Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
Tracy Grimm aka Speedfab. He's helped/helping me out a bunch. Nice to deal one on one with a guy who's built/tuned the best of the best, and isn't just internet hype or the flavor of the month.

Now if my damn scavenge pump would get here we could finally wrap this thing up
31 flavors......only 28 to go
Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by silver_82
As some of you guys already know,
a few of us are going to be renting out Muncie Raceway Wednesday Sept 21.

I am encouraging/inviting anyone to come out and play and get those grudge matches out of the way before we get snowed in.
It will be VERY well prepped...so expect to cut one your best ETs at this event.
Last year we rented it out, 100% of the attendees set PBs...(I might be exxaggerating a little)

$35/car
9am-4pm plus free pass to test and tune that evening.
Grudge racing (no clock) can be set up for your car if you prefer.

Raincheck is the week after.

Please make it public if you're going or not so we have an idea of how many people to expect and to encourage more people to show.

Let's get some grudge races set-up.
We can start calling people out...don't be shy.

Rule for callouts on the forum:
Must include a F&F quote somewhere in the post.

I know Tony's FD is ready to rumble if it doesn't blow up by then...
I'd like to race him again, since he's the coolest ricer on this side of the Mississippi River. When I popped my hood he said, "I see a cold air intake. And a NOS fogger system with a T4 turbo, AIC controller. And direct-port nitrous system. And a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend ten grand."
That's why.

If i was to make it down for this who might be intrested in a race?
I would be bringing a 3100 lb car with a sbc on spray stock suspension on a 26x8.5 tire.

Why in a Wed?
Old 09-18-2011, 02:39 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Starfire1
If i was to make it down for this who might be intrested in a race?
I would be bringing a 3100 lb car with a sbc on spray stock suspension on a 26x8.5 tire.

Why in a Wed?
STARFIRE! hey how it goin. Dont bother trying to race anyone here, no fast cars out now. Lots of cars in progress, none are deicated race cars. there is a 9 second S10 I think (pretty badass), but honestly, basically just a bunch of 11 and 12 second cars here. A few get it the 10's, but thats about it. I fear that street racing is a thing of the past with the economy and cops. What car are you talking about (3100 lb sbc)?
Old 09-18-2011, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

I remember the good old days scott, but thats when you had a car and everyone came to town to race you. Out side the Fort like here around Pitt theres lots of racing at the track an the street
Old 09-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SDB
STARFIRE! hey how it goin. Dont bother trying to race anyone here, no fast cars out now. Lots of cars in progress, none are deicated race cars. there is a 9 second S10 I think (pretty badass), but honestly, basically just a bunch of 11 and 12 second cars here. A few get it the 10's, but thats about it. I fear that street racing is a thing of the past with the economy and cops. What car are you talking about (3100 lb sbc)?
My Starfire it's just shy of 3100.
Also have an lt1 car and a sbc chevy II looking to race but not Wed.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SDB
all this coming from a guy that would rather pick up teenage girls in the mall .. ...There are still plenty of fast cars yet. Dont let a guy that doesnt street race and probably never will street race again scare you away.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Default Speed Shop

I will be out of the Speed Shop monday Sept. 19th thru the 25th. Sorry for the inconvience.

Thanks, Joe
Old 09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Glad to hear about other areas being good for streetracing. Ill stand by what I said to Starfire. He is wanting to race an 8 second or perhaps a slower 9 second car against people here in Ft. Wayne. There are not any 8 or 9 second cars running around on a regular basis here in the Fort. It would be a waste of his time to come here. Sure there are a handful of 11 second street cars running around, but they are not in the same category as what Starfire wants to bring out. It would take Gerber's Typhoon running perfect (the race one) to hang with what would be coming to town, or the S-10 that cracked into the 9's to race his LT1 car. thats about it I think.

I am not bashing, but how many summers are people going to be broke down, not dixed, trying new combos, not running, etc? How many years are the fastest cars that are out and about running 11-12 second 1/4 mile times? How many summers are people going to be "almost done with my car"? I think you guys still have fun or you wouldnt do it obviously, and thats cool. Cruising, doing a lil race with another 11-14 second car on the street on occassion, etc if fine. Im just saying don't think that Ft. Wayne has anything to offer someone who is willing to travel with an 8 second car to race on the street. It doesn't. Not anymore.

I still look forward to seeing Massey's car run right, and Robs TA, and Beasts car run...should be very cool to see. But lets not fool ourselves into thinking that people are out streetracing all the time in single digit cars here in the fort...thats all Im saying!

