Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
Kenny, if you're serious about going back to a Ford, what about a GT500 or GT500KR or a Super Snake? The new 2010 GT500s look pretty bad *** for a Mustang.

I have a whole new respect for those cars after that blue KR *DESTROYED* me on the bike on the way to Liberty after Bodigan's last year.
I LOVE THE NEW SHELBY'S....BUT WAAAAYYYY TO MUCH...FOR THAT KIND OF MONEY I WOULD ORDER A NEW C7....I FEEL A LOADED 2011 MACH 1 AND THAN A BRENSPEED PACKAGE, I SHOULD BE HAPPY...ALSO GOING BACK TO A 6 SPEED MANUEL...WHITE BLACK LEATHER THE MACH 1 BALCK OUT PACKAGE ON THE OUTSIDE AND SOME SWEET WHEELS THE CAR WILL BE HOT....PLUS HAMRICK AND I CAN ROLL ON THE WEEKENDS...SORRY GM THE NEW F-BODY DOES NOT CUT IT, I TRIED BUT NO SALE
Old 02-09-2010, 01:07 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read about the new 2011 Mustang GT500....120 lbs lighter, aluminum block, 40% larger intercooler, 2.75 in exhaust, and it gets lighter wheels/supercar tires/3.73/suspension with the SVT track package! more power too....lower, narrower stripes, just better all the way around!

but damn, $50K for a mustang is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sdb
i just read about the new 2011 mustang gt500....120 lbs lighter, aluminum block, 40% larger intercooler, 2.75 in exhaust, and it gets lighter wheels/supercar tires/3.73/suspension with the svt track package! More power too....lower, narrower stripes, just better all the way around!

But damn, $50k for a mustang is unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well thats if u could buy one for that...dealers been adding 10k for market adjustment:d
Old 02-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Teching In

still a good buy to get an earlier model 500. Most of the factory **** is coming off anyhow. So, the only advantage for 2011 that i see is an aluminum block. Save 20k and get a used one. Then port the blower, pulley it upper and lower and your good for 600rwhp.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the compliments on the pics fellas.

B_ver, it really depends on what you want, and what your price range is. I wouldn't care how fast it was or how cheep I could get it for, I'd rather be caught dead than driving a Mustang. But thats just me.

If you want something fast (mid to low 11's or better), and knowing how you like Vette's, I'd get a cheep C5, and do a decent H/C/I along with a little spray and a tune. If you want something differnt, go for something older and drop a forged LSX in it and run some boost and it would be silly and unique, but possibly time consuming on the build.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

If I had a pile of cash to do a project car, I'd probably get a 70 Z28/RS and do an LSX turbo. But thats just me.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
Thanks for the compliments on the pics fellas.

B_ver, it really depends on what you want, and what your price range is. I wouldn't care how fast it was or how cheep I could get it for, I'd rather be caught dead than driving a Mustang. But thats just me.

If you want something fast (mid to low 11's or better), and knowing how you like Vette's, I'd get a cheep C5, and do a decent H/C/I along with a little spray and a tune. If you want something differnt, go for something older and drop a forged LSX in it and run some boost and it would be silly and unique, but possibly time consuming on the build.

It really depends on what you are looking for.

If I had a pile of cash to do a project car, I'd probably get a 70 Z28/RS and do an LSX turbo. But thats just me.
BEN, YOU HAVE ALOT OF GOOD POINTS....I HAVE A MID 11' C6 NOW...I'M JUST OVER THE VETTE THING....HAD 8 OF THEM AND I WANT SOMETHING DIFFRENT...THOUGHT ABOUT DOING A 67 GTO VERT PRO TOURING SET UP (MODERN POWERTRAIN AND SUSPENSION AND BRAKES ECT) BUT HELL THAT WOULD BE A 100K PROJECT....I WOULD LOVE TO STICK WITH GM BUT THE NEW FBODY IS TOO HEAVY AND WAAAAYYYY TOO CHEAP LOOKING ON THE INSIDE FOR THE PRICE...I'M STILL UP IN THE AIR BUT THE WAY I AM SWAYING IS TOWARDS THE 5.0 2011 MUSTANG....WHO KNOWS..

OH AND SDB WHAT U DID TO THAT POOR KID ON THAT OTHER THREAD ( HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CAR) WAS FN OFF THE CHAIN....I LAUGHED MY *** OFF LAST NIGHT....
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

This makes me want a 2011

Article here http://www.canadiandriver.com/2009/1...t.htm?page=all
Old 02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not really a Mustang guy (though I do love the 64.5-67 coupes), but the new ones really look pretty nice to me, especially with the Rousch or Shelby body kits on them. I wouldn't personally go out and buy one, but I'd certainly drive one if someone gave me it.

