Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Ferrari Threatens Owner (VIDEO)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 11:01 AM
CJP
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Ferrari Threatens Owner (VIDEO)

They're mad at his public image. Is it any of their business?

Old 08-20-2019, 08:51 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope! Ferrari however loves doing things like this.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 475 Likes on 354 Posts

When you're in the business of selling shoes and you post pictures like this then I would think Ferrari would have a legitimate case. Ferrari couldn't care less about how many cars he bought from them, If he didn't buy them someone else would have.
Attached Thumbnails Ferrari Threatens Owner (VIDEO)-philipp-plein-ferrari.jpg  
Old 08-20-2019, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Good to see fascism is still alive in Italy.

As much as I agree this guys a douche bag, Ferrari has a lot of audacity when it comes to their brand.

This guy will never be sold another new Ferrari, lawsuit or not. I wonder where he sends them for maintenance now and ferrari has probably already lit up the dealer
Old 08-20-2019, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by deviate42
Good to see fascism is still alive in Italy.
What does fascism have to do with it? He's selling his brand while using their brand in his pictures.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LLLosingit
What does fascism have to do with it? He's selling his brand while using their brand in his pictures.
I can’t tell what point you are trying to make, the guy can do what ever he wants to sell his sneakers, but he’s still a douchebag
the way ferrari is acting resembles traits of fascism
Ie - telling owners what they can or can’t do with their cars., apparently threatening those with legal action who oppose their view. But this is old news ferrari is know for this. They once fired a formula 1 driver because the driver bad mouthed the engine after it blew up in a race.

make sense now?
Old 08-23-2019, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

I can’t tell what point you are trying to make, the guy can do what ever he wants to sell his sneakers, but he’s still a douchebag
the way ferrari is acting resembles traits of fascism
Ie - telling owners what they can or can’t do with their cars., apparently threatening those with legal action who oppose their view. But this is old news ferrari is know for this. They once fired a formula 1 driver because the driver bad mouthed the engine after it blew up in a race.

make sense now?
No it does not make sense, You are missing the fact that you have laws that covers things like people using another companies Logo/Likeness or imply they are endorsing another persons product to sell their own products, I can't use copyrighted logo's to advertise a product even if the product isn't related to the logo, You have to have permission. Yes he just posted it to social media but he is doing so as a form of advertisement to increase his sales. They have every right to protect their brand name.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

No it does not make sense, You are missing the fact that you have laws that covers things like people using another companies Logo/Likeness or imply they are endorsing another persons product to sell their own products, I can't use copyrighted logo's to advertise a product even if the product isn't related to the logo, You have to have permission. Yes he just posted it to social media but he is doing so as a form of advertisement to increase his sales. They have every right to protect their brand name.
IMO not apples to apples with logo’s, while I agree about copyright, those are his Ferraris. I suppose he could slightly angle a shot different to not show the Ferrari name on the car, but still put his pimped up sneakers on the trunk.
plenty of other douchbag jewelry store owners do similar things - have Instagram posing a sleazy watch on their wrist on a Ferrari / Bentley / lambo steering wheel.
Ferrari is saying this guy is ‘tarnishing their reputation and causing material damage to their brand’ more so than the sales he’s making.

anywya the fascism statement was a joke. But it’s known Ferrari is a damn fascist car company
Old 08-23-2019, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

But it’s known Ferrari is a damn fascist car company
That's your opinion, My opinion is they are an exclusive car company that survives by producing a limited number of cars., Not everyone is approved to buy one even if you are the richest man in the world and that's part of what makes them so valuable. It's a business model that drives up price and demand.

So what's your opinion on Ford telling owners they can't sell a car they bought for two years? If I had to guess..... according to your way of thinking that would also make them fascists correct?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

yes slightly fascist. However Ford told buyers this upfront (might have been in purchase contract?). And making $1M for doing nothing but buying and selling a car, after the manufacture qualified you and sold you one on the premise you would not violate this, is slightly different than this guy with his sneakers.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

yes slightly fascist. However Ford told buyers this upfront (might have been in purchase contract?). And making $1M for doing nothing but buying and selling a car, after the manufacture qualified you and sold you one on the premise you would not violate this, is slightly different than this guy with his sneakers.
You really think he just bought a new Ferrari without signing a contract? Not a chance, Ferrari won't even say what the agreement is or how many cars they sell. They don't care how much money you have. Ford is just doing what Ferrari and other manufacturers have been doing for quite some time. Want to buy a Ferrari? It’s not as simple as just having the money…
Old 08-24-2019, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

