Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

RedHatRdRacer Horrible Seller! Commited Internet Fraud!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down RedHatRdRacer Horrible Seller! Commited Internet Fraud!

RedHatRdRacer is a horrible seller and has committed internet fraud and wont answer my messages or refund my money. I am submitting all this evidence to my bank tomorrow and I was told they will reverse the funds. I can get Jarrod from textralia to send me a letter stating what the correct measurements should be for the clutch and I can take pictures of the clutch using my caliper to prove everything is off!

I was on the phone with Jarrod from Textralia yesterday and we took caliper measurements of the entire clutch. The clutch is back from 2007 or later, it has a 10mm thick floater disk (old style). With the clutch assembled but not bolted down it should have 110 thousandths between the top of the post on the flywheel and the bottom of the pressure plate. It has about half of that! So basically Jarrod says the clutch is not right and would require a re-build with heavy machining/milling to get it to work. Also when the pressure plate is bolted down the fingers of the spring are supposed to be completely flat and you can tell in the pics that they are not. The pads however do measure close to what they should be new though so he has no idea what previous seller did (I think he has tried to rebuild clutch a few times).

I painted the clutch with 2000 deg paint because of a bunch of surface rust on flywheel but did not get any on friction surfaces (I am going to remove paint this weekend to prepare clutch to be returned to seller)

Something major is wrong with the clutch and I was told it was like new with 100 miles. Turns out seller installed clutch wrong (disks not lined up for even load), had engagement problems, and then sold it to me saying it was basically new. He is digging in his heals and doubt he will do the right thing and take his busted clutch back. I am going to have to take legal action. There was no shim installed behind slave on my car and clutch barely moved around on my driveway (it moved but did not grab hard at all…..about 10% as much grab as my textralia single disk )

Sellers picture of clutch installed wrong (disks not lined up):
(causes uneven load) You can also see the surface rust on the clutch that was supposed to have 100 miles on it .

Seller had problems with engagement :

Originally Posted by RedHatRdRacer
I have a healthy 42x cid Iron motor, with a face-plated t56 I recently went from the SPEC 4 to a Textralia dual disk. I have the shimmed slave cylinder which is new (the plate SPEC provides with there clutch kits to make sure the slave is flush) I have a stock GM Master cylinder and the McCloud line....

When I crank the car I can put it in gear fine.... but i can leave it in gear and let off the clutch and even get out of the car (not literally) and the car WONT move...

I have bleed and bleed and bled the Slave... there is no air in it... I have ran 20oz of fluid threw it easily....

Would like to hear some ideas on whats up, WOULD LOVE to have this running by friday....

thanks in advance

Bryan
Where seller stated Condition:

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Is your Textralia Twin Disk new? They are only $1250 shipped straight from Textralia. I would be able to possibly do $900 shipped, just thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Michael

btw I will do the 900 shipped
Do you have pics of the clutch?
I do not have pictures. I ran it for about 100 miles give or take a little then started parting out the car to go back to stock

I installed clutch using instructions from textralia. Disks are lined up properly and in correct order/the right direction. I used stock flywheel bolts and used red locktite on pressure plate bolts which I put at 60 ft lbs. I have an OEM slave and Tick master cylinder. If I put car in gear with e-brake on, I can still turn motor over with breaker bar because the clutch just doesn’t hold.

Instructions from textralia:

Originally Posted by Textralia
Place loctite in the bolt holes, not on the bolt as it tends to get wiped off when installing the bolt through the pressure plate hat.

Torque the bolts to 55 lbs (stock GM spec).

The pressure plate is neutrally balanced, so orientation isn't an issue if you move it. But, try to keep it the way we sent it if you can, and the hat is usally set up "best" the way we send it.

Line the discs up so the plates are in line with one another, and the pucks aren't off a few splines. This allows for consistent loading on the clutch.

I am including pictures to ensure you re-assemble in the right order. They are numbered 1-2-3-4. The clutch discs should be marked also.

Here is it on my car from 2 days ago: (Clutch disks are lined up for even load)

Also the fingers on the pressure plate springs are supposed to be flat when clutch is torqued down. You can obviously see that they are not.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold the clutch back in April after taking detailed pictures of the clutch and sending them to him... I took pictures of the pressure plate, clutches front and back as well as the flywheel and floater. The clutch had only been in the car for 100 miles before I started parting out the car. I had no problems with it after I pulled the shim from behind the slave cylinder. The clutch worked FINE in my car which had been driven to where I pulled the motor/trans out.

I have had 30 Emails from AFASTYZFR1 this week, a PayPal dispute (that they denied) I had tried to work with him and kept contact until 2 days ago when I was fed up with his attitude/threats

I sold the clutch to him as a used clutch, a clutch is a wearable item and was sold as is with no warranty written expressed or implied. I took the pictures he had asked for. Even worked with him on the price.Shipped the Clutch to him at my cost on the next day...