The fact that the 4 cam motors are pretty stout (if you add F/I) and you have a pretty nice all around car. Unfortunately like all modern cars, they're pigs.

FWIW I like the new Camaro and Challenger too, though I do find both of them are HUGE from up close. If I was going to go buy something (relatively) new with a V8 and RWD, I'd probably get a G8, I think it's dimensions are better than the Camaro/Challenger, but that's not really a hard core performance vehicle.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 143 Posts

=digitalsolo;12878719
The fact that the 4 cam motors are pretty stout (if you add F/I) and you have a pretty nice all around car. Unfortunately like all modern cars, they're pigs.

FWIW I like the new Camaro and Challenger too, though I do find both of them are HUGE from up close. If I was going to go buy something (relatively) new with a V8 and RWD, I'd probably get a G8, I think it's dimensions are better than the Camaro/Challenger, but that's not really a hard core performance vehicle.
The 2011 gt is lighter than the gto, 5th gen camaro and challenger, weighing in at just under 3600lbs. Not to shabby imo, with 412hp it should move out pretty decent.

http://www.insideline.com/ford/musta...irst-look.html
Old 02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Teching In

jcatt..that white 5.0 is the exact one i want.....in fact the wheels and that whole look is what i am going for....i would not buy a dodge right now with the way they are losing market share faster than Obama can read a tele-prompter...i have a feeling (being in the business) fiat is gonna sell the Jeep name off and BAM dodge and chrysler are Kaput...they are down 65% since november when Gm and Ford are up...Ford being waaaayyyy up...
I know I am a GM guy in heart, but i cannot get passed how they missed the boat on the camero, yeh the G8 is a sexy car ( even though pontiac is gone) a 4 door hot rod does not make me wanna jump for joy....i would rather own a 05-06 cts v if i was going that way...

there is still time for my mind to change, maybe the ss convertable will make me swoom, or push me harder towards the 5.0
Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, the G8 has (well, had) a pretty limited market. Too bad though, it was a great car for what it was.

King, the Mustang may be lighter, but 3600 lbs is still a pig. My BMW convertible weighs 350 lbs less than that with leather/power/loaded and an iron block. It's still heavy, but I suppose most new cars are.

I've never liked F-Body convertibles (post 1st gen) for some reason. Seems like the rear is just too long; looks more like it was an afterthought than a plan. Might just be the hatchback design though. Hopefully they do better on the 5th gens.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
King, the Mustang may be lighter, but 3600 lbs is still a pig. My BMW convertible weighs 350 lbs less than that with leather/power/loaded and an iron block. It's still heavy, but I suppose most new cars are.
I agree, just pointing out they are the lightest pig of all the new gen performance cars...
Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

I love the new Camaro. Other than being a couple hundred pounds heavier than the 4th gen's, I got absolutely no complaints.

There are heads and cam Camaro's running low 11's for pete sake! Guys with small blowers running low boost with a tune would walk all over my Z. Who cares about the extra weight when you have that kind of potential in power?

Not to take away from what everyone else likes on here, but if I wasn't saving in big sums for a house, I would probably already have a new Camaro ordered by now.

I like the Challenger as well, but the interior and dash look like every other dodge out there (nothing special at all). The Challenger is heavy also, except unlike the Camaro, it is NOT fast from the factory.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CALL911
I love the new Camaro. Other than being a couple hundred pounds heavier than the 4th gen's, I got absolutely no complaints.

There are heads and cam Camaro's running low 11's for pete sake! Guys with small blowers running low boost with a tune would walk all over my Z. Who cares about the extra weight when you have that kind of potential in power?

Not to take away from what everyone else likes on here, but if I wasn't saving in big sums for a house, I would probably already have a new Camaro ordered by now.

The 5th gen is more than a couple hundred lbs heavier than a 4th gen, If wer talkin ls1 4th gens(3450lbs), the 5th gen camaro is about 500lbs+ heavier(4000lbs). Quite a bit imo, not to mention more weight means more stress on the drivetrain and brakes. They do haul *** modded, there is a guy one here with a heads/cam 5th gen SS with a n2o outlet wet plate kit running 10.0's on a 200 shot. Thats Stock bottom end, stock drivetrain, so his setup seems to be holdin up well... Although there are plenty of heads cam ls1's runnin low 11's, so performance wise its a wash between the 2 imo. I really think the new mustang gt has the edge right now. Gm foul balled on the 5th gen camaro and they should of kept the g8.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

I hate sayin it....but the new 2011 Mustang GT is a bad *** ride. 3500 lbs and 412 hp 5.0. Should run well! looks MUCH better inside and out than the Camaro's.

