Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:37 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starfire1
Awd or rear wheel drive?
I would like to see videos. I know there's some fast 1/8 mile guys but 1/4 mile not so many. I only know of a handful at best.
I do know of a turbo Camaro that went like 8.70 at 170.
Rear Wheel. One that sticks out in my mind is a S10 with a SBC and a plate. We usually run 1/8th mile out here with our 8.5 heads up class, but in testing the guys run it out the backdoor on occasion. The S10 went 8.98@151 just the other night on Hoosier 8.5's. The other cars are Mustangs with small blocks and a plate.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver_82
Mine hasnt come a long way, still the same combo as the last time but i think i have a good race with him and would prob get him in my opinion. Ill say something similar to ur comment "how fast can a lil s-10 with stock suspension on pump gas on radials be?" I say u guys bring ur cars down. Its too bad the camaro guy cant get off work
Still the same combo you say? What was that video I saw of firing your NEW combo?

I also saw this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUS4WssjCcQ

I guess the lt1 can spin really bad or go on the bumper again but thats not even close to being enough to "get him"
Old 09-19-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know what "new combo" ur talkin about so u can just come out and say whatever u heard and i can say if its true or not, im guessing not. im keepin my mouth shut but i bet i got what it takes to give that lt1 a run. btw, i would up the pills but the plate is maxed, i can try to take the muffs off but i dont know if itll help much. Not tryin to BS ya, as im trying to give u a run. I cant get off work on fri as i took a day off for wed.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Teching In

The track is open Sunday also.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

i may be able to go sunday. text me details as its easier than on here. 260-609-8329
Old 09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Teching In

I guess the lt1 can spin really bad or go on the bumper again but thats not even close to being enough to "get him"
Here's the proof.
http://s400.photobucket.com/albums/p...ent=movie2.mp4

Kyle ran a 9.65@138.5mph, last year. I can only imagine how fast it is now.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NobodyIsSlowerThanMe
Here's the proof.

Heres one of my favorites.
Another Hall's deal!!!-cm7ne.jpg
Old 09-21-2011, 06:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NobodyIsSlowerThanMe
Here's the proof.

Heres one of my favorites.
You guys must be talking about this guy:

(KYLE KLINE)kline454-9.24@145.61 (1.34 60ft),5.88@117.88 1/8. 95 Camaro,A3,AFRs 210heads, 383 11.5cr,custom solid roller,carbed super victor,all bolt-ons,nitrous,3400#

13th fastest LT1 on this board. Damn fast car for sure!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 143 Posts

damn he needs a window in the floor board lol!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB
Dont bother trying to race anyone here, no fast cars out now... ...I fear that street racing is a thing of the past with the economy and cops.
^ Not accurate.

True, there probably aren't a bunch of single digit quarter mile cars around. But where is there that isn't a big city like Chicago?

You've been out of the game too long. It isn't like it used to be, and there are people fixing and breaking stuff. But I have seen a crap load of racing both this year, and recent years, of plenty of people that are running much faster than 12 and 11 second quarter miles.

Klines car is a very fast car. I saw him in person at the LTXshootout in BG Kentucky. I agree the S-10 would be a good race for him if Starfire is looking to set something up.

Just because you don't come out any more, and you probably like to think that no one ever races, doesn't mean that it is true.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
^ Not accurate.

True, there probably aren't a bunch of single digit quarter mile cars around. But where is there that isn't a big city like Chicago?

You've been out of the game too long. It isn't like it used to be, and there are people fixing and breaking stuff. But I have seen a crap load of racing both this year, and recent years, of plenty of people that are running much faster than 12 and 11 second quarter miles.

Klines car is a very fast car. I saw him in person at the LTXshootout in BG Kentucky. I agree the S-10 would be a good race for him if Starfire is looking to set something up.

Just because you don't come out any more, and you probably like to think that no one ever races, doesn't mean that it is true.
Well I opened my mouth and said sunday(My bad) I talked to Kyle and he has a prior engagement Sunday and he also has a couple things to go over on the car since the wheelie.

With that said I am still available for races Sunday but not really looking to slow my car down just to get a race off.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Well I opened my mouth and said sunday(My bad) I talked to Kyle and he has a prior engagement Sunday and he also has a couple things to go over on the car since the wheelie.

