Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

2011 GT H/C/I makes 507hp N/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
Sorry, but there are MANY 4th GEN Fbodys that are 11 Second cars with Intake,Tune, Exhaust, Gears, Drag radials that cost a HELLUVA A LOT Less than 27K!

And if you want to start check stock ported head and cam the LS1 has been a better Powerband (hp/tq) with the Cartek 4x setup.
Ricer math FTL... You cant ever compare the price differences with old cars vs new cars two completely different leagues and I hate when people try that

Originally Posted by LSXNV
The LS3 makes more torque then the 5.0 at the same horse power level. That simply translates into a win. The only way around this is giving the LS3 a gearing disadvantage.
Translates into a win huh? Prove it... Name one time when you go to the track or even roll race for that matter when you are under 3k rpm at the very lowest... Yes torque makes a car feel awesome and gives that SOTP feeling and you really cant beat that but in a race you are at high rpm's the entire time so its not relevant then.

It Sure does get better and better! Everyday another mustang owner post up on to LS1tech.com to promote the DOHC VVT 5.0l. Then gets argues driveability, Torque, Weight, Peak HP numbers, etc... on why we should look out for the MUSTANG but post very little factual info. Other than a DYNO graph with no SAE correction Factor, compression Ratio Info, Fuel info, or even a FULLY installed Price!

Even worse they get hurt that some of the LSx crowd isnt impressed that you put almost $7K into the car to make 507HP @ 7600rpm and matched the Torque curve of a 4-clydr WRX.

Want to impress us?!? Stick with the 03/04 Cobras! Its the best out of the box chassis and power plant combo youve had in YEARS!!

I guess your own Mustang supporter, TRAV4011 described your 5.0L best
Im not a newb and brand loyalist by any means but I know when to respect cars and the things that are accomplished but I guess that is too much for some individuals to accept when another brand makes a impressive product.

I gave all of the information that I had available, I'm pretty sure it is still stock compression because I doubt the heads were milled or anything of that nature and its stock internals, and most dyno's are corrected these days and the calculations are placed into them before any run is made but there is that possibility that this dyno is rather old, who knows.

I never expected for anyone to praise the new gt or anything like that by any means but some people need to grow up and give respect where respect is due. However, I guess that's just too much to ask from some people, which is very sad to think about.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all these years us LSx guys bragged on how much hp we had over mustangs, but now that the new 5.0 has caught up in a blink of an eye, we are pulling out the..."oh yeah, well,... my lsx motor has more torque than your 5.0" card.......lame
Old 02-24-2011, 04:28 PM
9 Second Club

Nice numbers.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Ricer math FTL... You cant ever compare the price differences with old cars vs new cars two completely different leagues and I hate when people try that

Translates into a win huh? Prove it... Name one time when you go to the track or even roll race for that matter when you are under 3k rpm at the very lowest... Yes torque makes a car feel awesome and gives that SOTP feeling and you really cant beat that but in a race you are at high rpm's the entire time so its not relevant then.

Im not a newb and brand loyalist by any means but I know when to respect cars and the things that are accomplished but I guess that is too much for some individuals to accept when another brand makes a impressive product.

I gave all of the information that I had available, I'm pretty sure it is still stock compression because I doubt the heads were milled or anything of that nature and its stock internals, and most dyno's are corrected these days and the calculations are placed into them before any run is made but there is that possibility that this dyno is rather old, who knows.

I never expected for anyone to praise the new gt or anything like that by any means but some people need to grow up and give respect where respect is due. However, I guess that's just too much to ask from some people, which is very sad to think about.

Okay did you ever think they could put a thinner headgasket in the car if they didnt mill the heads??? Would that raise compression ratio? Im sure it would but your the expert here so enlighten us all!

