same turbo I had on the civic) should do the job.

It was decent just for the fact that there were 20+ v8 rx7s, a 1jz rx7 and a v6 rx7.
Just wish you would make up your mind LOL. Let me know if you need any help fabbing up the exhaust
Old 05-10-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Indy V8 RX7 event was great!

Winged Warrior was alright. Nick and I wandered around making fun of people, and we stole the Supra guy's sign. I made a pass at Muncie and a pass at ORP. Neither was much to write home about, lots of tuning and LOTS of driver mod needed.

Car picked up 30 mph on the backhalf on the slower pass (12.75 @ 121 mph). The quicker pass (12.66 @ 118 mph) I didn't have enough temperature in the motor and was way off my map (9.9 AFR > 6000 RPM) and the ignition was breaking up at the top of 1st/2nd, then my dumbass short shifted it into 5th at around 1200' and lost another 6-7 mph. Only picked up 24 mph up top that pass. It has a LOT left in it. I'm thinking ~11.3 - 11.4 @ 126-128 mph at current boost + DRIVER mod.

On a positive note this sumbitch is NASTY on a 60 mph pull, should be run here in Fort Roll Race.

Proof I do hammer my **** occasionally (curteousy of Azar Photography):

Old 05-10-2009, 11:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

....insane 60mph roll? This I must experience.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
LOL did you hear your bro crack the throttle a couple times when we went by.
Guilty. I did while passing the fourth squad car pulling up, just loud enough to be heard
Old 05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick, can't you modify the hood to make it fit in? Or is it just pure lack of room under the hood all together?

Blake, the car looks good. Make sure you get those rolls on tape!

Jake, thats some funny ****. Stories like that make me miss being back in the Fort

On the plus side, I get my first flight on Friday, so that should feed my need for speed for now

Last edited by CALL911; 05-11-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I know this is kind of a long shot.....but does anyone have any PS1 games laying around that they'd be willing to sell? I've been getting all nostalgic recently and buying some old games that I used to play.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know when you say T3/t04, thats a pretty broad term. There is a lot of different ways to make a t3, especially with the amount of different wheel sizes and exhaust A/R available. If I had twins to put on it would probably be a gt3582r. You could easily pump out 50 lb./min with it. Perfect for twins with the .63 a/r turbine housing and it would have an easy spool up time.

Also, I'm looking for a wrecked LS1 F-body to pull parts from. If anyone knows where some are.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CALL911
Nick, can't you modify the hood to make it fit in? Or is it just pure lack of room under the hood all together?

On the plus side, I get my first flight on Friday, so that should feed my need for speed for now
It's just a lack of space all together for a street car. To make it work the cooling system size and placement would suffer and IMO it's just not worth the sacrafice when there's an equally good alternative.

Good luck with the flight, I bet you're amped about that! What are you going up in?

Originally Posted by halucinator
I know when you say T3/t04, thats a pretty broad term. There is a lot of different ways to make a t3, especially with the amount of different wheel sizes and exhaust A/R available. If I had twins to put on it would probably be a gt3582r. You could easily pump out 50 lb./min with it. Perfect for twins with the .63 a/r turbine housing and it would have an easy spool up time.

Also, I'm looking for a wrecked LS1 F-body to pull parts from. If anyone knows where some are.
Well I figured since I said that it's a t04e not a t4, as well as it'll be a 60 trim, that that would be sufficient info to express my intentions as of now, but if you must know, if I go that route it'll be a garrett t3/t04e with a 60 trim compressor and .60 ar, stage 5 turbine wheel with a .82ar. They flow 53lbs/min each, which is slightly under the "ideal" minimum of 55lbs/min each I need to make 1200bhp (106lbs/min is good to 1150bhp). They'll make 1000whp, but that will be be at the far end of their efeciency range. However, I highly doubt it'll see 1000whp very much (if at all) on the street, so my turbo selection should suffice and be even better suited for my application than the gt3582r. Plus I can buy 2 t3/t04e's for the price of 1 gt35r.

Last edited by The Beast; 05-11-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the flight, I bet you're amped about that! What are you going up in?
Thanks man, I am definatly pumped about going up in this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaIt7ybwEe8
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Azar
I know this is kind of a long shot.....but does anyone have any PS1 games laying around that they'd be willing to sell? I've been getting all nostalgic recently and buying some old games that I used to play.
Damn, you are about 2 weeks late. I just sold around 2 dozen PS1 and PS2 games I have been trying to get rid of forever.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Azar
Wont they work in PS2 console ? I have a old PS2 console laying around you can have. LMK
Old 05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by nmcqueen469
Damn, you are about 2 weeks late. I just sold around 2 dozen PS1 and PS2 games I have been trying to get rid of forever.
....Curse you, McQueen. Curse you!!! Hahaha, it's all good man.

Originally Posted by switches
Wont they work in PS2 console ? I have a old PS2 console laying around you can have. LMK
They will indeed work in a PS2 console, but I'm currently trying to sell both of mine (PS1 and PS2) because I have my PS3 that can play all PS3, PS2 and PS1 games.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:51 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Tune/Party weekend this coming weekend guys. May 16&17. Chassis Dyno will be onsite as well. Any LSX/LTX welcome.

Scott Massey, Darren Flitcraft and Rob Barney need to be at G&T by 9am to get quickly checked for your issues.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

hows the weather looking for tune day?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

40% chance, scattered.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's just a lack of space all together for a street car. To make it work the cooling system size and placement would suffer and IMO it's just not worth the sacrafice when there's an equally good alternative.

Well I figured since I said that it's a t04e not a t4, as well as it'll be a 60 trim, that that would be sufficient info to express my intentions as of now, but if you must know, if I go that route it'll be a garrett t3/t04e with a 60 trim compressor and .60 ar, stage 5 turbine wheel with a .82ar. They flow 53lbs/min each, which is slightly under the "ideal" minimum of 55lbs/min each I need to make 1200bhp (106lbs/min is good to 1150bhp). They'll make 1000whp, but that will be be at the far end of their efeciency range. However, I highly doubt it'll see 1000whp very much (if at all) on the street, so my turbo selection should suffice and be even better suited for my application than the gt3582r. Plus I can buy 2 t3/t04e's for the price of 1 gt35r.
Way to do your homework. I know the GT35r one is a pricey turbo for just one. Can't wait to see the header work for this. You have a build thread started somewhere so I can bookmark it?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!