Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Coyotah vs ls

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 06:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 439 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
Someone should check on Ohio I'm sure this vid has him on suicide watch.......... Coyote letting the bros down.
Troof
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Should of used the same blower on both, more parts that are the same the less bitching happens on both sides either way build what you like
Using the same blower on 2 completely different engines would only have restricted the ls.......or blew the coyote up even earlier.

As i have said like a thousand times gmc knew in the 1930s that you blowers appropriately for the engines. Nothing new.....no reason not to.

If you truly want to see how much power the engine makes then you run it na......no power adder. No bullshit crying about a larger blower on a larger better flowing more powerful engine. But we seen how that went already did6we
Originally Posted by snake95
Oh we're using YouTube comments now? If I posted every retarded YouTube comment by a butthurt GM guy, believe it or not you would see guys who cry more than you do
Yea man......i get the chuckles out of furd guys crying in the yt comments. You shoulda seen all the furd guys posting about how the ls blew up in the live chat.......right before the coyotah took a huge ****......at far far less power.

Now tale your tears elsewhere cause give no ***** about your pissy *** 30p00 sized engines.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I dont consider one engine better than the other. I dont regret my decision of going coyote. I hope you dont regret going LS.
No regrets here man.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Race Drive is what procharger calls their setup.

https://www.procharger.com/race-race-drive
Yea I looked it up and finally found it, it's pretty interesting and obviously super expensive lol bad *** nonetheless
Old 03-30-2019, 06:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Troof

Using the same blower on 2 completely different engines would only have restricted the ls.......or blew the coyote up even earlier.

As i have said like a thousand times gmc knew in the 1930s that you blowers appropriately for the engines. Nothing new.....no reason not to.

If you truly want to see how much power the engine makes then you run it na......no power adder. No bullshit crying about a larger blower on a larger better flowing more powerful engine. But we seen how that went already did6we

Yea man......i get the chuckles out of furd guys crying in the yt comments. You shoulda seen all the furd guys posting about how the ls blew up in the live chat.......right before the coyotah took a huge ****......at far far less power.

Now tale your tears elsewhere cause give no ***** about your pissy *** 30p00 sized engines.
You don't want that to happen the DOHC is a superior design which allows for more flow. If both engines where 5.0L with the same bore and same stroke the coyote would win by a land slide. Just like the WS6store guy already said more rpm = more hp. The only reason why the LS is so great na vs coyote na is for the simple fact you can easily change the cubic inches resulting in more trq when that happens and you still turn the engine the same rpms you will get more hp. Trq and rpms are inversely related. Coyote takes advantage of this and a simple push rod design takes advantage of ci. Is there a superior way sure it's DOHC bc you can do more with less in a sense of ci.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:21 PM
Banned

I'm sorry I forgot I don't know what I'm talking about
Old 03-30-2019, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

You don't want that to happen the DOHC is a superior design which allows for more flow. If both engines where 5.0L with the same bore and same stroke the coyote would win by a land slide. Just like the WS6store guy already said more rpm = more hp. The only reason why the LS is so great na vs coyote na is for the simple fact you can easily change the cubic inches resulting in more trq when that happens and you still turn the engine the same rpms you will get more hp. Trq and rpms are inversely related. Coyote takes advantage of this and a simple push rod design takes advantage of ci. Is there a superior way sure it's DOHC bc you can do more with less in a sense of ci.
So superior Ford built another pushrod motor......sheesh guy
Old 03-30-2019, 06:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 185 Posts

I said more rpm = more power on the same engine not across platforms. I made sure to make that distinction.

Gm was working on a 5.0l ls engine in one of their le mans cars a while back. Idk if it was DI or OHC or just pushrod. Been a while. When you can make the same horsepower and more torque from less rpm OR have a much better useable midrange or entire rpm range, then why wouldn't you?

Youve seen the 5.0 dyno graphs just like I have with cammed 5.0s where they lose massive power under 5k.

The dohc vs pushrod is clearly the issue in price. You can see that with this build. LME basically bought a brand new engine in parts and made one. MPR got a used engine (i assume) especially for 1800 then rebuilt it but reused alot of parts and still had to cut the parts short for budget from my interpretation.

IF you build them on the same budget the way a 5.0 guy would like, the ls would still "decimate all". Its straight facts since 2011 basically. The excuses get old and hanging your hat on 1 or 2 fast builds in chassis cars etc doesnt mean much.

You can like what you like, both are great engines but with ALL the parts and pieces that supposedly make the mod motors better 4 cams and phasers etc. they really aren't vs LS or LT. That conclusion is deeply rooted in Dyno graphs and track times.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Banned

Bc DOHC isn't known to make trq na... Imagine that
Old 03-30-2019, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

He really crushed your whole bro argument...... Moving on
Old 03-30-2019, 07:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Im not so sure that is as accurate as you think it is.
There are lots of factors that can help that also.
But by saying dohc isnt youre saying ohc is? Slippery slope.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 279 Likes on 193 Posts

Dollar for dollar. I'll take LS power all day every day!!!!
Old 03-30-2019, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Don't mind Mac hes just trying to fit in.....
Old 03-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
TroofUsing the same blower on 2 completely different engines would only have restricted the ls.......or blew the coyote up even earlier.