Secondly do you know anything about dyno operation??? I could post the same pull of my Car SAE correct with a smoothing factor of 1 and post 535whp or leave the standard smoothing of 5 to post a peak of 531whp. I could also remove the SAE correction and change the value to STD (Standard) and post 545whp with a smoothing factor of 5! All from one single pull off of a dyno jet! Send me a WinPep7 file from a car dynoed in Florida and i can post the different results here in NEBRASKA!

So here we go again another "I THINK" Reporting back to you in the "National Enquirer" internet Posting studio!

BTW Im giving the FORD credit Ive always thought the Termi's were a MEAN SOB!!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll give ford some respect, I mean they added 100hp to the Mustang and we all know it definitely needed it!!!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

When you make the 5.0L have a WHP/TQ curve similar to THIS, that isnt at Yamaha R6 RPM Ill be impressed!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...07-9-rwhp.html
^^^ This is from 2006 when you were still playing with your 4cams in a 4.6L N/A Pile and struggling to break 12.50's NA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSA778AqtA

1QWIKZ Some like to view the ENTIRE dyno Graph (as it is used for a TOOL, Not Bragging Rights!) sorry you seem to think torque is lame but if your into High Reving HP ditch your LSx for a High Reving Circle Track Motor.

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-24-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
***Repost Police***

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, its these pissing contests that have fueled our hobby since the day the first internal combustion automotive engine started.

And some may think this is blind brand loyalty, and for some it may be. But like I posted before, I want an engine that has alot of area under the curve. Thats what you feel, and it makes for the best street strip car (isn't that what most of us want?). And I want all that for less money then the other dude's engine.

The Coyote is a great engine with alot of potential. It is just too one sided as far as HP/TQ goes. And truth be told, I am willing to bet a 450hp LS3 will win over a 500hp 5.0 at the strip all else being equal.
MAYBE if you put the LS3 in the Mustang. Is the LS3 an awesome engine? Absolutely. But the car that Chevrolet put it in (Corvette isn't the same class, so don't bother playing that card) weighs 300lbs more than the Mustang. And it's been shown time and time again that not only will the new Mustang GT outrun a Camaro SS when both cars are stock, but it will do the same damage mod-for-mod. When the H/C/I packages really start coming out for this car, we'll be able to compare even more.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
:
Under 3k? I don't know many LS engines making torque peak that low. And that initial hit off the line, you know, where tires are being pulled off the ground and chassis are twisting and that pull each time you shift. That's torque. Its what makes you move. Its what causes acceleration. And its what makes the horsepower. (Torque X RPM) / 5252 = Horsepower.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
and whats your point, from the looks of it you dont have a LS3...or a LS motor at all?
Whats that got to do with any thing?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Someone should do a 10mph roll race between both stock new Camaros and mustangs, then we can see how power under the curve, and more torque effects the out come.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
MAYBE if you put the LS3 in the Mustang. Is the LS3 an awesome engine? Absolutely. But the car that Chevrolet put it in (Corvette isn't the same class, so don't bother playing that card) weighs 300lbs more than the Mustang. And it's been shown time and time again that not only will the new Mustang GT outrun a Camaro SS when both cars are stock, but it will do the same damage mod-for-mod. When the H/C/I packages really start coming out for this car, we'll be able to compare even more.
I agree with you completely! I know some guys here don't agree but I think the new camaro is a huge disappointment. I mean, the car has almost 100hp over its predecessor and is about equal in the quarter. And its a camaro that weighs as much as a '65 Tempest wagon. Thats why I am all about putting the LS3 in my car, and coming out ahead in the payment department.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

F8L and 1quickz have u ever wonder how a heavy as duramax diesel truck manges to run 12s at the track and beat *** on the street!?! It might only make 450bhp but it makes tonz of torque!!

Secondly I would take a 2010 h/c/I ss over a 2011 5.0 gt. It should be a damn good race considering the ss makes a better avg torque curve

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-24-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry for typos this is via droid 2!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

When u start comparing two equal performing cars (no matter what the weight/engine) the concerning factor is bang for buck!! In which the 2010 ls3 camaro wins hands down! sorry the lsx has been out longer ford! So don't cry foul accept it and go back to svtp and help urself to the ego boost of .4 litres of more dohc displacement!

