Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Video's: Post Your Closest Brush(es) With Death That You Have on Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Video's: Post Your Closest Brush(es) With Death That You Have on Video

While recording a lot of my motorcycle riding, track time, and other random events, I have accrued a couple vids of some near death experiences. These are the two scariest for me personally...

In Downingtown, PA on my Honda Hawk GT when I was a newer rider - took the corner too fast, and turned too early on PA Route 282. It almost cost me BIG time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yZauTIOXs

In Chadds Ford, PA on my Honda VFR800 Interceptor when I was riding Creek Road. An Audi went to pass a road biker (pedal biker) and nearly took me out head on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbV0iHF-0O8

Edit - a couple more:
At Cecil County Dragway - got too much traction and did a surprise wheelie which bumped me into neutral!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DShRoMvbtFc

At New Jersey Motorsports Park on my old Hawk GT - I moto'd it (ran off the track) - just past 6 mins in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiCbdQUa6y8

I know I'm not the only one with vids like this. So, let's see YOUR brushes with death. Post up.

Last edited by HibachiZ28; 06-07-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

and that is why i will not own a motorcycle, would LOVE to have one but stupid people not paying attention is not worth it. I was kinda warming up to the idea of getting one but last year i was at work on a saturday and there was a horrible bike wreck, i was the first one to get to the dude and his leg was an accordian and had broken ribs and road rash.... all because some jackass in a truck pulled out in front of him. cured me of wanting a bike.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:51 AM
-M-

Originally Posted by mattyj385
and that is why i will not own a motorcycle, would LOVE to have one but stupid people not paying attention is not worth it.
risk of an accident is higher in a car. BUT the outcome is usually worse when it does happen
Old 06-05-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol i like how you honk the horn in the second vid like it was going to save you're life. I ride a bike as well ( GSXR 1000 ) and have had NUMEROUS experiences mainly because you have to have a mindset of ( EVERYONE is out to get you ) and its true. Nothing has been my fault, always someone else.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

I had a few close calls when I had a bike too. This should be a good thread!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by -M-
risk of an accident is higher in a car. BUT the outcome is usually worse when it does happen
I am willing to bet time spent in car vs. wrecks and time riding bikes vs. wreck is higher on bikes.

I also would love a bike but I know I would be dead in a year. I have ridden motorcycles twice. First time was a 80 something Honda Interceptor nothing too crazy just a mile or two of fun. Seccond time was a brand new bussa and i was doing 90 in 150 feet. I love speed and don't trust myself or the other idiots on the road.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on, no one else?! I saw that Audi / oil video, but no one here has moments like that on video? Even photos?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, its not a brush with death but a few years ago ive filmed an acceleration vid in my car on an unknown back road.... At the end of the run i lost traction due to a curve and almost spun out... I shat my pants for sure that time... Yea, i know, it was stupid of me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOptQ...el_video_title
Old 06-07-2011, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nitrous + Street tires =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op5tvnWM2OI

Next day I bought Mickey E/T streets.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 AM
On The Tree

^^^ that guy was staright trippin dont blame him though id **** my pants if i was either one of yall
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by LS1PUNK
Nitrous + Street tires =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op5tvnWM2OI

Next day I bought Mickey E/T streets.
Lol reminds me when me and my friend took out my dad c6 vette and went messin around. Took it to the highway to do a quick pull. I stop to do a quick acceleration run, I launch it all is good, than it shifts to second and the tires go up in smoke instantly sending the *** in around. This is a highway with no shoulder. Anyway lost control when it shifted to second at about 55 and sent me in the ditch. Luckily I pulled hard back to the left missing a sign and keeping it from going deepin the ditch and saved it when we hit the highway again. That is my second scariest story in a car. Mostly because I would have been dead wrecking my dads vette. Never drive a car with 405hp that isn't yours when you don't know the car well. That car is soo weird because you don't hear the tires spinning with those damn run flats and all the sudden it just feels like your on ice.

