Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Question for all military members.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Question for all military members.

I know as well as anyone that yes part of our jobs means we might have to go overseas or deploy. My point is that I was going to post threads in some sections asking if there is anyway for LS1tech sponsors to lower or maybe even wave the shipping and handling fees for military members overseas. Maybe they might persaude other places to do the same.
Do any of the other military members agree with me on this or does it sounds weird. I thought I would get all of your input before I go posting in other sections. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:25 AM
TECH Regular

maybe not completely free, but a discount would be nice
Old 03-20-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Junkie

that would be nice, shippin to hawaii is nutzo
Old 03-20-2006, 04:30 AM
Launching!

I had something happen to me...

i bought a product from a company ( not a sponsor )

but I told him to ship to my home ady. well i was surprised 4 weeks later i got a huge box full of car parts...

it wouldn't be so bad but i was in Iraq
Old 03-24-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slowcamaro
I had something happen to me...

i bought a product from a company ( not a sponsor )

but I told him to ship to my home ady. well i was surprised 4 weeks later i got a huge box full of car parts...

it wouldn't be so bad but i was in Iraq
Were they free parts?
Either way that's pretty damn funny!

I think Patriot Perf should definitely do something based on the company name!

I don't think it would be out of line to point out how many military members are here and see what the sponsors will do for us.

I'll tell you one thing, if a sponsor supported us troops, they'd have at least one customer for life!
Old 03-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Launching!

That would be awesome...but it's something we would have to proabably persuade them to do.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

sounds good to me!!! as many people already know after all the hard work we do on a daily basis our cars is one of our only ways to relieve and come back to reality.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Teching In

when i came back from iraq last august i called texas speed and told them i was military and needed some parts from them i asked if they give any kind of discount or cou ld help me out they gave me free shipping and i think tax free if they have sales tax.not being a smart *** here, but sometimes it helps to call if you are military most sponsors that have good reps help out the military cause for the most part they are thankfull for all our work.got a tranny rock on gave me 100$ off this covered shiping
Old 03-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Teching In

dave at rock on told me when i told him i was at ft. bragg he man you just saved yourself a 100 bucks from my understanding they give this to any soldier,oh yeah he is a dav member too this helps.the only company that hasn't covered shipping that i ordered from is fuddle but i didn't ask.alls they can say is no. now places like texas speed are not going to do this every time you order so the best way i have found is ask for the discount when you are going to buy alot they are more likely to help out
Old 03-24-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

some places do some dont.

But the thing is is they want a copy of your ID & its against regs to even photo copy your id any more. because of id theift &* also HS
Old 04-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by zo6vette037
I know as well as anyone that yes part of our jobs means we might have to go overseas or deploy. My point is that I was going to post threads in some sections asking if there is anyway for LS1tech sponsors to lower or maybe even wave the shipping and handling fees for military members overseas. Maybe they might persaude other places to do the same.
Do any of the other military members agree with me on this or does it sounds weird. I thought I would get all of your input before I go posting in other sections. Thanks.
Everywhere I go I ask for a military discount. A lot of places don't give one because times are so tight right now. "If we gave military discounts, we we wouldn't make any money," seems to be the standard answer.

Quick Reply: Question for all military members.