If you truly want to see how much power the engine makes then you run it na......no power adder. No bullshit crying about a larger blower on a larger better flowing more powerful engine. But we seen how that went already did6weYea man......i get the chuckles out of furd guys crying in the yt comments. You shoulda seen all the furd guys posting about how the ls blew up in the live chat.......right before the coyotah took a huge ****......at far far less power.

You are the last person in the world who is any authority on boost

DOHC 4.6 built bottom end
Ported blower
swapped in a notchback
and you run ******* 11.5s

It still hurts your anus that it will always take more CI for a GM to win, even back when Fords used pushrod motors in Mustangs as well. Don't be mad at the truth
Old 03-30-2019, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Definitely not ohc engines simply lack the trq that's why Ford moved back to a push rod gas engine for their f250. The only time a ohc engine can make trq for trucks is when they are turboed or big ci like the old big block ohc engine of the 60s. Why do you think the coyote makes less trq than the ecopoop for the f150?
Old 03-30-2019, 07:44 PM
Banned

Other great examples for my point being made is formula 1 cars they are 1.6L v6 making upwards of 850hp (Mercedes) they spin 12k rpms to 15k rpms. There is always down sides to every engine regardless. If you're complaining about not seeing power under 5k rpms with cammed coyotes then that's stupid. The vast majority of the race will be above that rpm. Hell I've personally seen a cammed coyote launch at 7k rpms and hook and go. Like I said trq and rpms are inversely related this goes for all engines. This can been seen easily by looking at a stock big block it made tons of trq yet was slow and didn't turn that much rpms. A small block turns more rpms has less trq and the power band is moved to the right vs the big block.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

I'm ny no means saying formula 1 engines are strictly na bc they are not
Old 03-30-2019, 08:06 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ecoboost is turbod so thats not a comparison. The 3.5 EcoBoost also has a failry large bore size nearly the same as the 5.0 so that also helps tq. Still not even a comparison.

Trying to bring any other engine into this conversation is ridiculous especially adding in a formula one engine.

This is coyote vs ls. Broader would be mod motor vs ls. Thats it. No straight race thoroughbreds.
Ford made a 5.8l. They could have left it NA and made better power vs the 5.0. They haven't yet. Since you're basically stuck around 5.0l for the coyote besides maybe a stroker setup? (Havent checked) then the only way to fix the lack of torque is with compression ratio and cams designed for it.
But that would really be working backwards as to what ford is doing.

The individual phaser has so much potential and the small ports help also. You get to change both icl and lsa and yet cant muster better power, something is way wrong. The engine and engineering is what limits itself. Especially the bore spacing. Not the fact that it is ohc/dohc alone. It lacks cubic inch. Kinda like a 5.3l. The 5.8l in 5.0 trim with higher cr etc would make much more impressive na power. But its not, so moot point.

As far as the pushrod for the trucks, its a very large engine which would make torque either way, but im guessing ford needed it to be economical for fleet use etc and pushrods are much much more economical than och/dohc. And they could use a lower CR on a pushrod and still make great power.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by snake95
You are the last person in the world who is any authority on boost

DOHC 4.6 built bottom end
Ported blower
swapped in a notchback
and you run ******* 11.5s

It still hurts your anus that it will always take more CI for a GM to win, even back when Fords used pushrod motors in Mustangs as well. Don't be mad at the truth
Maybe you haven't heard of the Northstar 4.6l but it handily made the same power as the 2v and 4v mod motors with less razzle dazzle ;-)
And that engine did exactly what it was designed to do. Win offshore boat racing. Where was ford for that?

Dont be mad you cant build cubic inch in a Mod you have to force the air into it to make anything of it.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I am surprised. Na Coyote is overrated but with boost I thought Coyote would have slight edge.
smaller blower slipping and a amateur engine build as usual. results as expected. those amateurs will pop the coyote again lose again. it always requires more boost for a smaller engine. always. that means the specs for teh blower drive need to be up to the task. '

placing an arbitrary blower drive requirement knowing it wont allow the smaller engine to push it is as expected by a chevy rag.

use the same blower. build the engine using a SME, not a chevy *******. turn the coyote 10,000+ rpms. cam it for 10,000+.

oh, and use nascar spec aftermarket heads for the chevy vs ported stock heads for the coyote. as expected.

the little engine will always make less torque vs 100 more cubic inches. as expected.

you want to see what a coyote can do? get mihovetz to build it. you want a chevy circle jerk... as usual do the same all over again.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

No pleasing the ford crowd it seems. Even an engine builder known for fords isnt good enough.
Good stuff!!

Last edited by tech@WS6store; 03-31-2019 at 12:03 AM.