Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

New navy camo uniform doesn't HAVE to be bloused?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question New navy camo uniform doesn't HAVE to be bloused?!?!

I have a WACKY question. I have a guy I work with that is walking around my command WITHOUT his new Navy camo uniform bloused at the bottoms....SO...they look like tactical slacks or something...I heard from some of the guys that work with him that he is telling people that there is NOWHERE that it says that you HAVE to blouse the new camo uniform. Is this TRUE? This is THAT GUY in our command....the one who has the "coffie shop" attitude where he has always been attention starved and will do anything for people to talk to him. I'm not REALLy sure if this is true with the whole blousing of the pants....just seeing if anyone has seen this somewhere in WRITING where you HAVE to blouse them....
Old 05-06-2010, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

I know when I was in training at Pensacola NAS, all the Navy had there's bloused so i would assume they would have to be. While I was there though one of my MTL's didn't have to blouse his pants because I think he was TACP. So it could be your Navy guy doesn't have to because of his career field?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Sube why were you at NAS P-cola? When did you go through ? Sheetmetal or NDI or Water survival ?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

I did Sheetmetal at good ol P'cola. Went through August 2009 to December 2009. I'm in the MOANG out of Whiteman. Went to Sheetmetal but I'm doing LO work lol.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Teching In

It's my understanding that they have to be bloused. I'm at NAS Pensacola too.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Which ones? The blue/black camo?

I know when out in the field, ruck runs, etc we sometimes unblouse ours to get some airflow... but NEVER in garrison

Then again, we are the men's department of the Navy... I dont know about the rest of ya'll

Semper Fi

Edit: yeah they can be - I cant copy/paste on my phone but the wording is "NWU trousers can be worn unbloused on job sites or at work spaces" whatever that means

Last edited by VinR1; 05-06-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

I know for the army we have all our 'rules' written in regulations or ALRACT messages which are "in between regulation edition" updates..

When you say not bloused.. Were they tucked into boots or just openly hanging out covering the laces.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unbloused - over laces like you would normally wear slacks or jeans

tucked into boots?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
12 Second Club

But does NWU pertain to Navy camos? Cause I know that when I was at Pensacola it seemed like the Navy had like 20 different uniforms lol.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VinR1
Which ones? The blue/black camo?

I know when out in the field, ruck runs, etc we sometimes unblouse ours to get some airflow... but NEVER in garrison

Then again, we are the men's department of the Navy... I dont know about the rest of ya'll

Semper Fi

Edit: yeah they can be - I cant copy/paste on my phone but the wording is "NWU trousers can be worn unbloused on job sites or at work spaces" whatever that means
you mean these guys?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"unbloused at job sites or in the work space" means exactly that. it's kind of like taking your blouse off to do dirty work, it's just a way to relax the uniform. i don't think you can just walk around base like that but i haven't seen anything in writing. i know when i was on vbss we were told not to blouse our trousers in case we fell overboard.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah in garrison, or the office, or just walking around in uniform they have to be bloused. but like he^ said when you get down and dirty they can come undone. kinda like boots and utes for us. you wouldn't normaly walk around the admin office in boots and utes would you? same ****...
Old 05-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Teching In

You definitely can't walk around base or on your ship or shore command without them being bloused. Relaxed in your workspace is fine though given the circumstances. I mean there are always exceptions like if you're wearing a cast or something of that nature. It is now authorized for wear off-base, during routine stops and at eating establishments during the prescribed workday. Where it gets tricky is with the NWU top. Some commands make you roll up the sleaves during certain times of the year while the instruction doesnt say that it is mandatory.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

http://www.npc.navy.mil/CommandSuppo...leChiefNWU.htm
Description and Wear of Uniform Components
Trousers, (NWU)
Article 3603.6

Description.
Trousers have an elasticized waist with belt loops. The trousers have two
quarter top pockets, two bellowed thigh cargo pockets, and two back hip
pockets with flaps. There is a front zippered fly closure and button closures
for the waistband and back pockets. The knees and seat have reinforcement
patches.

Correct Wear.
Trousers will be worn fastened fully on the waist with belt buckled centered over the trouser fastener. The trouser legs shall be bloused with blousing straps so the blouse covers the top three rows of boot eyelets. When authorized to wear the trousers unbloused, the trouser leg length will not extend below the bottom of the safety boot heel. Organization issued or personally purchased thermal underwear is authorized to be worn underneath the NWU trousers. Thermal underwear will not be visible when worn.

Quick Reply: New navy camo uniform doesn't HAVE to be bloused?!?!