With that said I am still available for races Sunday but not really looking to slow my car down just to get a race off.
I don't want to speak for chris, as it is him that would be a good run for Kyle's Camaro. I mearly was noting after seeing both in action that I believe it would be a good race.

I won't be available Sunday either. I am always up for a good race, but am not really in the league of chris or Kyle.

My car would be a good race for someone running a high 10 to a low 11.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ill race u starfire but i wouldnt feel comfortable doin it for money as i know ur a lil quicker than me when ur on 2 kits. i think 1 would be a race. but if u dont want to then i understand. im down for racing kyle. is he goin to the lsx shootout in oct? if so we can do it then. if not then maybe another sunday. also give me details about the race this sunday? when where ect ect
Old 09-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Teching In

AWESOME track day. Thanks chris and adam for putting this together.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
^ Not accurate.

Exactly! I know of a few single digit cars in the Fort, but they don't street race. Sdb your probably to busy modding your walker to keep up on whats really going on. You and kenny probably sit at the dog park together and converse over old times.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by silver_82
Ill race u starfire but i wouldnt feel comfortable doin it for money as i know ur a lil quicker than me when ur on 2 kits. i think 1 would be a race. but if u dont want to then i understand. im down for racing kyle. is he goin to the lsx shootout in oct? if so we can do it then. if not then maybe another sunday. also give me details about the race this sunday? when where ect ect
The race sunday is just a regular bracket sunday at our local track.
Morning is time trials then they will allow test hits and the occasional grudge race between rounds throughout the day.

I have two kits because I dont have a progressive or any high tech ignition stuff, I leave on a small hit then add more once its out a ways.
Its my progressive.
Dont you have a controller?

Asking me to use less nitrous is like asking me to pull plug wires dont you think?
Old 09-22-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

if you dont wanna do that race its cool. but if you wanna race me for "fun" or just for the satisfaction of puttin the whoopin on some fort wayne boy then im down. im assuming ur local track is oceola? start around 10am? im off work but i need to grab plugs and nitrous before i go
Old 09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

OK, how many single digit cars were out on a regular basis in Ft. Wayne this past summer?

How many single digit cars raced on the street here in Ft. Wayne this past summer?

how many cars are in the 10's or better...acutally went to the track and ran 10.99 or better....that were out more than 5 times this past summer?

I know there are some quick cars running around town, 11-12 second true street cars, but how many were racing this summer?

I am happy that a handful are out enjoying the car thing, but just being realistic here. Not trying to be mean, but to say that people are out running a bunch of single digit cars around the Fort is just nonsense. Starfire and his group are much more hardcore racers than people in Ft. Wayne have ever been, even back in the early 90's. I was just letting them know that things have not changed, but gotten worse. We have some potentially fast F-body's (Rob barneys 800+ rwhp TA, Masseys Camaro...both of which should be 9 second cars if sorted out right), Kyle's S-10 (probably the fastest street car in the Fort Wayne area that will come out to race realistically) and some old school cars that exist but are never out that run 9's, and a typhoon that should be an 8 second ride but likely wont be on the street ever.

I would like to see Kyle and Starfire or the LT1 car race, either on the street or at the track, so if you guys get a time set, let us all know. I am still interested in the street car thing, but it just isnt that fun right now.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB
OK, how many single digit cars were out on a regular basis in Ft. Wayne this past summer?

How many single digit cars raced on the street here in Ft. Wayne this past summer?

how many cars are in the 10's or better...acutally went to the track and ran 10.99 or better....that were out more than 5 times this past summer?

I know there are some quick cars running around town, 11-12 second true street cars, but how many were racing this summer?
There is a reason you don't know the answers to these questions. It's simple; you are not ever out or a part of it anymore.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

bodrab, kyle is the guy with the lt1, im the guy with the **** 10 as u called it a few years ago. BTW, ur old 10.2 has been assraped long long ago, so r u building ur car yet, if the scene sucks so bad then build somethin and make it better. Yes u r correct in saying that some only benchrace and worry about dyno #s and never go to the track for whatever reason, but the scene is still alive, and racing does happen. I prefer on the track though.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!