My second scariest moment was when I took out my friends 95 chevy truck and we wur racin my other friends red colorado just for the hell of it cuz we wur bored being stupid. My friend that owned the truck was with me and the other 2 wur in the red truck. Anyway ther is a cemetary outside my town and a corner right around it that goes out to a straight road out of town wher no one ever goes. So we went racing out on that road and on the way back we wur racing into town side by side at 100+ mph when all of the sudden out of the pitch black I see the yellow curving road sign 45mph on it, and by this time we are still doing 100+. This part is a little harder to explain, but going back in town there is a road that curves left (45mph) and a road that goes straight, but since there was not room for both of us to go straight I had no decision, but to try to do a 45mph turn at 100 in a truck or go straight into a pit that drops off just like how a steep ditch does. So I slam the brakes, but it's to late and we hit the pit at about 95 mph. Im thinking wur dead for sure the intire time. (no seat belts). So we hit it head on and amazingly I am still hanging on to the steering wheel doing my best to keep it straight and hold the brake down while we shoot through this pit over 70 mph or so. We slide/bounce and I watch my friend hit his head on the winshield and get thrown all though the cab. We go a good 50 feet tell we get to the other side of the pit and now we are doing probably 45mph and ramp out of the ditch halfway over the cemetary fence straight in the cemetary. After we sit there a few seconds I ask my friend if he is going to be ok and at this time he was just holding his head and said "yea". We get out and look at the damage. The front bumper is litterally up where you would open the hood at and the winshield is smashed from his head. By this time my friends come runnning over thinking we are dead and say that people are standing outside and probably called the cops. We get in and take off back to his house (yep the truck still runs) and make it home safely. The truck was a $700 truck with 225k lol. Had to post this up even if I do suck at explaining it, but that is my closest time to death. And whats worse is I could have killed my friend.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
LS1Tech Editor

LS1Punk-

That vid is classic! I think all Gearheads can relate. Good times, reminded me of being in High School again.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Had to wait to get home to see 'em but good vids. Keep 'em coming!!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It wasnt to bad, it was a two lane highway with tress on one side and a guard rail on the other so I HAD to keep it on the pavement. Ended up doing a 540 on the highway and ended up facing traffic, didnt even stall the car.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
While recording a lot of my motorcycle riding, track time, and other random events, I have accrued a couple vids of some near death experiences. These are the two scariest for me personally...

In Downingtown, PA on my Honda Hawk GT when I was a newer rider - took the corner too fast, and turned too early on PA Route 282. It almost cost me BIG time:
In Chadds Ford, PA on my Honda VFR800 Interceptor when I was riding Creek Road. An Audi went to pass a road biker (pedal biker) and nearly took me out head on:
DUDE!!!! I miss those roads soooo much!! I graduated from Unionville High School. So, roads like Rt. 100, Rt. 82, etc. were always a blast to drive on. I'm out in MI now where everything is laid out like a tic-tac-toe board. Everytime I go back, I try to drive on those roads to regain my sanity - even if it's in a shitty rental car.

Although it's not exactly as close of a call as your vid, it could have been bad IF we would have been there 5 seconds earlier. This was taken right after I got a my T/C CbSS and drove it home. Like you, my front wheels came off the ground over a hill and I ended up in the oncoming traffic lane @ 1:18 (notice the big ******* truck that would have been all up in my grille). PS - Please ignore the loud thud @ 0:55 - my dumb *** put a tire in the ditch by hitting the apex too hard. Oh, and pay attention to my friend @ 2:20. We got stuck behind a mini-van and he was telling me about a straight a few turns ahead. We had a little miscommunication and he about **** his pants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n66IGV5eLg

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 06-08-2011 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

SSpd: The roads here are going to **** though. They have been using a technique called "tar and chipping" on a lot of the great back roads here. Thankfully, 52 was just paved, after being in that T&C state for a couple years. I hope they pave Creek Road now as it's currently in the T&C state
Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
SSpd: The roads here are going to **** though. They have been using a technique called "tar and chipping" on a lot of the great back roads here. Thankfully, 52 was just paved, after being in that T&C state for a couple years. I hope they pave Creek Road now as it's currently in the T&C state
That's not what I wanted to hear, man...
Old 09-27-2011, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

OP, that first vid made me cringe when you almost went into that rail, I know what its like... going around a turn, a car coming the opposite way on the inside lane went over the double yellow and i had to go wide, i literally road the edge of the road/gravel, other than that... ive had hundreds of close calls, especially at street races, so many idiots there... so i havent gone back with the bike since...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
That's not what I wanted to hear, man...
82 and 282 were still brilliant last I checked. Creek Road between 152 and Route 1 is crap. Once you get south of there (where the vid was shot) it's still decent.

Originally Posted by hendrixx
OP, that first vid made me cringe when you almost went into that rail, I know what its like... going around a turn, a car coming the opposite way on the inside lane went over the double yellow and i had to go wide, i literally road the edge of the road/gravel, other than that... ive had hundreds of close calls, especially at street races, so many idiots there... so i havent gone back with the bike since...
That was some time ago when I didn't know how to ride. Largely thanks in part to never being at the track on my bike. With my current experience and current bike (as shown in the Audi video) things have changed somewhat. Still don't get to ride as much as I would like. It's sad really. I hear you on the street racing deal - it's like that here. Somewhere you just don't want to be. If you show up just to watch, they can cite you. The thing is.. the police in PA don't typically ever chase a motorcycle if you run. Too many lawsuits have been filed so a lot of stations have rules against bike chases.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Figured I'd bump this back to life