F U, aint watching 6 minutes of what you jerk off to homeslice. Sorry.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

You really think he just bought a new Ferrari without signing a contract? Not a chance, Ferrari won't even say what the agreement is or how many cars they sell. They don't care how much money you have. Ford is just doing what Ferrari and other manufacturers have been doing for quite some time. Want to buy a Ferrari? It’s not as simple as just having the money…

Yes but Ford has never gone on record threatening legal action that they don’t ‘approve of someones lifestyle, ....and disapproves using their cars as props for sexual innuendos’
Haha I think it’s hillarious. I’m glad you are sticking up for Ferrari.

Ford is trying to stop investors, not enthusiasts, from buying their supercars, then selling them a month later and making profits ,which I don’t blame any supercar manufacturer for doing. That WWF guy made $1M in a month on ford GT
i think pagani/konegg/ all the big guys are doing this now. That is not really a fascist thing to me....it’s disclosed upfront before you ever purchase a car and there is not subjective determination, you violate it or you don’t.

Now threatening legal action because of Instagram posts of bikini models and sneakers on some dudes Ferrari’s?

Ok what about all the Pinterest pics with el chapo’s Son with a gold ak-47 in the Ferrari ?? I guess they endorse that if they haven’t threatened el chapo with legal action,

Old 08-24-2019, 02:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Ford is trying to stop investors, not enthusiasts, from buying their supercars, then selling them a month later and making profits ,which I don’t blame any supercar manufacturer for doing. That WWF guy made $1M in a month on ford GT
i think pagani/konegg/ all the big guys are doing this now. That is not really a fascist thing to me....it’s disclosed upfront before you ever purchase a car and there is not subjective determination, you violate it or you don’t.

Now threatening legal action because of Instagram posts of bikini models and sneakers on some dudes Ferrari’s?

Ok what about all the Pinterest pics with el chapo’s Son with a gold ak-47 in the Ferrari ?? I guess they endorse that if they haven’t threatened el chapo with legal action,

Ferrari is also sells cars to people and makes them sign an agreement for who knows what all and it includes an agreement to not sell the car for a period of time for the very same reason Ford is doing it. A new Ferrari would sell for three time retail price.
The reason they are going after this guy is because he bought the cars from Ferrari not second hand like El Chapo's son would have and El Chapos son is not selling guns using their image to help sales.
You are still glossing over the real reason for the lawsuit threat..... The guy selling shoe's is using Ferraris likeness without their permission, You can't do that without opening yourself up to a lawsuit. That is more than likely the reason for the lawsuit threat and the rest is basically saying were caught being a douche and we will no longer sell you our cars directly.
Just because you own something does not mean you can do what you want with it like you stated earlier, There are laws not just in the USA but international laws that dictate what you can and can't do. Sure you can light it on fire/Crash it/Give it away but you can't use copyrighted logo's to help sell your product, You also can't reproduce exact replicas and call it a Ferrari. You can't even reproduce the badges without permission. You sure the hell can't expect to get away with making shoes the same color as your Ferrari and include the car and both logos in your advertisement and expect to get away with it.
They have these laws to protect companies and individuals. How hard is that for you to understand? lol.

You can blame Ferrari all you want but if you made something and someone else was using it's likeness to make a profit instead of you or damaging your image possibly driving down the value of your product/reputation...You would be here whining about that too. You need to realize that just the company name or product name alone can be worth billions of dollars.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Ferrari is also sells cars to people and makes them sign an agreement for who knows what all and it includes an agreement to not sell the car for a period of time for the very same reason Ford is doing it. A new Ferrari would sell for three time retail price.
The reason they are going after this guy is because he bought the cars from Ferrari not second hand like El Chapo's son would have and El Chapos son is not selling guns using their image to help sales.
You are still glossing over the real reason for the lawsuit threat..... The guy selling shoe's is using Ferraris likeness without their permission, You can't do that without opening yourself up to a lawsuit. That is more than likely the reason for the lawsuit threat and the rest is basically saying were caught being a douche and we will no longer sell you our cars directly.
Just because you own something does not mean you can do what you want with it like you stated earlier, There are laws not just in the USA but international laws that dictate what you can and can't do. Sure you can light it on fire/Crash it/Give it away but you can't use copyrighted logo's to help sell your product, You also can't reproduce exact replicas and call it a Ferrari. You can't even reproduce the badges without permission. You sure the hell can't expect to get away with making shoes the same color as your Ferrari and include the car and both logos in your advertisement and expect to get away with it.
They have these laws to protect companies and individuals. How hard is that for you to understand? lol.