I have never owned a Mustang, and till now, didn't think I would. But damn, the Gt and GT500 are killer loking cars. I imagine a new 2011 GT with typical boltons, drag radials, gears, would run mid 11's
Old 02-12-2010, 02:39 AM
Teching In

(LOOKING TO SEE IF I'M ON LS1TECH OR SVTPERFORMANCE) Yep, LS1tech....

Wtf, i'm on here to learn and understand the almighty LS1 motors and all you bitches are talking up fords! GTFO and do that on a ford site.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
i have a feeling (being in the business) fiat is gonna sell the Jeep name off and BAM dodge and chrysler are Kaput...they are down 65% since november when Gm and Ford are up...Ford being waaaayyyy up...
the G8 is a sexy car ( even though pontiac is gone)
Just a thought, but how is cummins doing? Is it possible that they could buy the HD line from dodge to keep an outlet for their ISB motors?

I've drooled over a few G8's before. Chris's with the SS has one that sits out by UPS at night and i get to see it often. Thats a nice looking ride!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
The 5th gen is more than a couple hundred lbs heavier than a 4th gen, If wer talkin ls1 4th gens(3450lbs), the 5th gen camaro is about 500lbs+ heavier(4000lbs). Quite a bit imo, not to mention more weight means more stress on the drivetrain and brakes. They do haul *** modded, there is a guy one here with a heads/cam 5th gen SS with a n2o outlet wet plate kit running 10.0's on a 200 shot. Thats Stock bottom end, stock drivetrain, so his setup seems to be holdin up well... Although there are plenty of heads cam ls1's runnin low 11's, so performance wise its a wash between the 2 imo. I really think the new mustang gt has the edge right now. Gm foul balled on the 5th gen camaro and they should of kept the g8.
My Formula is lighter than most Camaro's and all T/A's of the same year, and it weighs 3550. Try a search on here (I think I may have even been the one to start the thread) on "how much does your F-body weigh", and you will find that the average is in the 3600+ range. This is really apples to oranges as 300 lbs is not far off from 500 lbs, and realistically the extra power the 2010 Camaro's LS3 has over the 4th Gens LS1 MORE than makes up for the difference. Most heads and cam only LS1's I have seen are in the 12's (there are sure to be a handfull that dip into the 11's). But any way you put it, the LS3 has a much higher potential than the LS1 ever did.

I think the exterior and interior of the new mustangs are hideous They do in fact weigh less, but also have less power, and I am quite sure that stock to stock against the new Camaro they are slower. It really baffles me how many of you GM guys can like this new Mustang that much, even if you don't care for the new Camaro. Furthermore, I don't know how you can say that GM dropped the ball on the new Camaro. Camaro sales have been skyrocketing ever since it was available. It has helped in a very big way to bring GM back on its feet.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

FWIW, I'd call myself a "car" guy more than a GM guy. I'm honestly not a big F-Body fan overall, I don't like the post chrome bumper 2nd Gens, I don't like the 3rd Gens, I DO like the LT1 Camaros, but not the LT1 Firebird/TA, I do like the LS1 Firebird/TA but not the LS1 Camaro (for the most part). Big fan of most Corvettes though. I will say that the F-Body can be made to look great in most any year, with proper mods. I really like the lines of the 2010+, but I do agree it looks a bit big from up close. The Challenger has the same issue.

With the Fords, post 1970 I really only cared for the 03-04 Cobra, and the 05+ Mustang, and on the 05s, they really need a Rousch or Shelby kit of some type to muscle up the lines a bit, they just look lacking in stock form. I think the mod motor is massively huge and complex vs. it's output, though it certainly has good potential with F/I.

I -do- love GM's powertrains though. For the most part, if I had my druthers I'd either drive small sports cars (vs. muscle cars) or a bigger saloon car (like the G8). I just hate the disconnected feeling that most muscle cars have on the road (vs. say my BMW or RX7). Hence my predilection for putting GM's excellent powertrains into some of the other manufacturers excellent chassis. If I was going to build something with a 70-80k dollar budget, I'd have a FFR '33 Hot Rod with a turbo LS1. (http://www.factoryfive.com/hotrodhome.html)

Oh, and Ford sucks. There, now I fit in, yes?

Last edited by digitalsolo; 02-12-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Enough of this damn Ford talk its been enough to make me

Change of subject Here is a little teaser of whats to come of a well known fort wayne car.. I'll let you guess whos car shouldn't take very long

Parts will be flying on now that the engine bay clean-up is done..

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!