Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Thank You Phil Thomas

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSPerformance
it was bad from day 1 .... Phill did not no it was bad nor sell it knowing it was bad... now your just beating a dead horse
really?so you had it checked before you put it in and it was bad and you still put it in?
that's the ONLY way you can say for a fact it was bad from day one.

normally i would let this lie-but you lied about what i said during our PM's and that just pisses me off.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:43 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
just so we are clear what was said in my pm

I do not appreciate being misquoted!!!

Quote:
Have you ever seen any problems with an eagle crank shaft that resulted in eating up bearings. also what is the rpm limit on a stock style ls1 oil system

Shawn @ VA Speed
higher hp,higher rpm engines will flex the eagle cranks tearing up the main bearings.We have used melling hv oil pumps with moroso pans up to 8400rpm
I private messaged Virgina Speed about the Eagle cranks they new all about them "flexing and cracking in high horsepower applications"(Shawn@VA Speed).
same **** you said they flex. flexing is bending and with the stress they will crack... I'm not going to sit here and go back and fourth with you
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

same **** you said they flex. flexing is bending and with the stress they will crack... I'm not going to sit here and go back and fourth with you
you clearly know nothing about metallurgy...

my high-dollar magnum XL crank flexed, but it doesn't mean its cracked...
Old 05-17-2010, 08:55 AM
8 Second Club

I don't think this thread concerns you anymore !!!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't think this thread concerns you anymore !!!
I'll post when I want and where I want...I don't need your permission

when you make statements that make no technical sense I will respond...
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... Here's a case where you were on the flip side of the dispute. You were positive the part was as described and the buyer wanted a refund after only 5 months.

I guess I'm a liar and thief according to Omega. I sold him a 99 Harness in august. I'm 1000% sure because it came out of a 99 parts car i bought off of here. He wait for 5 months and now is trying to hustle me out of my money and give me a diff harness in return. I tried to make thing right with him I got a attitude from the start.
Here's the link for others that want to check the rest of the thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-...iar-theif.html

I won't add my commentary as to be unbiased here.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM
8 Second Club

I'm done going back and fourth have a nbice day
Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 AM
8 second mod

for what its worth my "cheap" eagle crank has well over 250 passes in it from my 402 and my lsx 427 every pass was in the 8 and 9 second range and she is still in one piece.
i was spinning to 8300 to 8500 in the lsx pass after pass and im ball parking close to 1,000 hp.
just to put that in the mix, they cant be all that bad.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Damn Fireball, you defend VA Speed and Phil like it's your job. Is there something you guys aren't telling us ? So when a crank flexs it doesn't remotely put any more stress on the journals? Since you're a mechanical engineer I would be interested in your explaination.

Last edited by SmurfLSX; 05-17-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Noyzee
for what its worth my "cheap" eagle crank has well over 250 passes in it from my 402 and my lsx 427 every pass was in the 8 and 9 second range and she is still in one piece.
i was spinning to 8300 to 8500 in the lsx pass after pass and im ball parking close to 1,000 hp.
just to put that in the mix, they cant be all that bad.

We both know of a "cheap" Eagle crank that went 8.2's and survived when that block eventually split in half. Then continued on in another block running mid 8's...
They can handle 1200 hp fairly comfortable. I've seen it many times over...

Last edited by Firehawk441; 05-17-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:06 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
We both know of a "cheap" Eagle crank that went 8.2's and survived when that block eventually split in half. Then continued on in another block running mid 8's...
They can handle 1200 hp fairly comfortable. I've seen it many times over...
yea, forgot about that one. they bought that after the good luck i had with mine. lol
Old 05-17-2010, 06:07 PM
8 second mod

fireball, your a pink guy with a flag? thats kind of gay. lol

turbo guys they stick together. screw them and there 3000 hp cars. lol
Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SmurfLSX
Damn Fireball, you defend VA Speed and Phil like it's your job. Is there something you guys aren't telling us ? So when a crank flexs it doesn't remotely put any more stress on the journals? Since you're a mechanical engineer I would be interested in your explaination.
Once again...not defending anyone...just stating how I see it.

every crank flexes...even if its in the range of millionths of an inch. most they can go is the main bearing clearance (thousandths of an inch)...even then its well within elastic limit. cracks are usually from thermal insult...i.e. wiped/spun bearings. didn't he wipe out some bearings...you know that causes alot of heat on the journals
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

heres my worthless 2 cents on this

if the crank was tested like it should have been it would of been cought in pre assembley and or assembley..once it was in the motor and it was ran under load and rpm's any part to give out now is on you and your engine builder..

anyone will tell you engine dynoing and burn outs are hell on motors..

what i dont get is the engine lasted 2 dyno pulls which on the very first pull there would of been big trouble signs..but they went 2..then tore the motor apart,didnt check the crank and made 2 more pulls resulting in more problems or same problems..

as for the shop you used holding records..thats nice but i know people who where record holders for **** to and seen there motors last only 1 or 2 runs before also..
Old 05-18-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im lost here.... Unless you bought the entire rotating assembly from Phil, the crank would have needed to be spin balanced - and that would have found any bend in the crank. Different rods, Pistons, wrist pins, rings etc etc all have different weights. An out of balance crank will eat bearings, it will flex and bend at high enough RPM's

Who assembled the engine the FIRST TIME?

I read Eastside did the second time... To me it seems they assumed it was an oiling issue with the lifters blocking flow. If it ate bearings after the first build, was the crank turned?

I just dont understand how it wasnt caught... Twice..... If it was bent from day 1
Old 05-18-2010, 10:08 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Good point, was the original rotating assembly balanced prior to installation? Shouldn't that have caught any huge problems with it being bad?
Old 05-18-2010, 10:14 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
Im lost here.... Unless you bought the entire rotating assembly from Phil, the crank would have needed to be spin balanced - and that would have found any bend in the crank. Different rods, Pistons, wrist pins, rings etc etc all have different weights. An out of balance crank will eat bearings, it will flex and bend at high enough RPM's

Who assembled the engine the FIRST TIME?

I read Eastside did the second time... To me it seems they assumed it was an oiling issue with the lifters blocking flow. If it ate bearings after the first build, was the crank turned?

I just dont understand how it wasnt caught... Twice..... If it was bent from day 1
Good points. Did Eastside assume the rotating assembly was balanced already?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
Good points. Did Eastside assume the rotating assembly was balanced already?
Honeslty Mark i'm not sure. I was so disguted I just brought them the complete longblock and told them do whatever they need to do.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honeslty Mark i'm not sure. I was so disguted I just brought them the complete longblock and told them do whatever they need to do.

You didnt answer the obivious question...

Who built the engine the first time?

Again - I dont get it. If the crank was in unusable condition when you received it, it would have been noticed during the required balancing.

Did you buy parts, and slap them in the block yourself without balancing the crank?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:31 AM
9 Second Club

If you bought them the complete longblock that would certainly explain why Eastside would assume the rotating assembly was balanced. Not saying it's right to assume that, you did bring them a motor with issues, everything should have been checked thouroughly.
Very unfortunate.

Quick Reply: Thank You Phil Thomas