Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of buying from mrclean200518

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of buying from mrclean200518

Beware of buying from mrclean200518 (https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=93054). Bought a set of heads off him on 05/17. Told him that I had an appointment this week at the machine shop to get some work done and would like to have the heads by then. I figured it wouldn't be an issue since it gave over a week for shipping. Well I continued to ask for a tracking number last week and he kept saying that he had to dig it up. He wouldn't even tell me how or when it would ship until finally I just called him out on it. So he finally stated he shipped them on Monday 05/21 through USPS. So I figured I would have them by last friday. Waited until yesterday and still didn't receive them. So I finally put a dispute in through PayPal. He finally loaded a tracking number and come to find out the heads weren't even shipped 05/25, right before a holiday weekend. So I won't even get them until late this week maybe...now I'll have to make a second trip the the machine shop (which is 6 hrs away) just to take the heads....thanks to this guy. Buyer beware...
Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Really dude? You need to chill out, people have lives and can't just drop everything for you.

Bugging the guy to ship heads within a day or two of paying him?

Creating a dispute less than two weeks of paying him?

Just because someone doesn't agree with your schedule doesn't mean he scammed you and we should beware of him...
Old 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redtan
Really dude? You need to chill out, people have lives and can't just drop everything for you.

Just because someone doesn't agree with your schedule doesn't mean he scammed you and we should beware of him...
Sorry dude, but if you are going to sell online your reputation hinges on "dropping everything" and "shipping within a day or two" when someone entrusts their hard earned money to you. If this is a problem then you should not sell things here.

The Seller in this case should have shipped quicker or at least notified the buyer of the delay. Lack of honest communication leads to PP disputes.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

If you can't ship a part within 2-3 business days of payment, you either need to be very upfront about that or don't sell it.

I ship same day if I get paid before noon, next day if not (unless there is some major snag with packaging).

Shipping a week after you've been paid is poor service period.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redtan

Dude if you read his post you would see that he specifically says he TOLD the seller about his appointment with the machine shop, so he has the right to expect that the seller would tell him that he would either get his parts in time, or the seller could have told him he was going to drag *** like that and then he would have not been expecting them in a timely manner. Remind me to never do business with you if you expect you can ship items whenever it is convenient for you.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 PM
gnx
On The Tree

I would not say dont buy from him unless he has had issues with other sellers we all have problems,but on the other side the seller should of been up front about either not being able to ship them,given the tracking number,or just gave him his money back. why not just ship them direct to the shop if he lived so far away. either way its a bad deal,but in the end i side with the buyer,about him not being up front thats the deal breaker.At least he got the heads
Old 05-31-2012, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

I hope know one gets anything wrong about this post. From what I understand this is the "negative feedback trader" section. Even though this might be a small issue to some people I believe it is still negative and I think people have a right to know about it. I am saying people should or should not buy from this member. This is strictly an FYI post. This gives other members the opportunity to read about the situation and weigh the facts themselves and then decide if they would like to do business with this member.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

sorry bud but the message you sent me was when can i expect these to arrive so i can schedule an appointment with the machine shop i would like to go down this weekend. at no point did you say i have an appointment this weekend if you would have stated i would have bumped up the shipping but come on after pp fees and shipping i let you have those heads for like 290 bucks im sorry your not happy but some people are hard to please and you started a paypal dispute and pulled money from my account for no reason you knew the heads had been shipped i just couldent find a tracking number, i went to the post office and had them get me one after i needed it for paypal. they are better ways to go about things im not saying im in the right but your not either. if you wanted a refund you are more then welcome to one and if u wanted those heads shipped to the machine shop i would have been more then fine to do so. you need to cut the 6 hour extra drive out because i knew nothing about you needing these by a certain date until after it shipped and u stated u would like to know when to expect them so u could schedule an appointment
Old 06-05-2012, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

the first msg i recieved was whats the lowest you will go i can pay asap. then next one was money sent thanks. then here is the third and first one i recieved about an appointment on 5/22 it says (You by any chance have a tracking number for the heads? I'm trying to schedule a date with the machine shop.)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mrclean200518
but come on after pp fees and shipping i let you have those heads for like 290 bucks
I agree with pretty much everything you said but why this? He paid your asking price.... YOU let them go for $290 if you didnt add in the PP and shipping fees.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

im just trying to say all in all he dont want a refund so how can it be negitive itmusta been a good deal overall i dont know how someone can complain when u give them such a good deal if your not happy then ill give a refund dont get on here and bash me i never said i would ship out a certain time i just said ill get them shipped out as soon as i can i buy off here all the time some people have jobs and lifes and you have to work around that im not jegs or summit racing im not on here selling as a business i do it in my spare time
Old 06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mrclean200518
you started a paypal dispute and pulled money from my account for no reason you knew the heads had been shipped i just couldent find a tracking number, i went to the post office and had them get me one after i needed it for paypal.

I can partially agree with the rest of your side, but it is the seller's responsibility to ship in a timely manner and provide a tracking number (especially on big ticket items).

How many times do people get ripped off on sites like these and how many of those times is there an email/text/etc involved which says something like "I shipped but I lost the tracking number". It is for your protection just as much as the buyer's.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Teching In

mrclean200518 is a tool. I did business with him once, long story short after getting the run around and of course not having a tracking number he had to send my money back. Funny thing is I have a for sale add going right now and he messaged that he's interested, ha, I'll give my **** away to someone honest before I do a dollar worth of business with him again.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a set of nittos from then and have no complaints at all Shipping was fast, Communication was excellent, and it was a great deal
MRCLEAN I wont hesitate to do business with you again man. Everyone is entitled to a mess up once in a while. Life happens
Old 06-19-2012, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shipping really should happen in a few days,a Week tops if works super busy. Unless the PayPal sent is an Echeck, Then youve gotta wait on it to clear!!! Had a dude send a part once & said oh its priority mail & ****** 12 days later I got it Parcel Thats like slow boat to china **** People should be upfront & honest if they sell **** online

Quick Reply: Beware of buying from mrclean200518