Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

MAXIMA KILLS Camaro!!!! You HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAXIMA KILLS Camaro!!!! You HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!!

Ill let you make all the calls. AND fyi, the Maxima has a supercharged VQ30DE and is spraying. Camaro is bolt-on/slicks.

<www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7sX3sle4-k>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7sX3sle4-k

Last edited by 98camaro28; 11-13-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Who gives a ****? Maxima's are ****** badass front wheel drive cars.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KFC_Or_Bust
Who gives a ****? Maxima's are ****** badass front wheel drive cars.
x2...I wouldn't mind having one as my DD...rocking the GTP now. Both are great, the SC 3.8L kicks *** in the snow
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

So he had more money to mod his car than the camaro owner. That's cool. Didn't read the comments bc I already assume what they said. Typical river bs. But in no way is that maxima a ricer car. It looked like any other stock maxima. Pretty badass if you ask me
Old 11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

What is the big deal?

Camaro:
Ran a 12.54, not bad for his mods, although it seems he F'ed up the launch and dogged the '60 a bit

Maxima:
So you take a 3L v6 that makes what 240hp?(crank of course) Add a supercharger and supporting mods now your around 285-310hp?(wheel now), and then juice it, Even on a 75 shot he has to be putting down decent numbers. Now we do not get to see his time, but he isn't that much ahead of the camaro so i'm guessing lower twelves. He didn't cheat, you can see the typical FWD launch and then playing catch up to pass the camaro in the end.

So in the end the car with more power won.........................BIG DEAL SIR!!! Your v8 isn't the end all of engines, I love the ls1 but he just got out powered. Now if the camaro had a supercharger and juice with proper supporting mods then would probably would be in the 10's.

PS: I doubt any of us are going to go back you up on youtube, your comments are uncalled for and it seems you made a fool of yourself, no offense.

So last edit but here is a supercharged max making 326 on 7 psi, not bad if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxSUv...eature=related

Last edited by link138; 11-12-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

So he had more money to mod his car than the camaro owner. That's cool. Didn't read the comments bc I already assume what they said. Typical river bs. But in no way is that maxima a ricer car. It looked like any other stock maxima. Pretty badass if you ask me
Old 11-12-2009, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

i remember when my dad would bring these home from the dealership (former gm of McDavid Nisson at the old location for the houston people) when they came out new, they are fast sob's
Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 PM
9 Second Club

It's a fast Maxima and I give him props for that. Slow Camaro though......but it's all relative. Compared to my 8.1L 7800lb Avalanche they're both fast. Compared to my TA they're both slow. I remember losing to an Eclipse when I was just heads and cam back many years ago. He had me easily at the 1/8 mile. So I ended up throwing the switch for nitrous and ended up catching him, passing him and winning.

He said MAN those LS1's sure pull up at the top, I thought I had ya! Then I told him I sprayed on him at the 1/8th mile and beyond? He was visibly upset. WHY DID YOU SPRAY ON ME? I said because I didn't want to lose to your built Eclipse! We both laughed about it afterwards.

So the moral of the story is....if you're mostly stock and you're afriad of losing to a Maxima make sure you have a warm bottle ready just in case! LOL......
Old 11-12-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

First off, Im not ******* Maximas. Like I said in my comments, I respect all cars for their potential. BUT saying that Maximas smoke Camaros all day long and that all he has to do is turbo, exhaust, and cams and i quote"smoke ANYTHING on the highway" is just ignorant. That is my point. Im simply arguing the "Maxima is better than god" attitude. His ego is WAY too inflated, and he is just blowing smoke out of his ***. Out of all the Japanese auto makers, Nissan is by far my favorite. Im actually building a VG30DE for my best friends 86 300zx right now! All I am saying is that guy is WAY too cocky and trying to make them out to be better than they are, and talk **** about Chevy. Its pure ignorance, and I hate uneducated ****-talkers. Money is power, but in the world of who is top dog and who isn't, the Maxima is virtually nowhere near the map. At least an F-body is somewhere on the list. I see his point and frustration with people ******* on the car, but thats not where Im coming from. Hell, I would drive the **** out of that 6 banger. Just understand where im coming from.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Dude it is one guy on YOUTUBE, let it go. He is entitled to his opinion, let him have it.

Hell I was a diehard honda fanboy till one night at the local hangout, a CETA pulled in with headers and a cut-out. So loud it shook my bones..........and opened my eyes, 2 months later I had a trans am.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I know what you mean. Hell back in the day when The Fast and the Furious came out, I honestly thought that ricer stuff was cool. (Don't get me wrong, I am a FIRM believer in the difference between RICE and TUNER) I actually have a friend that has a K20A hatch on a 75 shot. Motor just has intake, full exhaust, and cams. Even with me spraying, it is still on my *** pretty good, all things considering. I would love to build a K series to just strip and do mild stuff with a little spray. Would be fun as hell.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

some fast imports out there but fwd for the loss!!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1slowM6
some fast imports out there but fwd for the loss!!
It may be fast.....but at the end of the day youre still driving a Maxima.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

props to the maxima for beating an ls camaro on slicks.......thats all
Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

my wife drives a 08 maxima. the transmissioin is a little strange to me. the rpms dont drop in between shifts. it sounds like major clutch slippage but i know its not. but it is pretty fast for a grocery getter .
Old 11-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bobodog
my wife drives a 08 maxima. the transmissioin is a little strange to me. the rpms dont drop in between shifts. it sounds like major clutch slippage but i know its not. but it is pretty fast for a grocery getter .
thats got a cvt IIRC, so it doesnt really ever shift...
Old 11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
thats got a cvt IIRC, so it doesnt really ever shift...
yea.thanks.i forgot what it was called. its a wierd one for sure.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Thats pretty cool. My wife has a 95'. I just recently picked up a turbo and front mount for it. I'm just trying to get the car in the 13's for her.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Props for a fast import. Hell I fallowed two Fieros for the last 3 miles to the track, you could tell they were peices of ****, beat to hell but they were both turboed and running 10s! Making something fast that usualy isn't is awesome. If I beat a camaro with anything I would show boat a bit. I am hoping to have the **** to talk next year with my truck!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98camaro28
First off, Im not ******* Maximas. Like I said in my comments, I respect all cars for their potential. BUT saying that Maximas smoke Camaros all day long and that all he has to do is turbo, exhaust, and cams and i quote"smoke ANYTHING on the highway" is just ignorant. That is my point. Im simply arguing the "Maxima is better than god" attitude. His ego is WAY too inflated, and he is just blowing smoke out of his ***. Out of all the Japanese auto makers, Nissan is by far my favorite. Im actually building a VG30DE for my best friends 86 300zx right now! All I am saying is that guy is WAY too cocky and trying to make them out to be better than they are, and talk **** about Chevy. Its pure ignorance, and I hate uneducated ****-talkers. Money is power, but in the world of who is top dog and who isn't, the Maxima is virtually nowhere near the map. At least an F-body is somewhere on the list. I see his point and frustration with people ******* on the car, but thats not where Im coming from. Hell, I would drive the **** out of that 6 banger. Just understand where im coming from.

Go **** a pole or somthing who cares

Quick Reply: MAXIMA KILLS Camaro!!!! You HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!!