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-24-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Teching In

NOOOOOO! i cant believe it!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

F8L and 1quickz have u ever wonder how a heavy as duramax diesel truck manges to run 12s at the track and beat *** on the street!?! It might only make 450bhp but it makes tonz of torque!!

Secondly I would take a 2010 h/c/I ss over a 2011 5.0 gt. It should be a damn good race considering the ss makes a better avg torque curve
grow up and quit yer bitchin. i used to be a hardcore mustang fanboy, until the arrival of the LS1. thats when i realized that what i really loved and appreciated was american muscle. you need to accept what the new coyote engine is, a modern day marvel...just like LS1 used to be. there is nothing wrong with praising a car, no matter what brand it is....and just to let you know, i am saving my pennies for a gt500.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Under 3k? I don't know many LS engines making torque peak that low. And that initial hit off the line, you know, where tires are being pulled off the ground and chassis are twisting and that pull each time you shift. That's torque. Its what makes you move. Its what causes acceleration. And its what makes the horsepower. (Torque X RPM) / 5252 = Horsepower.
Then why are there so many shitbox Hondas with no torque at all running so fast? Magic?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gocartone
Then why are there so many shitbox Hondas with no torque at all running so fast? Magic?
lower weight + really steep gearing.
Torque multiplied through gearing is what matters.
If those diesels had gearing like the said Honda's they'd accelerate quicker in that given gear (assuming traction is there). Problem would be they'd run out of RPM to quickly and have to switch up to the next gear.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1QWIKZ
grow up and quit yer bitchin. i used to be a hardcore mustang fanboy, until the arrival of the LS1. thats when i realized that what i really loved and appreciated was american muscle. you need to accept what the new coyote engine is, a modern day marvel...just like LS1 used to be. there is nothing wrong with praising a car, no matter what brand it is....and just to let you know, i am saving my pennies for a gt500.
....Like the LS1 used to be.... are you trying to feed everybody not thinking this is impressive(not that I think I don't) full of $h*t or what? They are still coming out with more and more parts for small cubed LS engines that are way impressive! It is good that there is competition between the rivals of the cars we consider muscle cars today. The only thing that keeps me from being to impressed is the fact that GM uses a pushrod engine and Ford is going a different route and they are still trying to compete with a REAL motor. I wouldn't consider the 5.0 a modern day marvel at all! How many more cubes can you get with those heads? With what everyone is talking about in this thread with the Coyote motor getting 500+ rwhp should be very reasonable with all the time Ford has had to catch up!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

1QwikZ - It seems your the one who's bitchin. If the Facts and physics are hard for you to understand get pissed at your math teacher. Sounds like you still are a HARDCORE MUSTANG fan and thats your choice. But dont try and persuade me that a 507hp 416tq motor is better than a 510hp 460tq motor! If the 5.0 is so GOOD why get the GT500??!?! Either way its up to you and the LSx is the still a Modern Marvel.

The sad thing you might realize is while most of you 5.0l Ford guys are sitting on a stock 302ci. Us LSx guys will be in the 402+ C.i. with the avaible upgrade due to the design of our Blocks! Then we can hear the same old song and dance "BUT YOURS IS BIGGER THAN MINE ". And its back to the drawing board!

As for Torque Heres a another Display of the LS3 vs DOHC VTEC 5.0L
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2010...er_burnout.php

Oh and the 1999 Model 5.3L is Still able makes more BHP/TQ then your stock 5.0L 11 years later!!!

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/engin..._manifold.html

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...o_results.html

^^^ And These test with with a mere 9.5-10:1 SCR. I could only imagine what 11.0:1 would bring ya!

Last edited by 06X6spdGTO; 02-24-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 GT H/C/I makes 507hp N/A