Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec
i never had any bad experiences with jeff. you guys just need to understand the kind of person that started this thread. that was the reason for jeff's angry post. and i dont blame him a bit, because it was uncalled for.

this is one of the local guys i speak of... in the first post you will notice i didn't even mention jeff or cam .... thank you

and ive seen a lot of angry ppl.. doesn't excuse or give a business the right to act or treat ppl like that, once again i questioned the man before i questioned anything else. .his attitude and shortness was what got me on here reading... come to learn he didn't do a few key things, so i posted asking for help and advice.. i got it, im satisfied now....
Old 12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
That's the only way to do it right and that's how we do it. You have to have the part throttle tune right before you do WOT tune anyhow. Or your "dynotune" will not be right.
Exactly.
Tuning part throttle is sooooooo important on a car running closed loop.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:16 PM
11 Second Club

so who can do this for me.. im in gville sc.. prolly be getting hp tuners when i get the cash.... if u like pm me with what u charge.. atleast i know the ones who have posted, and i know they will treat me with a lil respect as a customer... thanks..

god i love this board!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vtec
i never had any bad experiences with jeff. you guys just need to understand the kind of person that started this thread. that was the reason for jeff's angry post. and i dont blame him a bit, because it was uncalled for.

I have been to the guys shop before for dyno days.... the guy may be smart but is a TOTAL *******!!!!! He has fucked over SO MANY people on my local board....I will never take my car to him.....Hell you are in the ******* Ghetto when you go there. Better wear your bullet proof vest when you do go.........Anyways, good luck man on the tune...GO to RPM in Raleigh, Jeff Rhodes does SOOO much better work...and is a cool guy....
Old 12-14-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Enough about Jeff Creech in here. I think that has been discussed to death. No more.

If you would like to comment on the legitimacy of the tune, or the methods, fine. Do not make any personal attacks against Jeff Creech OR LS1_PNYTAMR. I don't care if you hate either one of them, or just nutswing off Creech's *****. I've never talked to Jeff, but it seems like he has quite a following going for him.

This thread will not stay open if certain individuals cannot refrain from being childish. Those same folks will also earn vacations. Capeesh?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

u aint lying...
i drove down the wrong rode for like 1 mile past cam.. and wound up surronded by gangs and boarded up houses lol

that is not a knock, just what has become durham nc it seems

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 12-14-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Teching In

We'll Figure Something Out....whether It Is Or Isn't..
Old 12-14-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Like I said in my PM PNYTAMR, that post wasn't directed at you for the most part.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

yea that is fine.. i figured id shoot ya a pm.. thanks for putting that on here. the most recently on the local board.. milkman and his inner circle of guys.. started talking about my parents and there divorce and that stuff that i confided in them when we were friends.. i admit, that kinda hurt seeing as it had nothing to do with a tune or not tune ya know..

that is why i like this board, but that is also why i was scared to put cam or jeff in the title or first post.. i knew this kinda thing would happen if i did....

over on hpjunkies.com.. i posted, on his local board.. about 20 of them responded and told me they felt my pain, and knew exactly what was going for.. ill reserve the rest of the well chosen words they used for those wishing to visit.. but if u looking for some info on the guy, prolly no better place then his local board..

this didn't start as a milkman bash fest.. like i said i was scared to post.. ppl saw this post on here, and moved it to other boards it seemed where they could light me up all they wanted too.. thankfully, we post and read, on a board with actually ppl doing the moderating
Old 12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
11 Second Club

i also love there repeated attacks on futral and fuddle blaming the cam and the converter for the bad dyno... when they are two of the most respected sponsors on here i might add...
Old 12-15-2005, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
i also love there repeated attacks on futral and fuddle blaming the cam and the converter for the bad dyno... when they are two of the most respected sponsors on here i might add...
Yea, that's my biggest complaint tuning cars. It's all the damn aftermarket parts that make it time consuming! If only everyone had the same parts - then we could call this site StockLS1drivers.com

Seriously man, I'd chalk it up to a $400 lesson learned. I wouldn't worry about what is said by the tuners supporters. Of course they're going to support him - they are HIS friends. If they don't understand that just doing some WOT pulls on a dyno will NOT make your car run part throttle - then they do not understand how to tune your car. They obviously don't understand what it's like to be a paying customer that is not satisfied with the service they received.

Do you know anyone with HPtuners?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

yea sideways0z on here.. or something like htat. justin.. pretty weel known.. but he only has it for the 99's.. tho he did look at my car once with it for something....

i will be getting hp tuners soon enuff tho.. i hope

im being told by everyone its best to erase it all and start fresh with a stock tune since the way he tunes is so severly warped... but i really dunno, cuz like i say, i dont know this stuff... i rely on you guys...

but yea that day if he'd said fuddle and tci sucked one more time i thought i would scream lol.. i had a tci before the fuddle.... which is now going into 3rd gear limp mode cuz he dind't adjust fotr the 4k stall im being told.. which led to the computer thinking the stock converter was slipping very badly or some crap.. who knows if that is true or not

oh and if id got a yank and a lunati cam i would have made 425rwhp or some crap

nothing against yank or lunati.. but i doubt it was a 75rwhp difference

Last edited by LS1_PNYTAMR; 12-15-2005 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