You can blame Ferrari all you want but if you made something and someone else was using it's likeness to make a profit instead of you or damaging your image possibly driving down the value of your product/reputation...You would be here whining about that too. You need to realize that just the company name or product name alone can be worth billions of dollars.
How do you know that Chapo bought any of his Ferrari’s second hand?
You keep thinking this is all about sales.
Read the article buddy, I quoted what Ferrari said on record. They may have grounds to go after this guy on sales/copywrite but that is not how they approached the situation, and that is what I think is comical that you don’t understand. But this is a American website where we talk some smack and have our own opinions. Keep huggin those Ferrari nuts.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

How do you know that Chapo bought any of his Ferrari’s second hand?
You keep thinking this is all about sales.
Read the article buddy, I quoted what Ferrari said on record. They may have grounds to go after this guy on sales/copywrite but that is not how they approached the situation, and that is what I think is comical that you don’t understand. But this is a American website where we talk some smack and have our own opinions. Keep huggin those Ferrari nuts.
Come on now? Apparently you didn't read the legal paperwork because it plainly states exactly what I have been saying.
The very first line in the one documents starts with Ferrari trademarks.... So it's a illegal use/ trademark issue.

Reading down further they gave him 48 hours to remove pictures "Ceasing any use of Ferrari's trademark and model cars for commercial purposes." Again they have every right to protect their name/product. They didn't go after anyone, They use a law office for that. Did you not notice the letterhead doesn't say Ferrari, As far as the lawyers are concerned....That's what they do. The don't send out letters saying would you pretty please quit doing what you are doing. They are paid to send out documents pointing out what the issue is and what they want done about it.

I'm glad you see the comedy in it because what I find comical is someone watching a wannabe you-tube dude with a freakin mullet filming from his momma's basement complaining about how some douche got his feelings hurt because by Ferrari because he's using their copyrighted logo to sell tennis shoes to other gangsta wannabee's.

I'll bet you a Ferrari that El Chapo's son wasn't approved to buy directly from them lol
Old 08-24-2019, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Come on now? Apparently you didn't read the legal paperwork because it plainly states exactly what I have been saying.
The very first line in the one documents starts with Ferrari trademarks.... So it's a illegal use/ trademark issue.

Reading down further they gave him 48 hours to remove pictures "Ceasing any use of Ferrari's trademark and model cars for commercial purposes." Again they have every right to protect their name/product. They didn't go after anyone, They use a law office for that. Did you not notice the letterhead doesn't say Ferrari, As far as the lawyers are concerned....That's what they do. The don't send out letters saying would you pretty please quit doing what you are doing. They are paid to send out documents pointing out what the issue is and what they want done about it.

I'm glad you see the comedy in it because what I find comical is someone watching a wannabe you-tube dude with a freakin mullet filming from his momma's basement complaining about how some douche got his feelings hurt because by Ferrari because he's using their copyrighted logo to sell tennis shoes to other gangsta wannabee's.

I'll bet you a Ferrari that El Chapo's son wasn't approved to buy directly from them lol

Get the guy on ‘commercial purposes’ for trademark and sales promotions, that likely would have ended it there.
But they reached more to condemn the guys ‘behavior and lifestyle’ saying it is even more harmful than promoting his shoes. With 2 pictures of some chicks in bikinni’s Washing the cars lol? I made a crack at this as it sounded a little ‘fascist’ to me in my first post. You did not seem to think that was a good joke, nor agree with me, which is fine. It’s just like....my opinion man...

Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 AM
CJP
Teching In

This is great discussion. Thanks for all the comments!
Old 09-24-2019, 01:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They didn't like Deadmau5s Wrap on his Ferrari a few years ago either

Quick Reply: Ferrari Threatens Owner (VIDEO)