He got the clutch and had some worries about some rivets and I had no haste to reply to him about that but he had said that he would just deal with it

He has said that he wants to take me to small claims and will be filing the paper work today... At the time of this and to keep from dealing with this headache since he choose to go the way. I will no longer have direct contact with AFASTYZFR1 on the internet or other means on contact.

Here is some of the statements he has made about the clutch

The clutch is fine
Well Jarrod from textralia is supposed to call me. I have also been told that the slave might need to be milled down I am going to try and get this resolved with textralia and will keep you posted, sorry for all the drama and hopefully they can help me get it working because that's all I want. I was just was pissed off because the **** doesnt work and I was supposed to drive the car up to Maine on Thursday and GM tech high performance is taking pics of the car in a week or so to be in their magazine. Hopefully textralia will get it straight and ill let you know what happens.
I have nothing to hide and have been 100% upfront with the buyer... and described it all to the best of my ability... The clutch came from a working car that had several dyno passes from working on the tune trying to get it right... If the clutch were slipping it would have been noticed

And to add, I had never tried to rebuild nor have the clutch rebuilt... that is the way it came and thats the way it left with a little wear

5/25
Its going in a 800hp car so having damaged rivets doesn't sound good

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...l-failure.html

This is exactly why I shouldn't have bought a used clutch even thought it was advertised "like new" but I have already cleaned and painted clutch to make it look like new so guess I will just figure it out. Thanks

I am going to try and get the clutch installed today but see the rivets on the clutch disk that is closest to the flywheel are damaged I hope that doesn't create a problem! Did you run ARP flywheel bolts or something?

I ran the stock flywheel bolts just new... I didnt notice any damage but if you are worried about it most machine shops can re rivet the puck for cheap... I had it done to a SPEC4 2-3 years ago
Its going in a 800hp car so having damaged rivets doesn't sound good

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...l-failure.html

This is exactly why I shouldn't have bought a used clutch even thought it was advertised "like new" but I have already cleaned and painted clutch to make it look like new so guess I will just figure it out. Thanks

5/31
I hope there is a shim in there.......I already have a tick master.....thanks......hopefully i get it sorted out tomorrow

My bad on last message....just pissed and might not be the clutches fault.....I didn't think there was a shim installed and didn't even check....so there could be

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...l#post13405026
Take the shim from behind the slave out. I had the same problem going from a spec5 to the textrillia also you might want to get an adjustable master or at least the upgraded line. I only ran the upgraded line and had great pedal.
6/1
No shim is installed and Textralia doesn't answer their phones

My bad on last message....just pissed and might not be the clutches fault.....I didn't think there was a shim installed and didn't even check....so there could be

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...l#post13405026
Take the shim from behind the slave out. I had the same problem going from a spec5 to the textrillia also you might want to get an adjustable master or at least the upgraded line. I only ran the upgraded line and had great pedal.
6/1
I have all your pms and your thread stating where u knew clutch was damaged and I have a shop that will verify it doesnt work. I have posted a claim on paypal and they will take care of it....If you dont refund $ and pay for shipping back to you prepare to be bashed on tech.....Not trying to be a dick...but you knew clutch didnt engage and sold it saying like new and didn't say as is

Look man I took several picture and described it to the best of my knowledge. I do not understand how a car tat makes less power has a slippage problem. Yes I regret dealing with you. You have did nothing bit complain since you got it. Period. I have took my time to help you the best I can. Do you think that your car that makes less power which has a slipping problem. When I had zero problems. Tht makes no sense at all. You have been a constant problem when I have did nothing but offer to help. I honestly think it is something you did. If it's slipping as bad as you say I would have notices that great of a power loss. Did you even pull the slave to make sure there is no shim?
Paypal Pulls the sum for the clutch at 2:18PM 6/1

PAYPAL DISPUTE started at 2:19pm with AFASTYZFR1

PAYPAL RESOLUTION with AFASTYZFR1 at 2:27

After all this and him saying he would take me to court and Bash my name on LS1tech I have just gave up on working with him... He chose to say he wanted to let the court systems handle it... So that is my stand point... I was nothing but upfront and honest the whole time. I have several more of our PM's but I am now running late for work so this will have to do for now
Old 06-04-2010, 07:12 AM
10 Second Club

Paypal can't do anything about transactions not done through ebay which is the only reason they had to close dispute.

You are not upfront or honest. Clutch was made back in 2007 or later and has major problems according to Textralia.

The clutch sat around in garage for a few weeks because I was too busy to install it

No matter what you say will change the facts that you said clutch had 100 miles on it and implied there was nothing wrong with it. Textralia can verify that clutch is not even close to working / being like new, therefore that is fraud.

This guy is a dishonest and horrible seller and I am taking legal action with credit cards and court system today. I hope he gets charged with internet fraud in the process by the banks.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

I sold the clutch to him as a used clutch, a clutch is a wearable item and was sold as is with no warranty written expressed or implied. I took the pictures he had asked for. Even worked with him on the price.Shipped the Clutch to him at my cost on the next day...