See if sideways can download your bin. I thought that all the HPtuners came with 2 years?? If he opens up his VCM editor, click on help, click on VCM suite info, and then click on get VCM suite info - it will tell you for sure what years he has. You can start from scratch or you can start with what you have.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:07 AM
11 Second Club

i will try to get in touch with him.. i dunno where hes been lately... hopefully at the latest i will have it when i get my electronic tax refund, which is usually a few days after we file them right away...
Old 12-15-2005, 03:28 AM
11 Second Club

big big thanks to itcheygomey... for all of his help.. i just now spent a good long while on the phone with him while he went over some key points with me, both on hp tuners, how he tunes, how to get started, cars hes tuned.. i mean just gobs of info i wish i had tape recorded.. a true class act stand up guy who was willing to help a kid he does't even know.. i learned quite a bit.. prolly 100x more then i knew before.

absolutley cant wait to get started... its guys like that, that make boards/hobby's like this so much fun and great for everybody...

thanks man i owe ya big!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You don't owe me anything man. Glad I could help. Let me know when you're ready to go!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
*we will skip the Jeff reply*

All I can say is someone who has an attitude like that deserves to be out of business...

Jon is still the customer, regardless, he deserves to be treated with respect, not attacked because he questioned the work done. All I see is Jeff being rude, obnoxious and in general an *** on a public forum. Anyone in thier right mind would see that post and refuse to go to him regardless of what anyone else says on the simple fact that he does not conduct himself professionally, nor does he have any respect for someone who has paid him money. Hell, I didn't notice anywhere in that quote where Jeff offered him his cash back for the screwed up tune he gave him. Plus, based on what Jon said (and he is the customer here, the one that has paid money for a service) it is obvious that no matter what he said to Jeff it was met with poor professionalism and the inability to answer simple questions. And quite honestly, Jon just posted his experience and did it in a non-threatening and non-rude manner. Obviously Jeff knows he screwed up and is looking to use his 'weight' on the local board to try to discredit Jon.

Being available a ton of hours means nothing if you don't give your undivided attention to a customer sitting in front of you that has traveled quite a distance to have you do work for them. They deserve 100% of your attention and you have the obligation to tell ANYONE else (unless it is a family emergency) that calls that you have to call them back, or better yet, turn your phone off to deal with the task at hand. That is what ANY true professional would do.

But to call a customers car 'junk', and to refer to them as an 'idiot' is just WAYYY out of line. Any way you look at it, this whole situation was dealt with the ethics and candor of a 'billy-bob backyard hack'... And the post Jeff made in reply just verifies that exact attitude.

Not very 'professional', nor does it give ANYONE any sort of confidence that he is as competent as some may think he is... And if he *IS* that competent then he obviously plays 'favorites' and doesn't apply a level of criticality and detail to every single customer that he does work for. Again someone most should probably stay away from if that is the attitude taken.

Point being, if he owns this business his business ethics and attention to making his business grow is shady at best and downright criminal at worst, as you can't advertise you offer a service, then accept money for that service and ultimately fail to deliver that service competently. And the excuse "you didn't say anything at the time" is a CYA, nothing more...

Jon, you should at the very least get a refund based upon an agreement that you will remove and delete the tune he did for you. If he won't accept a signed agreement to that end, then obviously he was looking to take advantage of you. If he does, then you should be able to get your money back and then move on.
exactly. im thankful someone else said it instead of me, since im already personally disliked for being "against" him... lol.

i will say though, that im not tuning his car... i dont even have HPtuners for that year. (edit: actually, i do.. lol. but im still not "tuning" his car.. that takes time, and frankly, i dont have enough of it to go around)

Originally Posted by my01camaroz28
I have had my car tuned with him twice. Once for cam only, and then more recently a h/c duals combo. I drove 320 miles one way to have this done. I can't say that I am disappointed. My numbers are great and over what I thought I would have. Jeff rode with me for the test drives, pulled the car on the dyno for about 5-6 runs. He adjusted things that didn't seem right and talked me through what he was doing. I didn't get any attitude from him. He spent hours messing with my car. The driveability isn't perfect, but I can't expect perfect with an M6 and XER aggressive lobes on a street car. I haven't had the experience of bad service with him. I am aslo on SCFYB and many over there are pleased with him. I do plan on buying EFILIVE as soon as I get the funds together and learning on my own. But it isn't because of service. I will be moving in the months ahead for a military change of station and don't really want to pay another tuner. Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Have you called him to see if he will mess with it some more and help you out? I had some O2 issues pop up after I left his shop and was half way home. He is curtious and respectful with every phone call.
you can say hes curtious and respectful to you, but if you look at anyone that questions anything, you can easily see how rude and disrespectful he is to others.

btw, i DO expect perfect with a M6 and XER lobes... you know, because thats what is possible. thats what others have done. and thats what i would expect after paying a amount equivalent to the tools to do the job yourself.