PS, did Darren sell his Camaro?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

No, car is still in my garage. Can't let it go before I try the Nitrous at least once....
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
Glad to hear about other areas being good for streetracing. Ill stand by what I said to Starfire. He is wanting to race an 8 second or perhaps a slower 9 second car against people here in Ft. Wayne. There are not any 8 or 9 second cars running around on a regular basis here in the Fort. It would be a waste of his time to come here. Sure there are a handful of 11 second street cars running around, but they are not in the same category as what Starfire wants to bring out. It would take Gerber's Typhoon running perfect (the race one) to hang with what would be coming to town, or the S-10 that cracked into the 9's to race his LT1 car. thats about it I think.

I am not bashing, but how many summers are people going to be broke down, not dixed, trying new combos, not running, etc? How many years are the fastest cars that are out and about running 11-12 second 1/4 mile times? How many summers are people going to be "almost done with my car"? I think you guys still have fun or you wouldnt do it obviously, and thats cool. Cruising, doing a lil race with another 11-14 second car on the street on occassion, etc if fine. Im just saying don't think that Ft. Wayne has anything to offer someone who is willing to travel with an 8 second car to race on the street. It doesn't. Not anymore.

I still look forward to seeing Massey's car run right, and Robs TA, and Beasts car run...should be very cool to see. But lets not fool ourselves into thinking that people are out streetracing all the time in single digit cars here in the fort...thats all Im saying!

PS, did Darren sell his Camaro?

You are correct.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

hey, starfire, long time no see/hear from u guys. feel free to come down to muncie and race. I cant garrantee u a money race, but you should still come anyways. Im down to race the purple lt1 car and finally get the race we had set up years ago. My setup is still the same, so how bout we do this. 100$ just like last time. I was suppost to race some dude for 500 bones on the 21st but unfortuantly his ********* wernt installed in time so he backed out. Its on wed cause its cheaper to rent on that day.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Teching In

hey, starfire, long time no see/hear from u guys. feel free to come down to muncie and race. I cant garrantee u a money race, but you should still come anyways. Im down to race the purple lt1 car and finally get the race we had set up years ago. My setup is still the same, so how bout we do this. 100$ just like last time. I was suppost to race some dude for 500 bones on the 21st but unfortuantly his ********* wernt installed in time so he backed out. Its on wed cause its cheaper to rent on that day.
The Lt1 car has come a long ways and would be down for a race but can't get off work wed.
I honestly don't think you have anything for him at this point but I have been wrong before. Our last fri TT is this week if you can get up here I'm sure he will race for 100$
I'm trying to get off wed but not sure it will happen.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Teching In

All this 8 sec talk scares me.. I'm on a 26x8.5 tire who's going 8's on that tire?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starfire1
All this 8 sec talk scares me.. I'm on a 26x8.5 tire who's going 8's on that tire?
Several guys out here in KC do it. Hopefully I'll be one next season.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

FI cars. Fortunately you have a piece of dick nitrous sbc car
Old 09-19-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately one of my injectors turned out to have an issue, so it looks like I'm going to have no injectors in the engine for the next week, and the car is too heavy to push down the track. I thought about borrowing BeasTT's injectors, but I don't feel like A) making a big mess out of my intake 2x and B) tuning for a slightly different injector and having to retune for my injectors 2 weeks later.

Hoping to have it running on at least low boost for the LSX Shootout in October though. If I can get it sorted and get the new wastegate springs in, I might be able to get at least mid-boost (10-12 psi) by then. Big boost will probably be next year, hopefully with the solid axle suspension swap. I'm sure it'll still run 14s though.

On a positive note, the extra 2 weeks delay for the injectors is a good excuse to fix some oil leaks and figure out why my speedometer is being a *****.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine hasnt come a long way, still the same combo as the last time but i think i have a good race with him and would prob get him in my opinion. Ill say something similar to ur comment "how fast can a lil s-10 with stock suspension on pump gas on radials be?" I say u guys bring ur cars down. Its too bad the camaro guy cant get off work
Old 09-19-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ive only got a piece-o-dick carbed sbc on a single plate too, so i guess my ***** slow too. Starfire, is your combo similar to last we spoke? if it is then ill be down to race u if ur on one stage like me. last i knew u had a 2stage plate, only use one and i say lets run em. i just wanna see if my heap can even come close to hangin with it
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Ive only got a piece-o-dick carbed sbc on a single plate too, so i guess my ***** slow too. Starfire, is your combo similar to last we spoke? if it is then ill be down to race u if ur on one stage like me. last i knew u had a 2stage plate, only use one and i say lets run em. i just wanna see if my heap can even come close to hangin

If I have to slow my car down so you can race it that seems pointless, bump your jets up.
As far as the lt1 car goes if you think you can hang bring it up here fri or Sunday and we can get the race off at the track for some cash.

Last edited by Starfire1; 09-19-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Several guys out here in KC do it. Hopefully I'll be one next season.
Awd or rear wheel drive?
I would like to see videos. I know there's some fast 1/8 mile guys but 1/4 mile not so many. I only know of a handful at best.
I do know of a turbo Camaro that went like 8.70 at 170.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!