He got the clutch and had some worries about some rivets and I had no haste to reply to him about that but he had said that he would just deal with it

He has said that he wants to take me to small claims and will be filing the paper work today... At the time of this and to keep from dealing with this headache since he choose to go the way. I will no longer have direct contact with AFASTYZFR1 on the internet or other means on contact.
You never said as is and yes clutch is a wearable item but you said it only had 100 miles on it and textralia says it needs a $500 re-built. That does not sound like it has 100 miles therefor that is fraud!

I have chose to take legal action because you wont refund my money and take this pos back....I was on the phone for a long time yesterday and this clutch is worthless with out being re-built which you never told me. I am done posting on tech and guess the banks / court will make things right.

I have all the proof. All the talking means nothing.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to get pictures of damaged rivets to also use as evidence against you, you never said anything about them when you were trying to sell me the clutch / rip me off!

All the evidence keeps stacking up

Haha, and as everyone can see...I told you everything in pm form and just wanted you to take this pos back peacefully and you decided not to. I also tried everything under the sun to get it to work and had to pull the transmission twice.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

With clutch tightened down clutch fingers should be flat and they are not

Measuring clearance between dowels and pressure plate with it just sitting there not bolted down. Jarrod from textralia says new one measures 110 thousands of an inch, this clutch reads 56 thousandths....Thats HALF of what it should be......no wonder the clutch wont hold.

Here are damaged rivets (on flywheel side of disc closest to flywheel)

Old 06-04-2010, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

Email from textralia stating how to check clearances and what measurements should be. This clutch is messed up and seller tried to rip me off!

Old 06-09-2010, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Getting money back this week

This is what a working clutch looks like

Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

i was trying to figure out how those rivets could have been damged,theyre so close to where the input shaft enters,any iseas? it looks like just the ends came into contact with something,do they have a sideways ground down appearance???
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by southsidecox
i was trying to figure out how those rivets could have been damged,theyre so close to where the input shaft enters,any iseas? it looks like just the ends came into contact with something,do they have a sideways ground down appearance???
I believe seller ran clutch with ARP flywheel bolts which stick out further that stock ones. Yea, they are ground down on an angle.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Having to take this ******* to court, only got half the money back from one credit card. He knows this **** didn't work and still proceeded to sell it to another LS1 Tech member. I will be making sure to post up a link to this in every thread he tries to sell something
Old 07-04-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

That's why I'm never in a hurry to buy used parts on here... never know what your getting.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

damn good luck man i would have never bought a used clutch to start with
Old 07-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Unhappy Why

Why would you ever buy a used clutch online. Never know what your getting. How much of a price difference is this one compared to new? just wondering
Old 07-09-2010, 01:56 AM
10 Second Club

It was $400 less than a new one. I was tight on funds and it was supposed to have 100 miles on it. He had good feedback so I got it. I have learned my lesson As of right now I got half of the money refunded by credit card and still have clutch sitting in my garage.

I sold a used LS7 clutch to a member on here a few months ago and he didn't have any problems......so buying used parts on here isn't always bad...its just ******** that try to rip people off
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

Thats a hard hundred miles
Old 07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Yeah not everyone sells bad used parts
Old 08-03-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

im not trying to start anything else...i am just curious. i dont see where the seller stated that the clutch itself had just 100 miles on it.. did he ever state that he bought it brand new from textralia or "new" from another person? You asked him in one of your pm's above
"Is your Textralia Twin Disk new? They are only $1250 shipped straight from Textralia. I would be able to possibly do $900 shipped, just thought I would ask."
and he responded:
" do not have pictures. I ran it for about 100 miles give or take a little then started parting out the car to go back to stock"
This did not negate the fact that it did not have any use of the clutch previously....only what he had used the clutch in length of miles.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
9 Second Club

I got an email from paypal today. The email stated that his credit card company had reversed the reversal of payment he had applied for. The claims that he has made and headache he has caused were all reversed. The credit card company will be returning all the money back to me.

I however did lose money for them to fight the case. I will contact paypal about that this evening as well as asking ls1tech to remove slander from the op. Just wanted to clear this all up
Old 09-29-2010, 07:19 AM
10 Second Club

Just because they didn't take care of the situation doesn't mean your not a bad seller. Actually if I still had your address I was supposed to ship the clutch back to you and one bank was going to refund $400. I threw the box away and was sure you wouldn't give me your address so I sold clutch on bay for $330 shipped.

Ebay Auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMESOX%3AIT

You screwed me out of $500. None of this is going anywhere and will remain in my signature for thousands of people to see.

Everyone beware of this horrible seller, it has been a huge headache and I have been nothing but a great member to this forum. I have a few huge builds in the forced induction world and tons of positive feedback, so just do yourself a favor and stay away from RedHatRdRacer!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wait....so you fought this in court and didn't get much of anywhere, but you could have shipped it back to him for $400 returned to you? Instead you sold it on Ebay?
So....you knowingly sold a bad clutch to another innocent person? Unless you completely disclosed everything about that, it sounds like you just stooped to his level. Please correct me here.

Quick Reply: RedHatRdRacer Horrible Seller! Commited Internet Fraud!