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
You are right, I have nothing to add here.
Good luck to you and put it on the track and decide what you got first.

These others that want to tune your car, how fast are their cars going, how many satisfied customers do they have? how many people are calling them asking them to fly across the country to tune their cars? how many of them are running and can actually tell their tuning works? Not flaming, just asking.

I suggest running the car at a good track with good tires and then let the others tune it (if that is what you decide) and see how it goes from there.
heres a hint.
he doesnt have a tuner anymore.
he has over 100.
theres over 100 guys on here who tune their own cars who are able to correctly answer any questions he comes up with. HE will be tuning his own car.

so in otherwords, he will be tuned by the same methods as worlds fastest stock internal car tuner. same as the worlds fastest cam only tuner. by the same standards that let H/C cars idle, cruise and drive just as if they were stock.. no bucking, no quirks... it wont happen overnight, that takes time, but its not impossible.. its not even hard. its just time consuming.

and as for having a tuner fly across the country to tune cars... thats just nucking futs. lol... but ive already gone into why on that earlier.

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
That's the only way to do it right and that's how we do it. You have to have the part throttle tune right before you do WOT tune anyhow. Or your "dynotune" will not be right.
yup. exactly.

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
well the sad thing is now.. on that local board he has 4-5 strong supporters who are ripping me to pieces... to them, first off i didn't post there cuz i knew that would happen... i posted here where i would get honest responses.. just wanted to awnser to there argument of why i dind't post there about it being unsatisfactory..

and his attitude was worse it seemed then the businesses that have gone bankrupt and ripped ppl thousands of dollars in lost motors and time...
dude, they arnt ripping you to pieces.
they're ignorant.(not a bash, i mean that in the true sense of the word)

you know they cant do it themselves.
you know they dont know how the PCM works.
you know they're friends with jeff and will back him no matter how wrong he is.

so dont worry about it. In the words of Eleanor Roosevelt, 'No one can insult you without your permission.'
Old 12-15-2005, 07:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
so in otherwords, he will be tuned by the same methods as worlds fastest stock internal car tuner. same as the worlds fastest cam only tuner. by the same standards that let H/C cars idle, cruise and drive just as if they were stock.. no bucking, no quirks... it wont happen overnight, that takes time, but its not impossible.. its not even hard. its just time consuming.

You're crazy!

Isn't that what we were told on SCFYB last year when we said we were getting HPTuners? There is tons of info on this site and the HPTuners sites for the DIYers out there. Frustrating sometimes.....but it's not rocket science. And it sure beats driving hours to get your tune fixed SEVERAL times. Free updates/fixes aren't free unless you live 5 miles from the shop.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

Jeff Creech is a great guy, and a great tuner. I had my car tuned by a good shop in Atlanta, and the driveability my car picked up, plus the 13 rwhp and 18 rwtq with the CAM tune was insane.

Jeff helped us track down a problem on a friends car for hours one day. We took it there to fix what we thought was the problem and it ended up being something much, much worse. He never charged us a dime. I drove up a friend to pick up his car (had a camshaft installed there) and got it tuned. While we were there, he let me throw on my Ford Taurus on the dyno for a couple pulls for the hell of it, completely free of charge. When we didnt get off the dyno unitll late with my car (nearly 9 pm), he even offered us a place to stay at his house. Another friend of mine acutally got snowed in and did stay at Jeff's house, and Jeff even made him Chilli!

I've been at CAM when Jeff is having great days, and I've been there when Jeff had Pnemonia (and had it for a couple weeks) and he felt like absoulute ****, but he was still there tuning our cars, helping us out, teaching us things about what exactly he's looking for, and in general, having a really great time. I've also been there right after Jeff broke his back, and he was still rockin' on tuning the **** outta cars. I wont take a car to get it tuned anywhere else. Jeff has hundreds on top of hundreds of happy customers. Eventually, you're going to get a person such as JP here that is never going to be happy.

What you all dont see is the other messages JP had posted on the local board and IM'd me, where he was praising Jeff's work and the good time he had there. Then, after huddling with a couple Creech haters (which have never dealt with Jeff in anyway), he decides that his car isnt right. The idle problems JP is having, Jeff told him what it was and how to fix it. But, no, Jp gets on multiple boards blaming Jeff for not fixing his car. Transmission problems? Jp just put in another converter last week and actually said on our local board how he and his father (which JP blames for all problems on his car, besides the ones he blames on Creech) took the transmission apart and looked at it to make sure everything was still fresh and up to par.

Like I said in a post on SCFYB.com before he went to jeff:

"Tell Jeff I'm sorry he has to deal with you."

How ironic is that? Its like I had a crystal ball! Either that, or after reading your non-ending barrage of bullshit on SCFYB.com anyone could see this coming. JP, you have problems, the kind that dont have anything to do with your car.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreenbeanZ28
Then, after huddling with a couple Creech haters (which have never dealt with Jeff in anyway)
I've never had cancer either but after seeing people that have, I can tell you that the results suck. And I'd never want it.

Quick Reply: i think i got ripped off on my dyno tune..